Author Topic: Anyone of you have a comercial webpage?  (Read 6793 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Anyone of you have a comercial webpage?
« on: April 22, 2008, 01:49:48 AM »
How did you do it?
Did you thought about the idea for a long time or did you just go for it?
Did you do a lot of planing or simply again went for it?
Did you invest a lot of cash or just minium expenses (server + domainname + some scripts)
Did you hire a designer or a coder or did everything by yourself?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Anyone of you have a comercial webpage?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 12:56:33 AM »
Speak english and you might get an answer douchbag Deutschbag!

;D
S

Alex23

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 01:32:18 AM »
Actually, Stark lives in Dublin, Ireland.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 04:23:49 AM »
Not even in the Business forum you guys can give me an honest and mature answer ::)

Alex23

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 09:24:31 AM »
Not even in the Business forum you guys can give me an honest and mature answer ::)

The problem is not the forum but the 'guy' asking the question.

Nobody takes a gimmick seriously.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 11:07:24 AM »
The problem is not the forum but the 'guy' asking the question.

Nobody takes a gimmick seriously.

Alex you know I'm not a gimmick ::) I'm actually disappointed in you I would have though better of you, ah well.

And: Tout le monde me prend graves ;) you need to learn not to suck up on people (especially Alex) 2 much

Alex23

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 07:19:09 PM »
Alex you know I'm not a gimmick ::) I'm actually disappointed in you I would have though better of you, ah well.

And: Tout le monde me prend graves ;) you need to learn not to suck up on people (especially Alex) 2 much

never posted a pics and never will = gimmick.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 12:32:10 AM »
never posted a pics and never will = gimmick.

So judging by what you have just posted... over 90% of getbiggers are gimmicks?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 07:02:27 PM »
By commercial Stark - do you mean like a site for an existing business or a website based business? I've had both, so can answer you [helpfully ;D] but did not quite get your query.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 02:07:19 AM »
By commercial Stark - do you mean like a site for an existing business or a website based business? I've had both, so can answer you [helpfully ;D] but did not quite get your query.

sorry, yes I meant a page that actually makes some money :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 06:26:26 AM »
startk posted a pic of his arm with tats, one time.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 12:32:20 AM »
startk posted a pic of his arm with tats, one time.

eh?

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 01:00:40 PM »
What happened to epogrom.com, Hans?

I had such high hopes for your gore site.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 12:42:53 AM »
What happened to epogrom.com, Hans?

I had such high hopes for your gore site.

never happed towel head :)

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 01:14:04 AM »
"Towel Head", Fritz?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 07:08:21 AM »
"Towel Head", Fritz?

or paki... it doesn't really matter either way you are a liability to this board ;)

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 07:13:08 AM »
What makes you think that I'm an ethnic, Columbo?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 07:18:04 AM »
What makes you think that I'm an ethnic, Columbo?

simply because you are stalking me from your Bangalore office cubical

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 12:16:42 AM »

Posting questions in the business forum here is stupid because it makes the assumption that people on these boards actually have real jobs.  From my experience here, it seems like most people posting here are either unemployed, students, minimum wage lackeys or bottom basement dwellers. 

HTH

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 10:06:22 PM »
How did you do it?
Did you thought about the idea for a long time or did you just go for it?
Did you do a lot of planing or simply again went for it?
Did you invest a lot of cash or just minium expenses (server + domainname + some scripts)
Did you hire a designer or a coder or did everything by yourself?

Hi Nico,

In answer to your question, I have had a number of "commercial webpages" over the years.
Some I created myself, while others were built for me. As for the ones I created, ...I wouldn't really say I put alot of planning into them. They started as a hobby simply a way of learning a new skill and evolved from there as my needs required. Didn't invest a lot of cash. as for my own pages that I created, I designed them myself etc., As for the other pages that have been built for me, they were designed and coded by the service provider.

My sites are slightly different from those of others in that they exist primarily to distribute information quickly.
Rather than repeat myself or type my message endlessly to people all over the world, they can click on a link to get the information at lightening fast speed. e-commerce capabilities are incorporated within my site(s) to facilitate transactions, not all of which are retail oriented, and seamlessly link through various websites across various platforms empowering my customers to create and administer their own retail accounts and log-in to them through any number of websites.

For a one time initial set-up fee of $59.95 and an annual renewal fee of $49.95, I get:

• multi-lingual customer support
  • complete site construction,
  • the hosting of the site,
  • the maintenance of the site,
  • updating of the site,
  • graphics, flash & streaming audios & videos
  • translation of the site into 38 different foreign languages (with more to come)
  • international merchant accounts for global credit card transactions
  • real-time tracking of sales (wholesale & retail) both international & domestic
  • product fulfillment & distribution to over 224 countries & territories throughout the world

At $49.95 annually, ...it's the cheapest secretary I'll ever have!
And with real time LIVE redundant off-shore back-up servers, she'll never take time off or ask for a vacation!  :D

It a remarkable package with some extremely powerful software capable of spanning the world in real-time.
Which is to be expected, since the one who created it also created, sold, and oversaw the installation of the computer hardware & software package that NASA uses to launch the space shuttle.

Having experienced both ends of the spectrum, I much prefer having someone else build me a site than build one for myself. Time spent maintaining your website could be put to more productive use like growing your business. Since experiencing the joys of having someone else create, develop, maintain & update the site for me, I've acquired a few e-commerce enabled sites that I'm really please with that incorporate flash & streaming video & audios, as well as incredible functionality to help me manage my day. There is even a time management system I can use. I can set up a calendar inside the system with important dates & times, ie: appts, and have the system text message my cell phone 15 minutes prior to the appt to remind me. This way if I'm out on the lake or at the beach or wherever having fun, I won't forget or miss an appt. I wouldn't want to do that, ...especially not with a large industrial client who requested I contact them back with a proposal. My larger industrial clients can even create their own instant quotes. I love it! Some sights are more focused on clients who want to save money on gas and improve their mileage, while others are more geared towards those who want to do their part to reduce pollution, and make a difference in the world helping our environment, while others still are more focused on those who simply want more information about our products. I even have websites geared entirely for the needs of large corporations and industrial clients.

While I have more, you can view just some of them for yourself at:

There are a number of good website developers here on GetBig... 240, and Garraeth are 2 you might want to consider. They're both more than capable of building you a site, and Garraeth has a great retail cart he has designed that might suit your purposes.

Hope That Helps.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »
Posting questions in the business forum here is stupid because it makes the assumption that people on these boards actually have real jobs.  From my experience here, it seems like most people posting here are either unemployed, students, minimum wage lackeys or bottom basement dwellers. 

HTH

Hmmm... let's see, ...unemployed, student, minimum wage lackey or bottom basement dweller, ...which one are you?

I don't fit into any one of those categories you mentioned above. I'm an entrepreneur who owns my own business.
I've owned my own businesses for years, but I've finally got one that empowers me to have the rewards of business ownership, without all the nightmares. I own an international business, doing high 6 figures in monthly sales, but most importantly, I've been able to do it right from the comfort of my own home. This has empowered me to not only have what I want in life, but to design and create the lifestyle of my choosing. I also help others to achieve what I have as well. We're in business for ourselves, ...but not by ourselves. It's great!  :)

w

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 12:07:13 PM »
When I started Caliber Fitness Solutions, my web pages were all completely done by me.  The site was functional but very old in design as I used the same HTML software that I learned on back in the mid-90's. 

After a few years, I was intending on having a professional design it but it was way too expensive.  But then I discovered professional web templates where all I had to do was put in graphics and text and that was it.  The one used on my site now at www.caliberfitness.com cost only $60.  The new one I'm working on is 49 dollars so its very economical.

As far as ecommerce is concerned, I originally used Store Creator 5.0 which was an all in one online store from a Malaysian designer for many years up until 2 years ago when I discovered Cubecart.  Its very advanced and allows me to add a great deal of products.  Its free to use as well and after I installed a specialized template, its very polished and nice to the eyes. 

If you have any other questions, let me know
A