Author Topic: test levels  (Read 1232 times)

midwestmuscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
test levels
« on: April 13, 2008, 01:45:08 PM »
When you guys use or used steroids, did you get your test levels checked? My levels are 1550 using test cyp. every other week(14 days at 300ml). Share your levels!!!

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Re: test levels
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 05:51:32 PM »
dudes on here know WAY more than me about this, but 1550 is a mighty fine level. I had an 850 on HRT using about the same amount of test c

whitewidow

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 01:02:40 AM »
im at 758 just natural and Ive been partying like crazy and was sick when I was teted! never checked it when I was on but I bet it was pretty fckn high..

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 01:36:40 AM »
When you guys use or used steroids, did you get your test levels checked? My levels are 1550 using test cyp. every other week(14 days at 300ml). Share your levels!!!
dudes on here know WAY more than me about this, but 1550 is a mighty fine level. I had an 850 on HRT using about the same amount of test c
How many days after the shot did you two get levels measured?

gunnz

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 10:10:04 AM »
Just got checked to get on HRT, and I am at 1400 after 4 wks at 500 mg/wk of Test 250 (prop, cyp, e) and 50 mg ed of winny.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 10:25:57 AM »
Just got checked to get on HRT, and I am at 1400 after 4 wks at 500 mg/wk of Test 250 (prop, cyp, e) and 50 mg ed of winny.

Say good bye to HRT with levels like that!

Wouldn't you have to be at the bottom of the range, not over the top, for them to script HRT? Unless, the blood test was just a formality??  :-\

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 10:35:25 AM »
Say good bye to HRT with levels like that!

Wouldn't you have to be at the bottom of the range, not over the top, for them to script HRT? Unless, the blood test was just a formality??  :-\

The endocrinologists i know (including my own endocrinologist) won't prescribe anything test related for a person with a normal test level.   Most of them will follow the protocol where a low test level MUST BE verified at a later date and there MUST BE an MRI done of the brain if there is concurrent low LH or FSH.   After that, they will start on a low dose (2.5-5 grams/day of androgel, 200 mg Test cyp/2-3 weeks) and reevaluate in ~30 days.    There is a pretty well scripted out protocol for treatment of hypogonadism in adult men.  The anabolic steroid use inquiry is very similar to the Spanish inquisition minus hanging torture. 

I'd seriously like to know where these doctors are that are prescribing some of the doses I've read about on this board and a couple of other boards.   

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 10:40:45 AM »

I'd seriously like to know where these doctors are that are prescribing some of the doses I've read about on this board and a couple of other boards.   

Probably internet HRT clinics. Blood work is just a formality, then you can order at your lesuire from the sites I have seen.  :-\

No way my sports med doc would script me anything if I was even above 500?

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 10:44:52 AM »
Probably internet HRT clinics. Blood work is just a formality, then you can order at your lesuire from the sites I have seen.  :-\

No way my sports med doc would script me anything if I was even above 500?

I had to fight tooth and nail with my doctor to even get my levels evaluated---it ended up with me drawing my own blood, sending it to a lab, and me taking him the results.  At which point he became very cooperative, but there were still many hoops including repeating the blood work to verify levels and the MRI.  We've had a couple of long conversations about HRT.  I really like and respect my endocrinologist and I think he's a competent physician---shit, he's put up with me as a patient, that says alot, because if there is a way to rip him apart with what he's doing with my hormones, I will do it.   

Its just the way he presented things makes me wonder about some of the internet sources and what not.   

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 10:55:50 AM »
I had to fight tooth and nail with my doctor to even get my levels evaluated---it ended up with me drawing my own blood, sending it to a lab, and me taking him the results.  At which point he became very cooperative, but there were still many hoops including repeating the blood work to verify levels and the MRI.  We've had a couple of long conversations about HRT.  I really like and respect my endocrinologist and I think he's a competent physician---shit, he's put up with me as a patient, that says alot, because if there is a way to rip him apart with what he's doing with my hormones, I will do it.   

Its just the way he presented things makes me wonder about some of the internet sources and what not.   

Luckily, I have found a great sport medicine doctor that "gets it". He has treated pro bodybuilders, college athletes, pro football, etc and has seen it all. IFBB pro JJ Marsh refereed me to him a while ago.

Just refreshing to be able to carry a conversation with a doctor that understands the importance of HRT rather than just try to give me an anti depressant. He follows a similar protocol to your doctor and I tell him everything I am doing so he can keep tabs on me to make sure I am ok. He started me on the creme, then shots, then I took it into my own hands. What I like best, is he does not talk down to me or make me feel like I am a loser for using. So many doctors that do not get it seem to belittle their patient and that pisses me off!