Author Topic: MD "No Bull Radio"- Comments?  (Read 1756 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
MD "No Bull Radio"- Comments?
« on: April 19, 2008, 01:35:00 AM »
I listened to the Kovacs part II episode today and it seemed like an unstructured mess to me.  Just a bunch of industry guys shooting the shit and verbally jerking each other off.  What do you guys think?  Shawn answered his questions very coherently and in a structured fashion and added some order to it, but other than that it just sounds like a round table of guys talking about bodybuilding.  Now if that's the point, I guess it's unique in some way, but I don't imagine it attracts nearly the audience that PBW does.

What do you guys make of it?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
Re: MD "No Bull Radio"- Comments?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 01:52:10 AM »
I can't fucking stand listening to Palumbo and Ramono blabble to eachother. Romano can never get out what he wants to say and Palumbo's voice simply annoys the fuck out of me. Some of the guests they have are interesting but fuck Palumbo and Ramono are terrible.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 02:12:56 AM »
I can't fucking stand listening to Palumbo and Ramono blabble to eachother. Romano can never get out what he wants to say and Palumbo's voice simply annoys the fuck out of me. Some of the guests they have are interesting but fuck Palumbo and Ramono are terrible.
romano is the more annoying one. 

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 02:26:32 AM »

That's kind of what I mean.  They laugh way too much at each other's jokes too.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 11:15:19 PM »
Palumbo is dissing Trey Brewer on MD right now.  talking about how he's too narrow, back is in trouble, is too big now and will not be ready in 9 weeks for his next show.
Addicted to the Steal

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 11:18:16 PM »
Well i listened to the show too, didnt seem that bad.

I was impressed with Kovacs though. Came across as a pretty smart and decent bloke. Realises he made some mistakes when he was younger.
No doubt about it...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 11:24:57 PM »
im a huge fan of no bull radio, personally.  :)

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 11:46:20 PM »
Listening to romano and palumbo reminds me of these charecters for some reason lol..

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 04:41:46 AM »
The Beef digs it. It's a Ny / Stern type of vibe.

Kovacs was fantastic.

The Beef

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 05:59:34 AM »
I listen to both shows.  PBW and No Bull.  The MD show can be goofy some of the time and way too long. But both are alright by me.   
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 07:25:02 AM »
I listened to the Kovacs part II episode today and it seemed like an unstructured mess to me.  Just a bunch of industry guys shooting the shit and verbally jerking each other off.  What do you guys think?  Shawn answered his questions very coherently and in a structured fashion and added some order to it, but other than that it just sounds like a round table of guys talking about bodybuilding.  Now if that's the point, I guess it's unique in some way, but I don't imagine it attracts nearly the audience that PBW does.

Given your recent posts, I would have figured a circle jerk would be right up your alley. Colour me wrong.

ScottWelch

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 01:21:46 PM »
I like No Bull and PBW but agree that No Bull needs to be better thought out, planned etc.  Their show guests are different from PBW which I like but I think Dave & John need to pre write the show as it sounds like they just turn the mic on and talk bodybuilding on the spot.  Radio shows outside our industry are prewritten so that they come across smooth and well thought out, funny and entertaining etc.  Kovacs was awesome.  He speaks his mind, comes across natural on the air and added so much humor to the show on both interviews.   

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 01:31:01 PM »
I liked it. Greg Kovacs has a great sense of humor. Allthough still has a big ego and making bs claims like inclining 7 plates for 1 rep on the smith.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 01:32:07 PM »
I like No Bull and PBW but agree that No Bull needs to be better thought out, planned etc.  Their show guests are different from PBW which I like but I think Dave & John need to pre write the show as it sounds like they just turn the mic on and talk bodybuilding on the spot.  Radio shows outside our industry are prewritten so that they come across smooth and well thought out, funny and entertaining etc.  Kovacs was awesome.  He speaks his mind, comes across natural on the air and added so much humor to the show on both interviews.   

That much is correct.  Regarding Kovacs, is it realistic that he only used 3,000MG of test per week at most?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 01:33:24 PM »
That much is correct.  Regarding Kovacs, is it realistic that he only used 3,000MG of test per week at most?
no

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 02:10:23 PM »
fucking romano and palumbo  fucking constatntly fucking laughing at fucking each others fucking stupid fucking jokes , annoys the living fucking shit outta me !!!!!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 02:23:45 PM »
no

That was my impression also.  I'm sure he used much more than that.  It's just the type of extreme personality that Greg has, that he would use that much even if it wasn't doing him any good.  So I'm not saying he needed that much, but that he probably tried anyway.

fucking romano and palumbo  fucking constatntly fucking laughing at fucking each others fucking stupid fucking jokes , annoys the living fucking shit outta me !!!!!

Exactly!
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 03:23:56 PM »

Pretty much sums it up. Two very insecure drug bound criminals making a radio show, and that's what you get.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 03:31:08 PM »
Well i listened to the show too, didnt seem that bad.

I was impressed with Kovacs though. Came across as a pretty smart and decent bloke. Realises he made some mistakes when he was younger.

Key word right there in "came across".  These are the kind of people that do whatever it takes to "come across as being smart" instead of you just take things for what they are. Monster Jail-house Losers.

No one can in their right mind say that Greg after what he has done to himself, his relationship and his body, is decent. Him trying to impersonate Nasser was sad, at best...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 03:32:24 PM »
Key word right there in "came across".  These are the kind of people that do whatever it takes to "come across as being smart" instead of you just take things for what they are. Monster Jail-house Losers.

No one can in their right mind say that Greg after what he has done to himself, his relationship and his body, is decent. Him trying to impersonate Nasser was sad, at best...
who the fuck are you

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2008, 03:34:42 PM »
who the fuck are you

HAHAHAHA!!!

They are always talking about bodybuilding is a freak show, well they are the very freaks they are talking about, and I'm not only talking physical here. They are just too disturbed to see it...