Author Topic: best workout ipod system ? serious question  (Read 2615 times)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: best workout ipod system ? serious question
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 10:58:16 PM »
The shuffle is so overpriced for what you get, I mean you don't even get a screen just a little flash drive that can play music, and it cost what it costs because it has the apple name on it.  If you are cheap buy a small sandisk or other name brand player that is small like that, if you want a nice screen and great mp3 player go with the new ipod nano color screen. 

TEAM Nasser

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 11:00:16 PM »
Archos Gmini 202S

Period.

You can put 20 go of the most brutal old school thrash/death/doom metal ever on it, and it's sexy as hell and small, which are a plus.
No video/color/photo bullshit included but they're really not necessary at all.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 12:01:03 AM »
i love it how people are rationalizing their choices of mp3 player in fear of the squad coming down on them for not being manly enough

you guys should be living in igloos and caves soon if this keeps up

just don't get a pink one guys you should be sweet.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2008, 12:08:05 AM »
The shuffle is so overpriced for what you get, I mean you don't even get a screen just a little flash drive that can play music, and it cost what it costs because it has the apple name on it.  If you are smart buy a small sandisk or other name brand player that is small like that, if you want a nice screen and great mp3 player go with the new ipod nano color screen. 

Fixed.

Ipod's are for girls and gays........
HAHA, RON.....

TheTerrifyer

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2008, 09:21:40 AM »
I'd be afraid of breaking it, too. I'm tempted to pick up the iPod Classic to store all the music and movies I have, or maybe an 80g Zune, and then just take the little player to the gym. I've already broken one mp3 player in the gym when it fell out of my pocket and I dropped a dumbbell on it. Not a problem with it's a $40 Samsung piece of shit, but a $300 iPod? Yikes.

it really isn't that bad. like you said i'll just put it in my pocket or clip it. you wouldn't even know you have it on you.

for the extra $80-100 you get basically 10 times the memory of the nano.

however like you said if you don't need the memory, then the smaller nano might be better.

i guess it all depends on what you expect from your devise and the amount of music you plan on putting on it.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 09:29:12 AM »
guy + white ipod = gay agenda

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2008, 09:48:40 AM »
I'd be afraid of breaking it, too. I'm tempted to pick up the iPod Classic to store all the music and movies I have, or maybe an 80g Zune, and then just take the little player to the gym. I've already broken one mp3 player in the gym when it fell out of my pocket and I dropped a dumbbell on it. Not a problem with it's a $40 Samsung piece of shit, but a $300 iPod? Yikes.

i had the same dilemma- dropping what is the equivalent to a $300 hard drive on the ground, losing my files, have to replace and reformat it. etc.

i bought an aluminum ipod case. only cost i think $30. very light. i have dropped it off my waistband onto the floor several times and the thing won't break. in fact i once dropped it onto the concrete outside the gym fumbling with my keys- the case buckled a bit, but the ipod went undamaged.

$30 well spent.

b

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2008, 07:03:45 PM »
ipod shuffle is great, i always hang it on my t shirt or in my chain... you dont even feel its there... and it can fall and even go under water... hahaha and still plays.. ;D