Author Topic: The Boss Backs Obama  (Read 761 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
The Boss Backs Obama
« on: April 16, 2008, 06:51:34 AM »
Rocker Bruce Springsteen has endorsed Barack Obama for president.

“At the moment, critics have tried to diminish Senator Obama through the exaggeration of certain of his comments and relationships,” said the New Jersey native, in a statement posted on his Web site Wednesday. “While these matters are worthy of some discussion, they have been ripped out of the context and fabric of the man's life and vision… Over here on E Street, we're proud to support Obama for President.”

In February, Springsteen had resisted making a choice between Obama and Hillary Clinton, telling USA Today that "there are two really good Democratic candidates for president. I admire and respect them both enough to wait and see what happens."

But he praised Obama, who cited Springsteen as the person he would most like to meet in an interview with People magazine.

"I always look at my work as trying to measure the distance between American promise and American reality," he told the paper. "And I think (Obama's) inspired a lot of people with that idea: How do you make that distance shorter? …”

!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The Boss Backs Obama
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 08:22:24 AM »
Rocker Bruce Springsteen has endorsed Barack Obama for president.

“At the moment, critics have tried to diminish Senator Obama through the exaggeration of certain of his comments and relationships,” said the New Jersey native, in a statement posted on his Web site Wednesday. “While these matters are worthy of some discussion, they have been ripped out of the context and fabric of the man's life and vision… Over here on E Street, we're proud to support Obama for President.”

In February, Springsteen had resisted making a choice between Obama and Hillary Clinton, telling USA Today that "there are two really good Democratic candidates for president. I admire and respect them both enough to wait and see what happens."

But he praised Obama, who cited Springsteen as the person he would most like to meet in an interview with People magazine.

"I always look at my work as trying to measure the distance between American promise and American reality," he told the paper. "And I think (Obama's) inspired a lot of people with that idea: How do you make that distance shorter? …”

https://nypost.com/2021/02/10/bruce-springsteen-arrested-for-dwi-in-new-jersey

Hey Buttplug B - here is your boy Bruce DRUNK off his fng ass.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 08:30:54 AM »

https://nypost.com/2021/02/10/bruce-springsteen-arrested-for-dwi-in-new-jersey

Hey Buttplug B - here is your boy Bruce DRUNK off his fng ass.

You bumped a 13 year old thread to respond to a guy that doesn't post here anymore?    ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 08:33:22 AM »
You bumped a 13 year old thread to respond to a guy that doesn't post here anymore?    ???

Yeah - Benny was one of the worst posters this board ever had.  Let this serve as a reminder.   ;)