Author Topic: Sub prime mortgage  (Read 511 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Sub prime mortgage
« on: April 20, 2008, 11:11:50 AM »
Instead of focusing on bullshit issues like abortion, gun-laws and similar stuff where all the three candidates will be pretty similar anyways, why not have them talk about shit that really matters.

How many presidents the last 50 years have made any radical changes to gun laws eg? ::)

Stuff that will affect the national economy.

How about the sub prime mortgage? And the whole mortgage sector.

Some say it's not criminal to be stupid, and that mortgage companies should be able to offer whatever mortgages they want.

But what if millions of people are getting sub prime mortgages and fcuking up their economy?

It will eventually hit the national economy. It will become an avalanche, bringing down everything in its way.

Look at the current economic situation, with millions having real estate issues.

It's fcuking up the economy world wide.

Because the finance industry isn't regulated hard enough. You need to have laws.

Otherwise there will be Enron's, Ken Lay's, and millions of fcuked citizens. Always.

Political science indicates that Trans National Corporations are the new powerhouses.

The only chance for the common man to hold his own is by legislative measures.

And then you always have the select dumb few who applaud the advances of the Trans National Corporations. Those who somehow believes that it is great to be in the hands of a board of directors instead of a voted parlament ???
As empty as paradise

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Sub prime mortgage
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
Subprimes are done Hedge. Of course we are seeing the damage now with all the foreclosures, rate adjustments, etc. But for the most part Subprimes are a thing of the past. They will start popping back up in five or six years though, property values need to stabilize first though. Oh and I disagree about regulating them, subprime mortgages made me a lot of money ;D
E

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 07:57:04 AM »
Instead of focusing on bullshit issues like abortion, gun-laws and similar stuff where all the three candidates will be pretty similar anyways, why not have them talk about shit that really matters.

How many presidents the last 50 years have made any radical changes to gun laws eg? ::)

Stuff that will affect the national economy.

How about the sub prime mortgage? And the whole mortgage sector.

Some say it's not criminal to be stupid, and that mortgage companies should be able to offer whatever mortgages they want.

But what if millions of people are getting sub prime mortgages and fcuking up their economy?

It will eventually hit the national economy. It will become an avalanche, bringing down everything in its way.

Look at the current economic situation, with millions having real estate issues.

It's fcuking up the economy world wide.

Because the finance industry isn't regulated hard enough. You need to have laws.

Otherwise there will be Enron's, Ken Lay's, and millions of fcuked citizens. Always.

Political science indicates that Trans National Corporations are the new powerhouses.

The only chance for the common man to hold his own is by legislative measures.

And then you always have the select dumb few who applaud the advances of the Trans National Corporations. Those who somehow believes that it is great to be in the hands of a board of directors instead of a voted parlament ???

and considering that most economic analysts  believe that, "no one could see this crisis coming" really makes me feel good.

I disagree.

I made this post in April and I live in Sweden, far away from USA.

I saw it coming then.

Of course there are people much smarter and with much better insight than me, that saw it coming much earlier than I did.
As empty as paradise

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 08:25:22 AM »
This is the central issue in why we're having the problems we are. The Dems don't want to hear it. The idiots on this board don't want to look at the social legislation that was crammed through our congress that made this shit possible. Carter and his morons started it, and then Clinton's folks enforced it in the 90's when the economy was doing well. In this country, home ownership was never a right. U had to work very very hard. The libs thought everybody ought to own a house. They forced banks into shitty loans. Trace the history, look what HUd did, look at who ran Freddie and Fanny, look at the Republican response. Look at what Barney Frank did and said during the investigations into this stuff in 2005. Hedge we're not blind this crap. Bottom line, if u can't afford a house, no amount of wishing or creative finance should allow u to own one. Ur not entitled to anything here and many people forgot that.
L