Author Topic: RCMP Steroid Bust  (Read 3464 times)

WEAPONX

• Getbig II
RCMP Steroid Bust
« on: April 17, 2008, 07:11:21 PM »
FYI : might be of interest to somebody.

X

Large Anabolic Steroid Seizure... One Man Charged
(Kitchener, ON. April 16th, 2008) On Wednesday, April 10th, 2008, members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Kitchener Detachment Federal Enforcement Section arrested and charged a male with two offences.

Fernando REIS (45) of Kitchener, Ontario has been charged with Trafficking and Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking in Anabolic Steroids, contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.

The investigation is continuing and may include additional charges under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, as well as offences under other Federal Statutes. Police originally entered into the investigation after a private company made allegations of the sale of a counterfeit pharmaceutical product designed to resemble their patented brand drug, contrary to the Copyright Act. Police have seized a large amount of unidentified substances, some believed to be counterfeit pharmaceuticals, as well as a large quantity of suspected anabolic steroids.

The public is encouraged to be mindful that all prescription pharmaceuticals should only be obtained with a prescription from a qualified medical practitioner and filled at a reputable pharmacy by a certified pharmacist. This standard practice is necessary as pharmaceutical drugs are produced and packaged in compliance with health and safety regulations imposed by the government. Most counterfeit drugs are intentionally designed to make the user believe they are genuine, however the contents may differ substantially, leaving the general public at risk.

“Without regulations, counterfeit drugs may be manufactured in dirty or non-sterile environments and may possess little or no quality control of dosages, resulting in negative side effects, or worse, toxic effects” stated Corporal Ron MacLean of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. “Counterfeit pharmaceuticals potentially pose a health risk to those persons who ingest them. Medical advice should be sought for those people who suspect they may have taken a counterfeit drug”.

REIS is currently in remand and scheduled to appear in the Kitchener Courthouse on April 18th, 2008.

- 30 -

For further information contact:

Cst. Laurence YIM, RCMP Kitchener Detachment, Media Relations, (519) 896-3542 or Cpl. Ron MacLEAN, RCMP Kitchener Detachment, Federal Enforcement Section, (519)896-3542.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
Re: RCMP Steroid Bust
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 07:14:14 PM »
if he was counterfeiting stuff im glad he got busted.  people like that are shit

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 07:15:59 PM »
This will prevent the free flow of steroids...

NOT.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Moosejay

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 07:19:56 PM »
Wonder if he's related to gargantuan 70's/80's bb, Robert Reis...

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 08:02:26 PM »
great to see that the Canadian gov. pisses their peoples money away on stupid shit just like the Americans do!

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 08:09:31 PM »
Wonder if he's related to gargantuan 70's/80's bb, Robert Reis...

Reis is a very common Portugese last name.
shotgun on the team

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 08:35:31 PM »
great to see that the Canadian gov. pisses their peoples money away on stupid shit just like the Americans do!

Yep!!  haha.  Not to the same extent though, but yes, we do it here too.  They put about 1,000 man hours into a recent bust of an 18 year old pot dealer here in town.  He was caught with 100 or so grams on hand.  Thanks guys, when someone is being stabbed or raped, I will remember that.  ::)

Then again, narcs are just pawns to make sure the risk in the drug trade remains high so as a direct consequence of that, profits remain high.  Drug cartels and dealers should be thanking them - if not for narcs, there would be no profit in the drug trade.

Those who push prohibition the hardest are the highest ranked drug barons in the trade who reap the most profits, and the narcs are none the wiser.  Oh, the irony.  :-\
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 09:51:38 PM »
  They put about 1,000 man hours into a recent bust of an 18 year old pot dealer here in town. 

Another dangerous stoner behind bars great work boys!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 09:56:24 PM »
Another dangerous stoner behind bars great work boys!

In northern Ontario, I doubt he will get jail time, but he might.  Yep, thanks!

Bodybuilding Pro.com

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 12:32:07 AM »
Question...

Is this stuff already on the black market? (Vitatropin) if so... together with the inhalable insulin... we're gonna see a whole lot of needle fearing gymrats going "Coleman"...

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=169343

http://www.nautilusbiotech.com/

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 03:18:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure they meant generic stuff not counterfeit stuff.

A 18 year old pot dealer busted with 100g will might actually go to prison in Canada ?
Well i'm still happy that I did not get busted when i was growing my own.

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 03:28:36 AM »
Question...

Is this stuff already on the black market? (Vitatropin) if so... together with the inhalable insulin... we're gonna see a whole lot of needle fearing gymrats going "Coleman"...

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=169343

http://www.nautilusbiotech.com/

anyone??

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 05:47:58 AM »
Yep!!  haha.  Not to the same extent though, but yes, we do it here too.  They put about 1,000 man hours into a recent bust of an 18 year old pot dealer here in town.  He was caught with 100 or so grams on hand.  Thanks guys, when someone is being stabbed or raped, I will remember that.  ::)

Then again, narcs are just pawns to make sure the risk in the drug trade remains high so as a direct consequence of that, profits remain high.  Drug cartels and dealers should be thanking them - if not for narcs, there would be no profit in the drug trade.

Those who push prohibition the hardest are the highest ranked drug barons in the trade who reap the most profits, and the narcs are none the wiser.  Oh, the irony.  :-\
You still don't get it, do you? It's right in front of your face and you look for the conspiracy angle trying to appear intelligent. Sit down on your front porch tonight and watch the world go by...maybe it will come to you.  ;)

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 05:59:19 AM »

boy are you a stupid muthafucka. It clearly sais they busted him for selling fakes and thats the reason they were investigating him in the first place, not because of steroids. I dont see how thats pissing away anyones money. Even the RCMP officer talks about how unsafe it is to use counterfeit products.

UR A JACKASS