Author Topic: Hbo championship boxing tonight  (Read 1099 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Hbo championship boxing tonight
« on: April 12, 2008, 10:34:41 AM »
Cotto/Gomez and Margarito/Cintron 2

I really don't see any situation in which either of these fights would be boring, I actually expect Gomez to put up more of a fight than people expect him too, plus he is bigger than Cotto.  One word, fireworks.
Predictions
 40/61

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
Re: Hbo championship boxing tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 10:04:05 PM »
Marg can take a fuckin shot! Cintron never had a chance and Gomez was totally outclassed, looked to me that Cotto was toying with him.

Cotto and Marg will be epic! Both guys are beasts, I bet Cotto will choose to box Marg instead of getting caught up in a slugfest.

Cant wait for that one.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 10:31:44 PM »
Marg can take a fuckin shot! Cintron never had a chance and Gomez was totally outclassed, looked to me that Cotto was toying with him.

Cotto and Marg will be epic! Both guys are beasts, I bet Cotto will choose to box Marg instead of getting caught up in a slugfest.

Cant wait for that one.

Cotto beat the shit out of Gomez and looked pretty solid doing it, that jab worked well.  Margarito tore shit up as well, just sheer pressure, also for being such a tall, lanky guy, he shortens up his punches well.  Margarito/Cotto in July, that's got war written all over it.
Predictions
 40/61

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 11:56:01 PM »
I have this feeling Margarito might be a little too busy for Cotto. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 03:00:07 AM »
I only wish it was gonna be Cotto vs. Mayweather, instead of De la Hoya/Mayweather. But Floyd ain't dumb he knows where the big name and big money is. I want to think that Cotto would give Floyd some trouble because of his power and bullying style, but then again Floyd might just have him giving chase all over the ring and then throwing 3 or 4 punch counter flurries... I still think De La Hoya needs to prove himself against a top flight contender instead of just relying on his reputation from 10 years ago.