Author Topic: Vince Basile: You seem to harbour much bitterness towards Chick!  (Read 51654 times)

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Vince, you are a man who has lived the bodybuilding dream.  You have run gyms and engineered new and innovative equipment.

Vince, you have an anthology of work including some of the most amazing photos from the 1980 Olympia.

My point is: You are a man who has achieved so much in life; so why are you now spending your twilight years taunting and deriding Chick? Don't you have more meaningful things to do in your life?

Has all this 'smack talk' about the Athlete's Rep come about because you are bored and lonely?  Or do you genuinely believe he is a liability to the sport?

Not hating, just interested in understanding your mindset.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Vince Basile: You seem to harbour much bitterness towards Chick!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 03:09:33 AM »
Well, when chick starts calling him a pedophile it might be a bit hard to let it go frankly.

I guess Basile posts here for the same reason you do Hank. Basile has a problem with Chick, Hank has a problem with everyone because he is a complete idiot.

Hope this helps.
from incomplete data

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 04:42:27 AM »
Yes, Chick has certainly been brutal when it comes to describing Vinces private life.

Chick has called Vince many names, some i wont even repeat on the boards.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 07:39:18 AM »
I decided to post on Getbig and have a go against the flotsam who post here. Most guys my age wouldn't dream of posting here. I have a gym and interact with young guys all the time. So I can handle myself as far as debating goes. Bob has personally attacked me and I have a right to defend myself against his continued attack. It is pathetic to read the nasty statements he made about me. Sure, this is Getbig and many say awful things here. I would have thought Bob was above that sort of thing. It appears he must be feeling vulnerable because he is very defensive.

Bob tries to dismiss others by any means he can. I feel I have an obligation to keep the IFBB officials honest. Especially a confederate who was appointed to his position by his mate. That smacks of jobs for the boys. Bob uses personal attacks to dismiss anyone who posts opposing views to his own. I mean, why all the political bullshit from him about a union job? He is one of the backroom boys and just a patsy for others. I detest those who represent the drug culture in the sport. They have ruined the sport and I wonder if it can be resurrected? I will campaign for drug testing and honest contests. Why the IFBB doesn't test for drugs is a mystery. Well, we all know why they don't. However, that is just not good enough and they have to accept the responsibility of the damage they are doing to the athletes and sport. Who is responsible for the sham called Womens bodybuilding? Enough said.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 08:23:12 AM »
I decided to post on Getbig and have a go against the flotsam who post here. Most guys my age wouldn't dream of posting here. I have a gym and interact with young guys all the time. So I can handle myself as far as debating goes. Bob has personally attacked me and I have a right to defend myself against his continued attack. It is pathetic to read the nasty statements he made about me. Sure, this is Getbig and many say awful things here. I would have thought Bob was above that sort of thing. It appears he must be feeling vulnerable because he is very defensive.

Bob tries to dismiss others by any means he can. I feel I have an obligation to keep the IFBB officials honest. Especially a confederate who was appointed to his position by his mate. That smacks of jobs for the boys. Bob uses personal attacks to dismiss anyone who posts opposing views to his own. I mean, why all the political bullshit from him about a union job? He is one of the backroom boys and just a patsy for others. I detest those who represent the drug culture in the sport. They have ruined the sport and I wonder if it can be resurrected? I will campaign for drug testing and honest contests. Why the IFBB doesn't test for drugs is a mystery. Well, we all know why they don't. However, that is just not good enough and they have to accept the responsibility of the damage they are doing to the athletes and sport. Who is responsible for the sham called Womens bodybuilding? Enough said.

Funny thing is, you can dish it out but you can't take it....YOU are the one who started the name calling and being incredibly disrespectful..I responded in kind. I'll callenge you to go back and find any post where I just started attacking YOU for no reason...as for name calling... you're the KING of it, Basile....for the very reasons you list...you can't compile an intelligent argument, because you don't have the info neccessary...you ask questions, I give you the answer (which you don't like) then proceed to call me names because you're stuck. You convieniently ignore any fact I present, and then just go on to some rant which is obscure and has nothing to do with the topic....

Notice how I respond in kind to the posts and the people asking the questions, act like an asshole, get treated like one....speaking of being "above"...you should follow your own advices...a man of your age and experience should conduct himself a little better...you act like the 16 year old goofs on here, and come off like a bitter, old has been that never was.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 08:25:26 AM »
Can't we all just get along? Fellas?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 08:28:35 AM »

Hank Wood-

You harbor quite a lot of animosity towards any number of people.
Logging on to GetBig to find find you posting some diatribe about Lee Priest, Vince Basile, Shawn Ray, or whoever your latest victim could be is commonplace.
Yet you post something like this? ::)

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 12:08:14 PM »
Can't we all just get along? Fellas?

Chick must have owed Vince some money.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 12:10:32 PM »
Funny thing is, you can dish it out but you can't take it....YOU are the one who started the name calling and being incredibly disrespectful..I responded in kind. I'll callenge you to go back and find any post where I just started attacking YOU for no reason...as for name calling... you're the KING of it, Basile....for the very reasons you list...you can't compile an intelligent argument, because you don't have the info neccessary...you ask questions, I give you the answer (which you don't like) then proceed to call me names because you're stuck. You convieniently ignore any fact I present, and then just go on to some rant which is obscure and has nothing to do with the topic....

Notice how I respond in kind to the posts and the people asking the questions, act like an asshole, get treated like one....speaking of being "above"...you should follow your own advices...a man of your age and experience should conduct himself a little better...you act like the 16 year old goofs on here, and come off like a bitter, old has been that never was.

don't worry Bob, Vince is just acting like the OLD FART that he is.....hahahaha

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 12:11:39 PM »

It seems interesting that it has to go both ways... Vince needs to answer questions, and not get into the name calling. Makes life a lot easier.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 12:13:08 PM »
Hank Wood-

You harbor quite a lot of animosity towards any number of people.
Logging on to GetBig to find find you posting some diatribe about Lee Priest, Vince Basile, Shawn Ray, or whoever your latest victim could be is commonplace.
Yet you post something like this? ::)
Don't forget about his 10 page Mike Matarazzo rant....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 12:23:04 PM »
Chic and Vince kiss and make up

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 12:54:30 PM »
Chic and Vince kiss and make up

But Chick wants a blow job, not just a "kiss".  ::)

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 01:21:37 PM »
i heard vince gave brutal blow jobs to melvin as well

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 01:37:19 PM »
...you should follow your own advices...a man of your age and experience should conduct himself a little better...you act like the 16 year old goofs on here, and come off like a bitter, old has been that never was.

lmao...."follow your own advices"...

luv it chick .......keep it up

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 01:38:31 PM »
any1 else notice that ?

and BTW .....what the fuk are u still doing here wank wood?

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 02:54:24 PM »
Vince if you can be this big a pain in Chicks arse can you imagine what it will be like when you get media and others interested in your plight against Drugs in Pro BB.It only takes one man to make a change.IFBB Drug Rule = No Fukin Drug Rule.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »
Vince your passion for the sport cannot be denied. 

Vince, you believe that 'changes' are needed in order for this sport to survive.  My question is; how do you propose to make these changes?

Vince, by coming on here and continually attacking Bob is not going to bring about change in the IFBB.  You know that, i know that.

IronFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 04:09:17 PM »
...and come off like a bitter, old has been that never was.

Vince's point is probably that if it weren't for the drugs, he would have won more contests and wouldn't be, as some call him, a "has-been".  He decided not to do them, and isn't one of the ones either dead or in marginal health at a young age.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 04:23:09 PM »
Vince has grown frustrated and embittered.  He is watching a sport he once loved spiral out of control!

Vince doesn't know how to orchestrate change so he badgers Bob.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 04:55:17 PM »
Vince's point is probably that if it weren't for the drugs, he would have won more contests and wouldn't be, as some call him, a "has-been".  He decided not to do them, and isn't one of the ones either dead or in marginal health at a young age.

Bullshit...Basile used steriods just like everyone else did back then. He wasn't good enough WITH them, thus the chip on the shoulder, bitter old man syndrome.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 05:00:42 PM »
Vince is in the progress of contacting media outlets about Drug Abuse in IFBB Pros and how the IFBB is one of the very few Sports orgs that support drug use by NOT testing any of the Pros and rewarding them with cash and sponsorship.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 05:04:10 PM »
Chick are you alleging that Vince used illegal drugs/steroids?

Vince, how are you going to speak you way around this one?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 06:05:14 PM »
Bob is on the defensive so lashes out. Ron joins the thread and reports that I do in fact call Chick names. Well, I am telling it like it is. Chick is a patsy for the Pro League and the IFBB. Can anyone imagine how pathetic bodybuilding must look to others not in the Irongame?

Anyone who has been around since the 1950s would have read the editorials of Peary Rader, Bob Hoffman, Joe Weider, Oscar Heidenstamn, and Bob Kennedy. These men had a vision for the sport and it wasn't what the sport has become now. I can't believe the sport needs a pro athletes rep. I can't believe that rep needs to be appointed. I can't accept that this rep explains how the athletes have a choice to use drugs and substances to compete at the highest level. Since when is that what the sport is all about?

The truth is bodybuilding has been a sham since goodness knows when. At least since the mid 1950s when Dianabol appeared in pharmacies. Who knows if some used testosterone back then? I started training in January 1959 and didn't try steroids until about March 1970. I took 2 Dianabol tablets a day for about 3 months. I got a bit stronger and filled out a bit, especially in the pecs. I tried Dianabol about 3 or 4 times in my career but never for any length of time. I concluded it helped a bit but there was no way I was going to be huge like Arnold and Sergio.

Contrast what I did with what is occurring today. Steroids are now a banned substance and the drug protocols are absolutely insane that the pros use. The women also abuse steroids and other drugs and look what has become of that sport. Bizarre, crazy, ugly and dangerous are words that come to mind.

When I began bodybuilding I was acutely aware that our sport was always knocked for one reason or another. I clearly saw that lifting weights was an assest for sports and I lived to see weight training accepted in sport and by the public. However, there remains a charge of extremism that cannot be denied. Who today can be proud of what is occurring in the sport? Would anyone want a son, friend or relation to aim at being a professional bodybuilder? The answer is a painful, "NO!" because it is no longer about building one's body but obtaining a shape and size by any means available. Competitors in open comps now need a drug adviser to know what to take and what to avoid. If we examine the men closely it is obvious almost all pros have had gynocomastia and other side effects. Instead of presenting with a healthy look, most appear bizarre with cuts accompanied by bloated midsections. Gone is the day when heroes like Steve Reeves could boast about his handsome appearance and excellent health.

I am all too aware of how the IFBB operates. I have personally witnessed how they recruit loyal associates and use rewards and punishments to keep members in line. There is no bodybuilding in the Olympics and today it is an embarrassment to even appear to be a champion. Well, I extend my congratulations to natural athletes, but I wonder how many resist the temptation to take substances when the gains stop? Why would a champion inject substances into muscles to win a competition? Whatever that quest is it is not bodybuilding.

I would prefer to debate hypertrophy training and design better training equipment than debate with Sophists like Bob Chick. As a philosopher, I am mystified why the sport has needed an apologist to defend the IFBB. The constitution of the IFBB looks good on paper but it is not followed and their rules and code of conduct is an ad hoc affair. Some rules are enforced while others are discarded. That is no way to operate a sport. Elections are necessary to provide accountability and fairness to everyone. We have witnessed some appalling decisions in professional bodybuilding contests. While we accept that beauty contests are always going to be controversial that shouldn't happen to a sport where standards have evolved and judging processes are applied in an acceptable manner.

I was absolutely amazed to visit Bodybuilding Com and see for myself what happened in the 2006 Masters contest staged in NY. I personally know Steve W. I mean, does he allow Bev to reply to emails? Talk about a controlling individual. I saw the report at one contest in New York where Steve stood up and challenged the audience! What the hell was that? Is this man now a big official in the IFBB? I shake my head. If he is then I am not surprised at what has happened to bodybuilding. The appointed officials all know how to play the game and remain loyal to those who appointed them. Bob C is but a pawn in this Pavlovian game where everyone knows what is required to get ahead in the sport.

Getbig is an interesting place. Ron suggests that I call some names. I wonder if Ron is part of the problem in bodybuilding. I mean, why should an owner of a discussing board allow others to call people names like pedophile? That is beyond the pall. Sure, the moderators remove such comments if you object to them and report them when they are made. When someone like Bob Chick suggests that I look like a pedophile then that is going way too far. I leave that comment up because I want others to see what happens to anyone who criticizes the IFBB. To hell with the corrupt IFBB. We have had to endure corrupt contest after contest. This happens in the major contests and at the local level. There were allegations made against officials in Asia. There have been charges made against officials in Australia. What does the IFBB do? They eliminate the 'problem' but keep their loyal officials and vice-presidents. It is a sham. Forthright guys who should be congratulated risk being marginalized, tarred and feathered, or banned from the sport.

If we look at what happened to Lee Priest then it is clear the IFBB is not a friend of bodybuilding. One outspoken guy after another gets booted out or silenced in one way or other. The list is growing. The first victims were guys like Sergio and Serge. Mike Mentzer was not allowed to win the Olympia. They were independent thinkers and a risk to the sport. So they were made outcasts and eliminated from the sport. Bev Francis was never allowed to win the Ms Olympia no matter what she did. I find it incredible that Steve is now part of the system that treated his wife so badly thoughout her career.

We have a former criminal who used to live with Arnold still running and promoting contests in Australia. There is no way to remove Paul Graham because he gets advice to change the name of his organization and the IFBB still accepts only Paul as the vice-president in Australia. There are no open elections. Talk about corruption! Why should any decent bodybuilding fan want to associate with guys like Paul? I stay far away from him and this crazy sport.

Anyway, most guys here on Getbig cannot read more than a couple of sentences so will accuse me of blabbing on and on. I won't be intimidated by Bob Chick or anyone else. I can stand up to jerks like Goatboy so can easily debate with stooges and the flotsam here. I recognize that there are plenty of intelligent guys here but most default to keeping things light and amusing. That is why Goodrum has become the fall guy. He entertains like no one else.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 06:07:59 PM »

Well then he is fighting the wrong Vince.