Author Topic: Obama is proving to be teflon  (Read 549 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama is proving to be teflon
« on: April 16, 2008, 12:35:50 AM »
Even tho the media has hammed it up about how bad the rev wright and the 'bitter' comment was... Obama hasn't dropped in the polls to any real degree.

People are looking past these things because even though he ain't perfect, he's still better than John "I lost my keys and I blame AlQ in iran for it" Mccain, and Hilary "as a poor religious immigrant who loves my guns which I refuse to list, I'm deeply offended" Clinton.

Are all these silly attacks, blowing things out of proportion, etc... simply reinforcing the thought in people that "i'm voting obama because he's not these other 2 clowns"?

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Obama is proving to be teflon
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 04:05:55 AM »
Even tho the media has hammed it up about how bad the rev wright and the 'bitter' comment was... Obama hasn't dropped in the polls to any real degree.

People are looking past these things because even though he ain't perfect, he's still better than John "I lost my keys and I blame AlQ in iran for it" Mccain, and Hilary "as a poor religious immigrant who loves my guns which I refuse to list, I'm deeply offended" Clinton.

Are all these silly attacks, blowing things out of proportion, etc... simply reinforcing the thought in people that "i'm voting obama because he's not these other 2 clowns"?

I think you summed that up nicely.

Obama supporters are going to support him no matter what and the same goes for Hillary's supporters.

A lot of conservatives are pissed that McCain will get the nomination because, no matter how much he tries to spin it, he's not a Reagan conservative.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 05:43:55 AM »
I think you summed that up nicely.

Obama supporters are going to support him no matter what and the same goes for Hillary's supporters.

A lot of conservatives are pissed that McCain will get the nomination because, no matter how much he tries to spin it, he's not a Reagan conservative.

But in the end, they will still vote for McCain. If they don't, they will end up with Obama, or (gasp) Hillary, which for a right wing conservative is = to the anti Christ taking over the White House. I hope McCian stays his own path knowing the far right will vote for him (as they really have no choice) vs attempting to make them happy by doing something stupid. You have a lot of independents and others on the fence, and they will stay away on voting day of if goes out of his way to try and make the far right happy, when push comes to shove, will have their vote anyway. I think who McCain picks as a running mate will really say a lot about that one way or another. He needs to pick someone outside of the group who ran for the Repub nomination. Picking any of them would be a mistake for him. If he comes across to the many independents as anything but just slight right of center moderate Repub, he will lose them. He would also be smart to stay as far away from Bush as humanly possible and not seek his support.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 06:21:24 AM »
240, those are the democratic voters only.  I believe these (and other issues) will be more important to moderates and independents in the fall.