Author Topic: Bob, what do the pros really think of getbig?  (Read 3076 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Bob, what do the pros really think of getbig?
« on: April 18, 2008, 10:22:40 AM »
I bet you must hear from a lot of pros about getbig since you still post here.  Most like to act like they hate this board yet they can't seem to look away and they always return here for more abuse.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Bob, what do the pros really think of getbig?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 10:28:20 AM »
dont think they ever bring it up. most are probably embarrased to admit they read here with all the immature shit on here   :)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 10:32:28 AM »
dont think they ever bring it up. most are probably embarrased to admit they read here with all the immature shit on here   :)

Yea, the maturity of these professional drug addicts is just stellar. None of the smack talk and self-publicising garbage ever comes from their GH enlarged mouths.
O

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 10:35:15 AM »
I'm sure they all think its kind of a joke.  People just rag on them anyway so they figure why even bother posting here.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 10:47:42 AM »
I love this notion that the pros are these lofty, enlightened souls who are mercilessly attacked by the uneducated hordes.

It was the likes of Kamali, Prince et al who kicked off the whole sorry trend of cyber wars. Prince did better at Mayhem where he was free to abuse and moderate to his heart's content. On GB it is a little different, apart from Chick's occasional abuses of his powers, everyone is equally as worthless and there is no special protection.
O

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 11:01:37 AM »
I love this notion that the pros are these lofty, enlightened souls who are mercilessly attacked by the uneducated hordes.

It was the likes of Kamali, Prince et al who kicked off the whole sorry trend of cyber wars. Prince did better at Mayhem where he was free to abuse and moderate to his heart's content. On GB it is a little different, apart from Chick's occasional abuses of his powers, everyone is equally as worthless and there is no special protection.

Actually, most of the pros are down to earth laid back guys and don't expect special treatment or anything.  That's why it sucks that they get ragged on so much. 

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 11:08:50 AM »
Actually, most of the pros are down to earth laid back guys and don't expect special treatment or anything.  That's why it sucks that they get ragged on so much. 

They actually started the trend. They used forums to 'rag' on each other and other forum users, using their own names and aliases.

As I said already, they started all the smackdown and 'owning' shit. Guys like Kamali, Prince, Ray, Milos etc have all used the internet to launch multiple tirades and start juvenile name calling.  They also tend to flip out and become embroiled in arguments very quickly. I don't think meaningful debate is on the cards.

They are as much responsible for any 'ragging' as the next man.
O

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 11:10:48 AM »

Yeah its pretty cool to be able to come onto a forum where you can't be put in "time out" just because you threaten a mods fragile ego.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 11:12:58 AM »
They actually started the trend. They used forums to 'rag' on each other and other forum users, using their own names and aliases.

As I said already, they started all the smackdown and 'owning' shit. Guys like Kamali, Prince, Ray, Milos etc have all used the internet to launch multiple tirades and start juvenile name calling.  They also tend to flip out and become embroiled in arguments very quickly. I don't think meaningful debate is on the cards.

They are as much responsible for any 'ragging' as the next man.

Point well made.  However, I don't think all the pros would act in the same fashion as those guys.  Most pros are pretty much just regular guys and don't feel like getting constantly ragged on when they put as much hard work as they do into their training.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 11:13:47 AM »
IFBB "pros" expect to be treated as "pros" whether it'd be in real life or on the internet.
Shame their status in the "sport" depend on whether they recieve their drugs in the mail.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 11:16:11 AM »
Most pros are pretty much just regular guys and don't feel like getting constantly ragged on when they put as much hard work as they do into their training.

hard work? most of them don't even bother to train when they're off the sauce.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 11:17:47 AM »

Soooooooooo you're saying that they are not hard workers ::)

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 11:21:16 AM »

Two words=Paul Dillet  8)

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 11:21:21 AM »

No need to get racist here, bro.  Let's keep things civil.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 11:25:20 AM »
Most pro bodybuilders spend their spare time volunteering at orphanages, or at the local YMCA helping the underprivileged.

They just don't have the spare time to post here.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 11:27:37 AM »
Most pro bodybuilders spend their spare time volunteering at orphanages, or at the local YMCA helping the underprivileged.

They just don't have the spare time to post here.
MusclePhone alerted me to Paco Bautista serving lunch at a soup kitchen in Denver.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 11:33:27 AM »

while i'm sure that some/many of them train with intensity, I don't consider putting in about 5 hours a week at the gym "hard work." (strict dieting aside.)

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 11:36:28 AM »
while i'm sure that some/many of them train with intensity, I don't consider putting in about 5 hours a week at the gym "hard work."  sorry.  

I guess my opinions on that matter all depend on how much the individual is making.  I would say any responsible pro making less than 100,000 a year should most definately have a full time job, not only for the income but for the benefits.  Working a 40 hour week by no means would inhibit most of them from training 2 hours a day.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 11:37:04 AM »
while i'm sure that some/many of them train with intensity, I don't consider putting in about 5 hours a week at the gym "hard work." (strict dieting aside.)

eating right and all the other things are very hard!

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 11:39:28 AM »

Agreed, but Coleman is proof that having a full-time career and being a successful bodybuidler on top of it is very achievable.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 11:44:38 AM »

i agree that the strict dieting component is challenging.  (but that only happens a couple of times a year for most pros.)  i was responding to the post that emphasized all the "hard work" that pros put into their "training".  There are countless gym rats that train as intensely as many pros do.  All the "hard work" that the pros put in the gym is straight out of the pages of FLEX.  

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 12:08:35 PM »
Yea, the maturity of these professional drug addicts is just stellar. None of the smack talk and self-publicising garbage ever comes from their GH enlarged mouths.

Imagine that......the biggest drug abusers in the world, some of the biggest scumbags on the planet, demanding respect.......bizzaro fucking world.
HAHA, RON.....

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 12:10:10 PM »
Imagine that......the biggest drug abusers in the world, some of the biggest scumbags on the planet, demanding respect.......bizzaro fucking world.

Apparently your world is a very, very small one that doesnt go much outside the boundries of getbig.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 12:35:32 PM »
All the pros read this shit on a daily if not weekly basis...it has been confirmed by pros who i talked to and smoked blunts with...not goin to name names but CC and VM are thier initials.
L

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 12:39:22 PM »
All the pros read this shit on a daily if not weekly basis...it has been confirmed by pros who i talked to and smoked blunts with...not goin to name names but CC and VM are thier initials.

Connie Coleman?