Author Topic: Why Not Blame Obama?  (Read 877 times)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Why Not Blame Obama?
« on: April 20, 2008, 08:32:47 PM »
It’s rather amusing watching the liberal media launch a full-scale attack on George Stephanopoulos and Charles Gibson, with General Tom Shales of the Washington Post leading the charge. ABC’s Stephanopoulos and Gibson had the audacity to ask Obama some tough questions during the Democratic debate Tuesday night. Challenge Obama with well-informed questions on tax policy and politics? Wound the media favorite? How dare they?

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=OTEwYWUxNjY0ZTJmNGY4NjAwYTM4NmJhNWMzZWYxNzc=

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Why Not Blame Obama?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 08:37:59 PM »
From the article:

But here’s the deal: During the debate, Obama bungled his answers on tax policy, big time. Period. End of sentence. End of story. To my liberal friends in the media, all I can say is: Get over it. Your guy has a very poor grasp of basic economic principles. 

First off, you don’t raise taxes during a recession. That’s a no-brainer. Second, doubling the capital-gains tax rate will affect Americans up and down the income ladder, not just rich hedge-fund managers. In addition, capital-gains tax cuts are self-financing, and they stimulate jobs and the economy. You want to raise budget revenues and spark economic growth? Cut the cap-gains tax rate. That’s what history shows.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 08:42:53 PM »
In fact, in America’s largest cities, a firefighter married to a school teacher can earn close to $200,000 filing jointly. So not only will each spouse separately pay more for Social Security and health care under Obama’s plan, together they’ll also be slammed by Obama’s cap-gains tax increase.

That part of the article nailed it perfectly. Welcome to the high cost of living on the east coast.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 08:52:28 PM »
Or most any big city.  There are also a lot of small business owners who would be considered "wealthy" by Obama. 

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.

War-Horse

• Getbig V

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 05:26:07 AM »
::)

http://pubdb3.census.gov/macro/032007/hhinc/new06_000.htm

Yeah, those statistics are really going to help the working middle class in states like New York, Maryland, Virginia, and New Jersey.

Let's face a very real fact here (all personal politics aside). Our tax system does not take into consideration regional cost of living expenses and this hurts people in high cost areas regardless of their political affiliation.

I have yet to hear a real solution from any of the talking heads running for POTUS on how to fix the economy or our screwed up and complicated tax code.

You'd think they just wanted to play it safe instead of proposing any bold ideas.  :-\