Author Topic: onlyme, why do I keep seeing Hawaii plates in San Diego?  (Read 1121 times)

Alex23

onlyme, why do I keep seeing Hawaii plates in San Diego?
« on: April 21, 2008, 03:26:35 PM »
Is there a secret trans ocean tunnel only 300lb+ hawaiian/samoans driving mid 90's SUV with an "Aloa" sticker know about?

Did you bring your own cars when you moved to the "mainland"?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: onlyme, why do I keep seeing Hawaii plates in San Diego?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 04:22:45 PM »
Not sure but a lot of the people who move here bring their cars.  I didn't cause I am buying a new one.  I think they only have like 30 days to get the plates changed.  It is about $800 or so to ship a car here.  No matter where they move they usually land in Long Beach or San Diego.  The ship them by freighter

Alex23

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 04:54:06 PM »
Not sure but a lot of the people who move here bring their cars.  I didn't cause I am buying a new one.  I think they only have like 30 days to get the plates changed.  It is about $800 or so to ship a car here.  No matter where they move they usually land in Long Beach or San Diego.  The ship them by freighter

800$ ain't too bad. Cost me $1500 to bring over some junk from back east.

You just killed my tunnel dreams.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 01:27:11 AM »

Cheapest to ship to San Diego is 975 via Horizon lines.  Matson is 1100.  I recently shipped a car from SD to Honolulu.  Cars go to LB, then are trucked in. 

FOXTROT-1

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 02:40:19 AM »
E N A N T H A T O R = alex23.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 04:36:53 AM »
Vroom Vroom!

$