Author Topic: Can someone answer this?  (Read 1505 times)

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Can someone answer this?
« on: April 20, 2008, 12:54:44 PM »
Why the fuck does it seem like the democratic primaries are going on forever and the republican primaries have been over for awhile now?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Can someone answer this?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 01:01:24 PM »
I think they still have the same number of primaries/caucuses, but McCain already has enough delegates for the nomination, so that race is over. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 06:42:42 PM »
Why is this race so long?

Over 2000 delgates needed for Dems, only around 1200 for Republicans.

Hillary doesn't want to die, thus dragging this out longer than it should have lasted.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 07:31:34 PM »
It is definitely too long.  I like what Hugo proposed a little while back:  have them all on the same day. 

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 10:18:46 PM »
I would like to see both parties abolished.  Can you imagine what it would be like if people actually had to discuss the issues rather than hide behind a label (Republican/Democrat) when discussing politics?

Instead of  "I'm a Democrat"

It would be...

What is your position on guns? Why?

What is your position on foreign policy? Why?

Jesus Christ, can you imagine the level of thought that would be reintroduced into politics?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 10:23:36 PM »
I would like to see both parties abolished.  Can you imagine what it would be like if people actually had to discuss the issues rather than hide behind a label (Republican/Democrat) when discussing politics?

It would be...

Jesus Christ, can you imagine the level of thought that would be reintroduced into politics?

Damn, that would be the best thing to happen.  take it issue by issue and see who wins out.  Pigeon holeing people doesnt work anymore.   Times have changed.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 01:23:42 AM »

It would be...

"THOUGHT" by the typical American voting public? surely you jest?
I thought the voting process was suppose to be INclusive, not EXclusive.
If you make it so it requires any degree of thought, ...you'd have less people voting than you do now.  ;D

I kind of like Jesse Ventura's idea of "none of the above"  ;D
w

Alex23

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 01:46:17 AM »

"THOUGHT" by the typical American voting public? surely you jest?
I thought the voting process was suppose to be INclusive, not EXclusive.
If you make it so it requires any degree of thought, ...you'd have less people voting than you do now.  ;D

I kind of like Jesse Ventura's idea of "none of the above"  ;D

Why do you care so much about Politcs of a Country you don't live in and hate so much anyway?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 03:07:37 AM »
Pigeon holeing people doesnt work anymore.   Times have changed.

Karl Rove gloated for 8 years about the effectiveness of divisive politics.

Instead of focusing on why his policies were better, be asked all the right-wing radio and tv personalities to focus on demonizing "libs" back in 1999.  It was a coordinated effort and it worked.  Everything the white house has introduced since then - they don't have to explain why it's good - they just have to tell us why the "evil libs" oppose it.

It's worked, without a doubt.  And you have millions of repubs who see Mccain as an old, senile, angry warmonger - and they're going to vote for him anyway - because the other candidates are evil libs.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 05:46:45 AM »

Why do you care so much about Politcs of a Country you don't live in and hate so much anyway?

Go back to G&O you bipolar jackass.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 05:51:16 AM »
Karl Rove gloated for 8 years about the effectiveness of divisive politics.

Instead of focusing on why his policies were better, be asked all the right-wing radio and tv personalities to focus on demonizing "libs" back in 1999.  It was a coordinated effort and it worked.  Everything the white house has introduced since then - they don't have to explain why it's good - they just have to tell us why the "evil libs" oppose it.

It's worked, without a doubt.  And you have millions of repubs who see Mccain as an old, senile, angry warmonger - and they're going to vote for him anyway - because the other candidates are evil libs.

That makes sense. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 05:56:06 AM »
That makes sense. 

It worked.  You ask a hardcore republican like The Coach... would you vote for Repub A, with monster scandals and risky spending, vs. Democrat B, with clean record and smart plan....

He'll pick the republican every time. 

The strategy was designed to make people defend their "team" by demonizing the entire Dem party.  Seriously, remember people here defending Larry Craig, who tried to fuck a guy in the mens room in an airport?  People here DEFENDED HIM! 

Because he's on their team.  They don't care about right/wrong or having people in office with moral standards.  They care about winning.  Because they've been trained to be that way.  And Rove brags about it :)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 06:01:52 AM »
It worked.  You ask a hardcore republican like The Coach... would you vote for Repub A, with monster scandals and risky spending, vs. Democrat B, with clean record and smart plan....

He'll pick the republican every time. 

The strategy was designed to make people defend their "team" by demonizing the entire Dem party.  Seriously, remember people here defending Larry Craig, who tried to fuck a guy in the mens room in an airport?  People here DEFENDED HIM! 

Because he's on their team.  They don't care about right/wrong or having people in office with moral standards.  They care about winning.  Because they've been trained to be that way.  And Rove brags about it :)

Are you fvcking kidding me? Who the hell defended that shitbag?  >:(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 06:09:10 AM »
Are you fvcking kidding me? Who the hell defended that shitbag?  >:(

a few people here did.  just like they defended Sen Vitter for the hooker.  Just like they defended alberto gonzalez for lying under oath and being caught for it.

they care more about 'their team' than right or wrong.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 07:47:57 AM »

I don't hate America or Americans.

I care because I have a great deal of love for America and Americans. Some of my closest friends are American, 95% of my family are American, and I have property interests on both coasts. I do not approve of what is taking place within her borders, and with the strong ties shared between our two countries, what happens in your country inevitably affects mine. Stupid decisions made south of our mutual border has ramifications on my life north of the border. When America gets the sniffles, ...the rest of the world comes down with the flu, ...and the policies of the past 8 years is equivalent to a selfish, myopic, little child running with scissors darting in & out of freeway traffic with explosives strapped to his waist, ...and without his sweater. tu capisci?
w

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 08:24:02 AM »
I don't hate America or Americans.

I care because I have a great deal of love for America and Americans. Some of my closest friends are American, 95% of my family are American, and I have property interests on both coasts. I do not approve of what is taking place within her borders, and with the strong ties shared between our two countries, what happens in your country inevitably affects mine. Stupid decisions made south of our mutual border has ramifications on my life north of the border. When America gets the sniffles, ...the rest of the world comes down with the flu, ...and the policies of the past 8 years is equivalent to a selfish, myopic, little child running with scissors darting in & out of freeway traffic with explosives strapped to his waist, ...and without his sweater. tu capisci?

I'm in love with you... I hope you are cute and near my age, 28?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 10:59:03 PM »
I'm in love with you... I hope you are cute and near my age, 28?

;D    :-[    :-X
w