Author Topic: Former UN Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter interview about Iran  (Read 918 times)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
http://www.democracynow.org/2006/10/16/scott_ritter_on_target_iran_the

"What an eye-opening experience to be on your own in a nation that has been called an Islamic fascist state. I have been to dictatorships in the Middle East. I have been to nations that have a high security profile. Iran is not one of these nations. I’m a former intelligence officer who has stated some pretty strong positions on Iran, and yet I had full freedom of movement in Iran with no interference whatsoever. And as a result, although I didn’t have the approved agenda, I had my own agenda, which allowed me to interview senior government officials, senior military officials, senior intelligence officials, and to visit sites that were deemed sensitive. The conclusion is that the American media has gotten it wrong on Iran. It’s a very modern, westernized, pro-Western, and surprisingly pro-American country that does not constitute a threat to the United States whatsoever."

Interesting stuff, i dont blame the average american for thinking Iran is pure evil when the only news they absorb is from the pro israel neo con megaphone Fox.
Is there still objective news coverage in the US?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Former UN Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter interview about Iran
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 07:12:37 AM »
eh, Ritter advocates the US pulling out and letting iraq's neighbors split up the oil.

horrible idea.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 08:23:12 AM »
eh, Ritter advocates the US pulling out and letting iraq's neighbors split up the oil.

horrible idea.

I havent seen a gallon of that iraq oil over here in the US.  So whats the difference, let em have it.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 08:44:07 AM »

I havent seen a gallon of that iraq oil over here in the US.  So whats the difference, let em have it.

Maybe the whole war was to make Exxon one of the most powerful entities in the world. Can't really think of anybody who has benefited.... with the exception of oilmen.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
Maybe the whole war was to make Exxon one of the most powerful entities in the world. Can't really think of anybody who has benefited.... with the exception of oilmen.

oh I can think of a few others who positioned themselves to benefit from what is occuring.

Like I've said elsewhere, ...you can scream about the coming storm, ...or you can learn how to dance in the rain
w