Author Topic: BET founder links Obama's success, race  (Read 807 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
BET founder links Obama's success, race
« on: April 15, 2008, 10:51:11 AM »
I get the feeling he doesn't like Obama.   :) 

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Wading back into the Democratic presidential race, Black Entertainment Television founder Robert Johnson said Monday that Barack Obama would not be his party's leading candidate if he were white. Mr. Johnson, a longtime friend of Bill and Hillary Rodham Clinton, was criticized in January for making what some called a thinly veiled reference to Mr. Obama's teenage drug use.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/national/stories/DN-trailmix_15pol.ART.State.Edition1.469f51b.html

This is the same guy who said this in South Carolina:

“And to me, as an African-American, I am frankly insulted that the Obama campaign would imply that we are so stupid that we would think Hillary and Bill Clinton, who have been deeply and emotionally involved in black issues since Barack Obama was doing something in the neighborhood –­ and I won’t say what he was doing, but he said it in the book –­ when they have been involved.”
Moments later, he added: “That kind of campaign behavior does not resonate with me, for a guy who says, ‘I want to be a reasonable, likable, Sidney Poitier ‘Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner.’ And I’m thinking, I’m thinking to myself, this ain’t a movie, Sidney. This is real life.”

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/13/bet-chief-raps-obama-in-sc/

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: BET founder links Obama's success, race
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 03:37:41 PM »
I get the feeling he doesn't like Obama.   :) 

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Wading back into the Democratic presidential race, Black Entertainment Television founder Robert Johnson said Monday that Barack Obama would not be his party's leading candidate if he were white. Mr. Johnson, a longtime friend of Bill and Hillary Rodham Clinton, was criticized in January for making what some called a thinly veiled reference to Mr. Obama's teenage drug use.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/national/stories/DN-trailmix_15pol.ART.State.Edition1.469f51b.html

This is the same guy who said this in South Carolina:

“And to me, as an African-American, I am frankly insulted that the Obama campaign would imply that we are so stupid that we would think Hillary and Bill Clinton, who have been deeply and emotionally involved in black issues since Barack Obama was doing something in the neighborhood –­ and I won’t say what he was doing, but he said it in the book –­ when they have been involved.”
Moments later, he added: “That kind of campaign behavior does not resonate with me, for a guy who says, ‘I want to be a reasonable, likable, Sidney Poitier ‘Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner.’ And I’m thinking, I’m thinking to myself, this ain’t a movie, Sidney. This is real life.”

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/13/bet-chief-raps-obama-in-sc/
Duh, I said this months ago..."The Cool Black Man's Pass". He's cool, and it's cool to be a black man like Obama.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 03:48:29 PM »
It's amost time for blacks to attack him for being 1/2 African and not a "real negro". :) Didn't use the N-word because I can't remember what the rules are on that.

I'm wondering where his Anita Hill is.........

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 04:01:28 PM »

I'm wondering where his Anita Hill is.........

Probably in the process of setting up her next victim.   :)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 04:33:49 PM »
It's just a matter of time. The only question is how high profile they will be. He actually does have a chance at the nomination so they probably fear him and would rather he go away quietly than diminish their status. It will take knowing he won't get the nod before everyone else piles on but I'm curious who will stab him in the back first. My guess is Jesse Jackson or that one guy with the wierd name from the NAACP.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 04:35:03 PM »
Wars fought by proxy are nothing new. Nations do it, ...and as we can see... democratic candidates do it too.  ::)
w