Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS  (Read 62411 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
NBA PLAYOFFS
« on: April 18, 2008, 12:05:28 AM »
Ok beach bum, lets see what kobe can do this year, will he play like he did this year or get desperate and go back to normal selfish kobe (which is still dominating)..Bynum is out.. i predict this year to be a Kobe Blitz, not a laker fan, but i love there game, they space the floor well and have a great offese, then any team with kobe would have great offense

Lets see if Shaq can elevate amare's game a little more cause the Tim duncan definately will, last year duncan destroyed Amare, i know Nash will show up, and i hope shaq can stay outta foul trouble. If the suns lose i will not recover.

Lebron, good luck..poor guy has a team of losers, whats sadder to see then the suns losing is witnessing King james do it all and still get swept.
Gilbert arenas takes a whole year off and is back in time for the playoffs, he needs conditioning but his shot is awesome, still think this is a even matchup.

will Tracy mcgrady win a playoff series? i think not..Utah in 4, mcgrady to cry again
&feature=related

Dallas vs New orleans, kidd vs paul, i have to go for experience, but dallas chokes mores then john starks.
Boston will sweep atlanta.

Toronto and orlando
??? who really cares

body88

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 06:41:09 AM »
Ok beach bum, lets see what kobe can do this year, will he play like he did this year or get desperate and go back to normal selfish kobe (which is still dominating)..Bynum is out.. i predict this year to be a Kobe Blitz, not a laker fan, but i love there game, they space the floor well and have a great offese, then any team with kobe would have great offense

Lets see if Shaq can elevate amare's game a little more cause the Tim duncan definately will, last year duncan destroyed Amare, i know Nash will show up, and i hope shaq can stay outta foul trouble. If the suns lose i will not recover.

Lebron, good luck..poor guy has a team of losers, whats sadder to see then the suns losing is witnessing King james do it all and still get swept.
Gilbert arenas takes a whole year off and is back in time for the playoffs, he needs conditioning but his shot is awesome, still think this is a even matchup.

will Tracy mcgrady win a playoff series? i think not..Utah in 4, mcgrady to cry again
&feature=related

Dallas vs New orleans, kidd vs paul, i have to go for experience, but dallas chokes mores then john starks.

Toronto and orlando
??? who really cares

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 07:10:07 AM »
I like the Suns beating the Spurs in 6 games out in the west.

In the East...

Go Wizards!!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 09:15:37 AM »
The shame of it is that the East, with the exception of Boston and Detroit, is basically the "Junior Varsity" of the NBA.  So while the West beats up on each other, the East team which goes to the finals will face only one tough series.

Think of the Suns or Spurs, one of them will go to the second round already being (likely) depleted by a vicious, physical 6 or 7 game series.  It reminds me of several years ago when the Lakers defeated the Spurs in a brutal series and then had nothing left for Detroit.

Nevertheless, something tells me that there is a Patriots-style collapse waiting in the wings somewhere for the Celts.  Just a hunch.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 01:43:24 PM »
if the celts dont win the finals the season was a waste, atleast with the suns everybody hated the shaq trade so if they lose in the 1 round its a upset but not a major one.
im expecting to see lebron avg 50 a game, the wizards may let him go off and just trap the other bums

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 03:01:06 PM »
Celtics-Lakers finals baby!!!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 08:46:22 AM »
if the celts dont win the finals the season was a waste, atleast with the suns everybody hated the shaq trade so if they lose in the 1 round its a upset but not a major one.
im expecting to see lebron avg 50 a game, the wizards may let him go off and just trap the other bums

Pretty accurate. Lebron doesn't have much help. Ben Wallace plays dominant in short spurts nowadays and they're missing Pavolivic, who's a valuable backup. The Wizards have better overall talent than the Cavs and score more points on offense.

I just think the Wizards want it more this year and are tired of geting kicked around for the last 2 years by the Cavs. Third time's a charm. I see the Wizards winning the series in six games.

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 09:49:25 AM »
Lakers going down in the second round to the Jazz, too soft for Sloan and his good ol' boys.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 11:03:22 AM »

&feature=related

Toronto and orlando
??? who really cares

I like the Lakers chances.  They finished at the top of the toughest conference in years despite numerous injuries.  And they're still missing Bynum and Ariza.  If we get those two back, it's over.  Even without them, I think we can win.  Outside of Duncan, Kobe is the best playoff battle tested player in the NBA.

I'd love to see a Lakers-Spurs conference final and a Lakers-Celtics final. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 01:08:03 PM »
Crap. The Wizards drop game 1 to the Cavs, 93-86. Wizards couldn't hit a shot in the final period. Had so many chances to put that game away.

It's only game 1, though. Long series to play.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 02:37:17 PM »
lol at Snack O'Neal.  With six minutes to play SA started hack-a-Shaq.  He missed three straight free throws and the Suns pulled him with five minutes to go and a three point lead. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 02:48:04 PM »
Say what you will. Shaq is showing a lot of hustle and desire since coming to the Suns.

Not to mention being light on his feet and better lateral movement. He will be the x-factor during the Suns playoff run.

I think the Suns are going to the NBA finals. Steve Nash is just due and Stoudemire is playing great.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 02:52:55 PM »
Jesus, I type that last post as Finley hits a 3 to tie the game against the Suns. Looks like overtime.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 03:10:13 PM »
HOLY SHIT! Tim Duncan hits a three to force double overtime! :o :o :o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 03:14:42 PM »
That was insane. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 03:34:12 PM »
Great game!

Why was I rooting for the Spurs?   :-\

body88

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »
The shame of it is that the East, with the exception of Boston and Detroit, is basically the "Junior Varsity" of the NBA.  So while the West beats up on each other, the East team which goes to the finals will face only one tough series.

Think of the Suns or Spurs, one of them will go to the second round already being (likely) depleted by a vicious, physical 6 or 7 game series.  It reminds me of several years ago when the Lakers defeated the Spurs in a brutal series and then had nothing left for Detroit.

Nevertheless, something tells me that there is a Patriots-style collapse waiting in the wings somewhere for the Celts.  Just a hunch.

The celtics couldent have a patriots style collapse, the superbowl is only one game. Could the celts lose? yep, and they could also continue the trend of beating all the best teams in the west like they did all year long.

body88

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »

Bull, the celtics where one of the worst teams in the NBA last year. The turnaround that was seen this year with the celts was literally the greatest turn around in history.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 03:39:25 PM »
Great game!

Why was I rooting for the Spurs?   :-\
depression is setting in, im sensitive when it comes to my teams losing, oh man.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 03:41:53 PM »
The celtics couldent have a patriots style collapse, the superbowl is only one game. Could the celts lose? yep, and they could also continue the trend of beating all the best teams in the west like they did all year long.

You think the Celtics beat the Lakers at full strength?  I don't see it.  I don't think the Celtics beat the Spurs either. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 03:44:11 PM »

I need the suns to win one game at san antonio, if they lose the next it will affect my job and relationships, and if all fails i want kobe to win a title.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 03:44:19 PM »
Washington shouldn't have tugged on Superman's cape.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 03:45:34 PM »
depression is setting in, im sensitive when it comes to my teams losing, oh man.

lol. ;D  It's only one game mang.  Long series.

Although I think the Lakers/Spurs would be a better series, Lakers/Suns in the conference finals would be a ratings bonanza.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 03:47:16 PM »
I need the suns to win one game at san antonio, if they lose the next it will affect my job and relationships, and if all fails i want kobe to win a title.

Yep.  That's all the visiting team has to do:  one win road game, defend home court. 

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 03:55:09 PM »
No one deserves a title more than my boy right here.