Author Topic: stretch marks  (Read 4860 times)

wildsteve

• Getbig II
stretch marks
« on: April 12, 2008, 10:23:35 AM »
I've only been lifting for about a year and half, but today I noticed what appears to be the beggining of a strecth mark on my bicep. Just a few quick questions for anyone that knows something about this....
A.) How do I know for sure?
B.) Are there any products or creams I can use to get rid of it?
C.) Last forever?

Thanks in advance, I know that I train hard to look good and don't want these type of things ruining it.

Fourslot40

• Getbig II
  • DAMN!
Re: stretch marks
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 07:07:20 PM »
Some are more susceptible to larger or more stretch marks that others genetically.  It's natural man, don't sweat it.  Some stretch marks will show up purple in color in the beginning.   Doctors will tell you that Vitamin E or Zinc will work best on them.  Nothing you can really do about avoiding them, but it's not a bad thing.  Yes, they will last forever but will fade to your natural color most likely.  Look at it from a positive perspective in that your growing from your training.  You can always mix in tanning to blend them in to your skin tone.  Don't change your training regimen over it though. 

fromfattoliving

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:53:13 AM »
Yah man most of that is genetics. i have them too but I found that if I keep my tan that they don't show and make sure to use some cocoa butter afterwards. But don't tan too much more than three times a week and you got yourself an umpalumpa

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 05:34:04 PM »
...or just leave them. I got a shit load on my bi's and around my armpit and shoulder. They don't really bother me that much, though they seem to have gotten darker...
No doubt about it...

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 01:56:47 AM »
got a pic of the s. marks?

this is what stretch marks look like (outer chest)...

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 06:06:06 AM »
yeh thats pretty normal bro...  its a good sign you're growing :D

i don't really have any because the skin around my triceps is really elastic.. plenty of room to grow  ;D

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 12:11:31 AM »
I know a lot of dudes that have them, it's just a part of working out.  Dont sweat it man, most people dont even notice them.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 04:32:01 AM »
Wouldn't mind having some myself!  WOuld be a good sign.

Anyways, you could fork out loads of money on fancy creams etc, but I've read that one of the most effective AND cheapest things is daily use of coacoa butter moisturizers.  google it if you need to.
It hasn't helped...

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 04:56:04 AM »
I would take stretch marks as a compliment to your fast growth. I've always had a few on my pec/delt tie-ins and I've had them for about ten years plus - I'm not too fussed about getting rid of them because they don't ruin anything from what I can see.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 01:08:14 PM »
Wouldn't mind having some myself!  WOuld be a good sign.

Anyways, you could fork out loads of money on fancy creams etc, but I've read that one of the most effective AND cheapest things is daily use of coacoa butter moisturizers.  google it if you need to.
Yea i use cocoa butter before i work out and then later after a shower.  It seems to help keep the skin from stretching and it smooths out your skin.  Pregnant women use it on there bellies to help the skin keep its elasticity during the pregnancy.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 09:19:50 AM »
FLEX says they come from adding too much mass too fast.

bigjim2006

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 11:37:49 AM »
All it means is that you are busting your ass....You shouldn't worry about them...

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 02:30:14 PM »
FLEX says they come from adding too much mass too fast.

Essentially yes, the muscle grows faster than the skin can adjust to and it causes slight tearing or stretching in the skin.  I have these almost in the exact same spot in the pic in my pec/delt tie-in.  It's just part of life as a lifter really.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 08:59:13 PM »
pee on em.

oops wait that's athletes foot.

did you try it already though?

bmuscle90

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 07:10:56 AM »
I have them on my biceps and shoulders.. they have cleared up and aren't as visible as they use to be.  Its not a problem.. some people get it more than others and some dont get them at all.

montrealman76

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 09:35:10 AM »
New product on the market that can be bought at any local pharmacy... called bio-oil.

Has its own website.. www.bio-oil.com, and there has been a huge amount of write ups in the montreal gazette, and good responses from people already on the product. It was such a hot commodity after the write ups.. every store sold out within 2 days of stocking it.

I started using it on my belly and sides due getting strech marks that I gained from being fat. I just heard of the product about a week ago and it doesnt seem to be to bad. Put in on in the morning after I shower.. and once at night before bed.

Product costs about 10$ per small bottle, which ive been using alot and looks to last about 2 weeks depending on how much you use. You supposed to use the product for 6 months to help heal/make marks look better.. or as a PRE mark helper. If your really worried.. test it out on the areas your "about" to get marks in and try it for yourself.

Enjoy.. overall for 20$ a month.. ill take the test and see if it helps :)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 02:10:24 PM »
New product on the market that can be bought at any local pharmacy... called bio-oil.

Has its own website.. www.bio-oil.com, and there has been a huge amount of write ups in the montreal gazette, and good responses from people already on the product. It was such a hot commodity after the write ups.. every store sold out within 2 days of stocking it.

I started using it on my belly and sides due getting strech marks that I gained from being fat. I just heard of the product about a week ago and it doesnt seem to be to bad. Put in on in the morning after I shower.. and once at night before bed.

Product costs about 10$ per small bottle, which ive been using alot and looks to last about 2 weeks depending on how much you use. You supposed to use the product for 6 months to help heal/make marks look better.. or as a PRE mark helper. If your really worried.. test it out on the areas your "about" to get marks in and try it for yourself.

Enjoy.. overall for 20$ a month.. ill take the test and see if it helps :)

Not trying to diss you, sorry if I seem that way, but this product is an example of clever marketing - thats it.

In fact, it would be less effective than many other products.

First ingredient listed, which by law means the highest percentage, is paraffinum liquidum which is a fancy way to say cheap ass baby oil - which is a by product of the distillation process of petroleum to produce - no joke - gasoline. Most studies suggest that anything mineral based is incapable of any form of cellular pentration due to molecular structure. I highly do *not* recommend any mineral based products for anything. In my industry they are known to be cheap, nasty and ineffective. Should I get them free, they see the bottom of my trash very quickly :-X

As far as cream based [although alot of prevention lies with genetics, slowing speed of skin size change, interior hydration and good fat intake] almost anything non-mineral based is okay, as it can penetrate. Anything with 'butter' is better - shea, cocoa, mango etc - with shea being considered far superior in the skin care industry. Pure shea is the best thing I would recommend - which is kind of gross tbh, but is a great item. I use it religiously.

Be sure to apply twice a day within minutes of getting out of the shower.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 09:34:07 PM »
hmm can't remember the name of the brand but your local pharmacy will have a good vitamin e roll on, get that, apply after showers.

The get some cocoa butter oil, and apply that, as well, like CQ said find a good mineral product.

Most importantly avoid tanning, and sun, apply sunscreen when you go outside.

Do this and you won't have them that bad and they WILL diminish in appeareance.

CHEVEN

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 05:57:46 AM »
My marks are long and wide. I take pride in them. It lets me know that I am growing. ha ha

gymrat01

• Getbig II
  • Lift or Die!!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 02:07:01 AM »
Hey bro don't worry about it, i have small stretch marks on my inner bi's as well. They make creams for pregnant women i think it is coco butter cream or some shit like that, try it out. it will prob work
J

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 09:05:40 PM »
I've only been lifting for about a year and half, but today I noticed what appears to be the beggining of a strecth mark on my bicep. Just a few quick questions for anyone that knows something about this....
A.) How do I know for sure?
B.) Are there any products or creams I can use to get rid of it?
C.) Last forever?

Thanks in advance, I know that I train hard to look good and don't want these type of things ruining it.

stretch marks are badges of honor and i say you wear them with pride.

gymrat01

• Getbig II
  • Lift or Die!!!!
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 12:57:31 AM »
I agree with brent, they are like battle scars. At least you know your growing.
J