Author Topic: Clinton on an Iran Attack: 'Obliterate Them'  (Read 1471 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Clinton on an Iran Attack: 'Obliterate Them'
« on: April 21, 2008, 08:55:23 PM »
Hillary talking tough. 

Clinton on an Iran Attack: 'Obliterate Them'

Clinton further displayed tough talk in an interview airing on "Good Morning America" Tuesday. ABC News' Chris Cuomo asked Clinton what she would do if Iran attacked Israel with nuclear weapons.

"I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president, we will attack Iran," Clinton said. "In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them."

. . .

http://www.abcnews.go.com/WN/Vote2008/story?id=4698059&page=1

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Clinton on an Iran Attack: 'Obliterate Them'
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 04:59:41 AM »
What did they expect her to say? That she wouldn't go to war with Iran if they attacked an ally of the United States?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 05:38:38 AM »
What did they expect her to say? That she wouldn't go to war with Iran if they attacked the 51st state of the United States?

fixed
carpe` vaginum!

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 05:43:30 AM »
fixed

LOL

I was just saying that to someone this morning.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 05:52:43 AM »
fixed

According to most Getbiggers, it's the other way around. We're an Israeli colony.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 06:06:12 AM »
Hard to say which one (51st state or US is a colony) is more accurate.

Clinton is a nitwit anyways. Almost any polititian wanting to get elected would say the same thing.

A better polititian (Bill Clinton) would have left the option of Israel doing it's own dirty work on the table and given us some bullshit about how the region needs stability. He'd give the american listerners credit for having the brains to realize we can't nuke Iran or afford to occupy them even with a draft. It's easy for her to talk tough but no one has the balls to ask her how 'obliterating them' would be executed, LOL!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 06:35:44 AM »
hillary is a little twat.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 07:28:33 AM »
If Israel is attacked by nuclear weapons...not only will Tehran go..but so will Syria and anybody else we deem an enemy nation. The gloves will come off and Obama nor Hil could do anything to really stop it. Seriousely, does anybody think diplomacy would be an option should Iran resort to nukes.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 07:33:26 AM »
If Israel is attacked by nuclear weapons...not only will Tehran go..but so will Syria and anybody else we deem an enemy nation. The gloves will come off and Obama nor Hil could do anything to really stop it. Seriousely, does anybody think diplomacy would be an option should Iran resort to nukes.

what a shitstorm that would be.

no way would iran do that - i mean, it'd be total suicide.  They'd be off the map in 15 minutes.

of course, the oil would stop flowing then.  I don't want to think about the shitstorm that would cause.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 07:40:57 AM »
I don't think for a minute they would....but then I'm assuming they are rational. The folks in the Middle East know that while its hard to sustain a MAD senario, like we had with the Sov's. The thing that keeps everybody in line is that should we be hit with nukes from either islamic terrorists, or Israel from the same/state...we will hit everybody we consider a threat. This is throught to be our current policy and is what is keeping guys like Bin Laden from using a WMD. It would work like the old system and takes thye current President out of the loop.
L

Bodvar

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 07:32:00 PM »
what a shitstorm that would be.

no way would iran do that - i mean, it'd be total suicide.  They'd be off the map in 15 minutes.

of course, the oil would stop flowing then.  I don't want to think about the shitstorm that would cause.

Your assuming Iranian leaders are rational.

Big mistake.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 07:32:42 PM »
Your assuming Iranian leaders are rational.

Big mistake.

I ignore rhetoric, as all countries do it and very little materialized.

They haven't attacked shit in 300 years.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 08:06:58 PM »
I wonder how well that will go over with the huge populations down wind of Iran?  China and India both in the path.  I'm sure they won't mind the fallout... not

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 08:29:45 PM »

Hillary cares about getting elected now, not about what she might have to do if, god forbid, she was actually President. 

She knows full well that there are Reagan democrats in NC who still like hearing tough talk...until the body bags start rolling into Ft Bragg and Camp LeJeune.

Bodvar

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 07:19:16 AM »
I ignore rhetoric, as all countries do it and very little materialized.

They haven't attacked shit in 300 years.

After World War II, most of us (I hope) have learned not to take people that threaten to wipe out jews lightly.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 07:34:31 AM »
After World War II, most of us (I hope) have learned not to take people that threaten to wipe out jews lightly.

no one is taking it lightly.

We have iran surrounded on both side with bases, UN all over them, and if they sneeze, they're nuked in about 3 seconds.

no one is taking it lightly.  I'm talking about some people who say we should pre-emptively destroy them because of what their #3 man (their version of Pelosi lol) might have said once.

a war with them would be hard.  population is 3 times bigger than Iraq, they're rich, and they know how to fight us now thanks to iraq example.  Many top generals have said we're stretched too thin to take them on, and the cost would hurt our economy.

I agree they'er a problem, and fcking with our money, I'd like to bomb them just for that!  But i thin ka big war there would be too much for us to handle.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 08:32:52 AM »

What we need to bomb is Capitol Hill.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 08:44:07 AM »
What we need to bomb is Capitol Hill.

sounds good to me.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 03:02:32 PM »
no one is taking it lightly.

We have iran surrounded on both side with bases, UN all over them, and if they sneeze, they're nuked in about 3 seconds.

no one is taking it lightly.  I'm talking about some people who say we should pre-emptively destroy them because of what their #3 man (their version of Pelosi lol) might have said once.

a war with them would be hard.  population is 3 times bigger than Iraq, they're rich, and they know how to fight us now thanks to iraq example.  Many top generals have said we're stretched too thin to take them on, and the cost would hurt our economy.

I agree they'er a problem, and fcking with our money, I'd like to bomb them just for that!  But i thin ka big war there would be too much for us to handle.

Fighting them..and occupying them are two different things.....its very hard for us or anybody,not committed to total war, to kill 4 assholes hding in a Mosque. Shitcanning an Iranian armored formation could take 10 minutes and several A-10's. Alot of u guys are fixed on the current state of warfare in Iraq. It won't be like that in Iran..until we occupy it and nobody is now or has ever advocated that.  The cost would kill everybodies economy and therefore not remotely worth it.

L