Author Topic: Ideal Post Workout Meal??  (Read 997 times)

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
Ideal Post Workout Meal??
« on: April 14, 2008, 11:44:31 AM »
Hey all I was just wondering what an ideal post workout meal would consist of? I know directly after training whey isolate/creatine/vitargo is key..however when should the next meal take place and what should it consist of?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Ideal Post Workout Meal??
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 12:14:01 PM »
I'll down some NITREAN or MAXIMUS from Atlarge Nutrition immediately after a workout to get the fast acting protien and carbs in my system and working ASAP.  Then about an hour or so later I'll eat a steak and baked potato or something else I'm in the mood for. Usually two quality meals an hour and a half to two hours after working out will suit you fine. Remember quality in means quality output mass wise. That and Nitrean has more than one type of protien in it...both fast acting and slow acting to make sure you're body is always getting it when it's begging for it the most. A protien shake right after won't fill you up and make it hard to eat another meal not long after you had your shake plus it bombs your system with much needed protien after you've done all that cellular damage in the gym!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 12:34:01 PM »
Hey all I was just wondering what an ideal post workout meal would consist of? I know directly after training whey isolate/creatine/vitargo is key..however when should the next meal take place and what should it consist of?
in my opinion, bro, it doesnt really matter so much. i think pre/during nutrition matters MORE.   

BUT

if there was an 'ideal' way to do post workout nutrition...i would follow justin harris's advice....which is this=

My post workout recommendation for a 200 lb bodybuilder would be 75g of a HMW carbohydrate mixed with 5g creatine, 8g L-leucine, and 5-10g of BCAA's. This meal should be followed, approximately 15-30 minutes later, with a meal containing protein and complex carbohydrates; preferably a fast-digesting liquid protein such as a whey isolate, and some complex carbohydrates.

from his website

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 12:35:56 PM »
Post workout: banana, shake (3 scoops of protein powder in skim milk), and sometimes another piece of fruit (usually a granny smith apple)

An hour or so later, I'll have a more substantial meal (steak or chicken or turkey with veggies)

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 12:46:22 PM »
So Candi what do you recomend for pre/during?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 12:56:55 PM »
So Candi what do you recomend for pre/during?
50mg dbol and some bcaa's.
 ;D

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 12:58:07 PM »
 ;D for a natty?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 01:01:29 PM »
i was just kidding anyways man. dbol will kill you.  :)

ummm... personally i always have a solid meal 1 1/2 hours before i train...some complex carbs and some lean protein..  or is just mix some blended protein powder into my carbs..normally its oatmeal or granola .   i usually dont eat much fats before my workout, so my body can burn up a little bit of body fat.  i dont think you need fats for your workout...         

i take some caffiene, sometimes i us an N.O. product..(like today i did chest, which is a weak body part for me, so iused the n.o. product

during the workout some bcaa's are good.. if you have trouble gaining size then mix in some carbs with yoru bcaa's

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 01:07:51 PM »
Thanks man..I'm pretty much following the same guidelines for pre workout..the whole during thing I'm still a little puzzled..I was actually taking gatoraide and cell-tech during my workouts and I got some really good gains from it..

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 01:36:34 PM »
i wouldnt doutb it...cell tech = creatine and r ala, plus gatorade= dextrose...that would result in soem good gains for show!

i like bcaas during the workout, and i know alot of really big guys, and really knowledgeable guys who do the same thing.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 01:39:51 PM »
I'll try thowin some whey Isolate into the concocktion..

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 01:44:54 PM »
1/2 cup(raw) oats cooked + glob of RAW honey
12oz 1% milk + 30gm protein(pro complex)
kreakyln/vit C/multi/salmon oil

yeah i know the insulin gushing "gurus" say no fat or complex carbs post workout, but i prefer to not make
my pancreas work overtime....70-100 gms of sugar seems extreme to me(not healthy)