Author Topic: Vince Basile, how many competitors were there at the 1970 Mr Canada  (Read 13010 times)

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Vince Basile, how many competitors were there at the 1970 Mr Canada
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2008, 11:22:32 PM »
Vince is a fraud.  He feigns concern for the drug abuse that has swamped Pro Bodybuilding, yet chooses to do nothing to bring about change!

Basile, continues to brag about his Mr. Canada victory. A victory i might add that was conceived from the use of steroids.

Everyone in the industry has distanced themselves from him.  He now spends his time showing up to funerals of people he has never met before!

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2008, 11:29:36 PM »
My understanding is that there were 3 contestants that night and Vince Basille beat them all.  Here is the lineup:
1. Vince B
2. Janitor who had nothing else to do until the show was over because he was in charge of taking down the paper letters on the curtain
3. 14 year old kid who fell asleep during the puppet show that took place 60 minutes before the 1970 Mr. Canada.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 03:28:03 AM »
Melvin must be sore at all the jibes I have posted about him. The Mr Canada in 1970 was held in British Columbia for the first time. Usually the contest is in Montreal or Toronto. I was lucky because only Philippe Alfani came from the eastern provinces. No one came from Ontario. So the title was a soft one but it was still the Mr Canada IFBB. Unlike many other countries such as Australia there is an overall winner and not many other organizations running the same title. So it means something to win it. Paul Dillett didn't win Mr Canada because he was disqualified for using drugs. That shows how hard it is to win the title.

In 1970 there was a Mr Pacific Northwest and anyone from the bordering states could compete but not many did and I won that, too. Sort of an international title but hardly significant because no one of note came from Alaska or Washington State.

There was a good lineup and Ken Rivard looked big and won best arms, chest, and back. He got 5 first place votes from the 13 judges. I got 8 votes so it was close. I won best legs and best poser. Walter Milner won best abs and most muscular. We called Walter "Cuts". He was a nice kid from Manitoba, I believe. He went on to win Mr Canada years later. John Mikl was the best junior and went on to become the stage star Thor after winning the Mr Canada title.

1. Vince Basile
2. Ken Rivard
3. Phillipe Alfani
4. Walter Milner
5. John Mikl

I think those are the placings. I will see if I can find some photos of the other lads. Rivard had the best upper body in the show by far. He was let down by very average legs. He hardly posed well and didn't even have a tan. I guess he thought the title was in the bag.

I competed in the Canadian Arm Wrestling championship that night and came second to my mate Big Jim Forsythe.

I was told by Dr Walzack that I could win the Mr Universe in 6 months if I used steroids and moved to Las Angeles. I never took up his offer.

I emigrated to Australia in Jan 71 to get a job and raise a family and have been here ever since.  I taught PE in high school for 10 years and also bought a gym in August 1971 that we have expanded and still own.

IronFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 03:54:16 AM »
Melvin must be sore at all the jibes I have posted about him. The Mr Canada in 1970 was held in British Columbia for the first time. Usually the contest is in Montreal or Toronto. I was lucky because only Philippe Alfani came from the eastern provinces. No one came from Ontario. So the title was a soft one but it was still the Mr Canada IFBB. Unlike many other countries such as Australia there is an overall winner and not many other organizations running the same title. So it means something to win it. Paul Dillett didn't win Mr Canada because he was disqualified for using drugs. That shows how hard it is to win the title.

In 1970 there was a Mr Pacific Northwest and anyone from the bordering states could compete but not many did and I won that, too. Sort of an international title but hardly significant because no one of note came from Alaska or Washington State.

There was a good lineup and Ken Rivard looked big and won best arms, chest, and back. He got 5 first place votes from the 13 judges. I got 8 votes so it was close. I won best legs and best poser. Walter Milner won best abs and most muscular. We called Walter "Cuts". He was a nice kid from Manitoba, I believe. He went on to win Mr Canada years later. John Mikl was the best junior and went on to become the stage star Thor after winning the Mr Canada title.

1. Vince Basile
2. Ken Rivard
3. Phillipe Alfani
4. Walter Milner
5. John Mikl

I think those are the placings. I will see if I can find some photos of the other lads. Rivard had the best upper body in the show by far. He was let down by very average legs. He hardly posed well and didn't even have a tan. I guess he thought the title was in the bag.

I competed in the Canadian Arm Wrestling championship that night and came second to my mate Big Jim Forsythe.

I was told by Dr Walzack that I could win the Mr Universe in 6 months if I used steroids and moved to Las Angeles. I never took up his offer.

I emigrated to Australia in Jan 71 to get a job and raise a family and have been here ever since.  I taught PE in high school for 10 years and also bought a gym in August 1971 that we have expanded and still own.

Do you miss BC?  I was on Vancouver Island 2 years ago, and it seemed like the most beautiful place in the world to live.  Went east in BC as far as Vernon.  Beautiful scenery.  Didn't quite get to Kelowna or the Canadian Rockies.  How does Down Under compare to BC scenery-wise, cost of living, etc.?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 06:41:54 AM »
give it a rest Goatfuck, we all know what you think about Bob and his win.....move on you whiny bitch

Thank you for your input.   I believe I'll be ignoring it.   Hope this helps!  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2008, 06:44:01 AM »
You wouldn't know...you've never had the balls to get on stage....at least Basile has.

Well, considering shaving body hair, oiling up your body, putting on a thong, and prancing around on a stage are all pretty feminine things to do, perhaps lack of balls is what's required to participate in your "sport", Bob.  ::)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2008, 06:49:06 AM »

1. Vince Basile
2. Ken Rivard
3. Phillipe Alfani
4. Walter Milner
5. John Mikl

Vince, please don't tell me there were only 5 people in the show??

A

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2008, 07:46:05 AM »
Vince, John Mikl, the bodybuilder who placed 5th in that 1970 contest - do you recall if John was the same guy who had a rock band that played gigs in Las Vegas back around that time. He was pretty popular as "Thor - The God of Thunder" and one hell of a great and very funny guy.

He's the same person I mentioned in an earlier post about blowing up that "too thick" hot water bottle.

He also did some major film work with some major Hollywood actors up in Canada.

Any idea what he may be doing now?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2008, 07:56:56 AM »
You wouldn't know...you've never had the balls to get on stage....at least Basile has.
Save this post and frame it, Bob Chic gives a pseudo compliment to Vince Basille, the earth may stop spinning as a result :o

E N A N T H A T O R

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2008, 08:02:09 AM »
Save this post and frame it, Bob Chic gives a pseudo compliment to Vince Basille, the earth may stop spinning as a result :o
schließen Sie den versaue Kinderbelästiger! >:(

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2008, 08:02:42 AM »

Basile approved:

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2008, 08:03:37 AM »

Vince, please don't tell me there were only 5 people in the show??

Shut your fuck hole Vince.  You were the one making the big ass stink when people busted your balls about getting SECOND when there were only TWO people in your class.  Even if Vince was the only person in the class, its fairly obvious that you will NEVER reach his condition.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2008, 08:06:55 AM »
Hey, Stunt, Google to the rescue.

http://www.thorcentral.com/

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2008, 08:59:38 AM »
Shut your fuck hole Vince.  You were the one making the big ass stink when people busted your balls about getting SECOND when there were only TWO people in your class.  Even if Vince was the only person in the class, its fairly obvious that you will NEVER reach his condition.

I've gone beyond that physique.  Next show I do, I'll most likely win.  Third times the charm and I'll be unleashing the nastiest vacuum pose ever on the planet.
A

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2008, 09:00:11 AM »

Well, considering shaving body hair, oiling up your body, putting on a thong, and prancing around on a stage are all pretty feminine things to do, perhaps lack of balls is what's required to participate in your "sport", Bob.  ::)

Yet, here you are on a bodybuilding site discussing all of those things on a dailty basis.....over and over and over

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2008, 09:01:26 AM »

I've gone beyond that physique.  Next show I do, I'll most likely win.  Third times the charm and I'll be unleashing the nastiest vacuum pose ever on the planet.
;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2008, 09:08:25 AM »
Melvin never disappoints us!

Here he is with 'Munzer' conditioning.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2008, 09:11:47 AM »
"I'll be unleashing the nastiest vacuum pose ever on the planet."

Buzz363

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2008, 09:30:31 AM »
Vince, John Mikl, the bodybuilder who placed 5th in that 1970 contest - do you recall if John was the same guy who had a rock band that played gigs in Las Vegas back around that time. He was pretty popular as "Thor - The God of Thunder" and one hell of a great and very funny guy.

He's the same person I mentioned in an earlier post about blowing up that "too thick" hot water bottle.

He also did some major film work with some major Hollywood actors up in Canada.

Any idea what he may be doing now?

The Vancouver Sun yesterday published a story about John Mikl reproducing Vancouver Millionaires hockey jerseys.(The jersey worn by the 1915 Stanley Cup winning team ). I wouldn't have recognized him as Thor in the photo , but I suppose he's close to 60 now. Still lives in the area.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2008, 09:34:33 AM »
Yet, here you are on a bodybuilding site discussing all of those things on a dailty basis.....over and over and over

yes, this is truly baffling. why some people hold bodybuilders in such contempt, yet view this site and post negative comments all day long! ??? ???

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2008, 09:44:57 AM »
"I'll be unleashing the nastiest vacuum pose ever on the planet."

Why the hell are you shooting these slow mo pictures for while I'm in between hitting a pose for????
A

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2008, 11:51:46 AM »

hahahahahaahahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You haven't even come close to Vince's physique ever.  The only way you will ever win a show is if yo find one where you are the only competitor.  No way ever will you ever win a contest.  Not even if your family puts on the Mr. Goodrum Contest.  You would still lose.  And why would you show everyone the same vaccum you and Queer Vissy play with

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2008, 12:30:58 PM »

I believe you. It will be quite nasty.

CD

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2008, 12:50:38 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

OMG HAVE MERCY VINCE ZOMG HAHAHAHAAAAA
from incomplete data

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2008, 12:52:11 PM »

Well, the only part you got right is that you will SUCK.

Get real douche bag....you will NEVER...and I will repeat, NEVER come into a show looking any other way than you have looked before.  Face it melvin, you dont have what it takes.