Author Topic: What is the starngest pose ever asked of you in a prejudging....  (Read 4201 times)

Moosejay

....by the judging panel?

In a teenage show in or around 1980, my class was asked to perform a 'gooseneck' pose....I admit I had to look at the guys to either side of me to see what it was...no one else knew.

the HJ had to clarify and ask for a 'victory' pose...kindof like the one Yorton used to do...accentuates forearms.

Anyway...anyone else asked to do any off-the-board poses?

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: What is the starngest pose ever asked of you in a prejudging....
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 04:35:52 PM »

In a teenage show in or around 1980, my class was asked to perform a 'gooseneck' pose....I admit I had to look at the guys to either side of me to see what it was...no one else knew.

the HJ had to clarify and ask for a 'victory' pose...kindof like the one Yorton used to do...accentuates forearms.

The rear glutes was a strange one.  We were told to pull down our posing trunks and flex the glutes.

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 04:35:58 PM »

The snake pose!! also known as the "no one"
Spirit of Truth

Moosejay

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 04:36:56 PM »
The rope pose is another off the road one occasionally asked of entrants

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 04:37:08 PM »
The rear glutes was a strange one.  We were told to pull down our posing trunks and flex the glutes.
:-X
Spirit of Truth

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 05:15:42 PM »
Behind the back most muscular.....and it was asked in the posedown for the overall....WTF???

Moosejay

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 05:17:03 PM »
The rope pose is another off the road one occasionally asked of entrants

Originated by George Hackenschmidt....who also invented the 'Hack' squat apparatus (little history for y'all...)

Moosejay

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 05:18:22 PM »
Behind the back most muscular.....and it was asked in the posedown for the overall....WTF???

With both fists behind the hips, just above the glutes....kinda like a hands-on-hips MM? Very rare but have seen/done that if so...

The Coach

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 05:25:56 PM »
Years ago before they banned it, the judges would ask for a "moon" pose.....basically turn you back and bend over to show the hamstrings!!!!!

The worst is when a guy named CF Smith turned his back to the audiance pulled down his trunks and bent over during I think it was the 75' Mr. America, he used to train at Pearls with us....talk about a crazy MF'er!

Moosejay

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 05:28:32 PM »
Haha...I remember CF...he was an MD, right? Nutty guy...super ripped with a shitty diet despite the great shape he'd get in...

The late Stan Smith, top natural guy in CT for many years...was unhappy with his placing in the late 70's early 80's...so much so that he took his trophy, whipped it at the judges table, yanked his trunks down, turned his ass to the audience, slapped his ass and screamed , "Y'all can bite me!!!"...and stomped off.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 05:31:41 PM »
For the next Mr. Getbig, 2 of the required poses should be the snake pose and Vince Goodrum's "stealth" pose.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 05:32:38 PM »
this is gay
TEAM Nasser

Moosejay

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 05:33:32 PM »
For the next Mr. Getbig, 2 of the required poses should be the snake pose and Vince Goodrum's "stealth" pose.

What do those look like?

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 05:33:49 PM »
Years ago before they banned it, the judges would ask for a "moon" pose.....basically turn you back and bend over to show the hamstrings!!!!!

Jesus Christ, I never knew that pose was actually called for.  If this isn't proof that bodybuilding is 100% orchestrated by fag.gots then I don't know what is.

Moosejay

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 05:36:56 PM »
Well, actually, even before it was banned, I'd never seen it asked for in a prejudging. I do recall officials telling us not to do it in free routines

4thAD

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 05:52:49 PM »

You are ridiculous!

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 07:57:11 PM »
Haha...I remember CF...he was an MD, right? Nutty guy...super ripped with a shitty diet despite the great shape he'd get in...

The late Stan Smith, top natural guy in CT for many years...was unhappy with his placing in the late 70's early 80's...so much so that he took his trophy, whipped it at the judges table, yanked his trunks down, turned his ass to the audience, slapped his ass and screamed , "Y'all can bite me!!!"...and stomped off.
Wasn't CF's theory that you could eat anything you wanted...ice cream, hot dogs, pizza and as long as you kept your calories at 1,500 or lower you'd get cut?

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 08:07:49 PM »
The Crab Pose was another great call.It's just a shame the Fukin Judges never trained may have put competing in a better perspective for them.

The Coach

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 08:21:23 PM »
Chemist...its sounds like the same incedent with CF, are you sure you didn't mean CF?

Moosejay

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 08:22:37 PM »
Wasn't CF's theory that you could eat anything you wanted...ice cream, hot dogs, pizza and as long as you kept your calories at 1,500 or lower you'd get cut?

yeah...he avered something like that....recall reading an article where he was eating two burgers, fries, washed down with coke pre-show

The Coach

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2008, 08:22:51 PM »
And just to clarify, I'm pretty sure CF was from Tennesee...or somewhere in the south.

Moosejay

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2008, 08:30:03 PM »
Wonder if he still practices medicine...must be in his 60's now.

He was a contemporary of Clint Beyerle, a chiropractor with extreme vascularity...

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2008, 05:27:51 AM »

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008, 05:40:21 AM »
The snake pose!! also known as the "no one"

hahahahah, whos that "tamer". ::)