Author Topic: How much of Nasser's interview comments were truth?  (Read 2580 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
How much of Nasser's interview comments were truth?
« on: April 24, 2008, 01:38:28 AM »
My guess is that the interviews started off pretty well 100% truth, and once he realized how much of a kick getbig got out of the interviews, he started to exaggerate things for entertainment value.

Dave Palumbo really doesn't strike me as the major recreational drug addicts.  He is one of the very few top amateurs/pro bodybuilders who I would say is actually extremely smart and off the top of my head, I wouldn't be able to count 10 who I would classify as such.  Although that is in part because it's 4:40AM right now and I am going to bed.  Justin Harris is an obvious exception as he is brilliant, and there are a few others, but anyway, my point is that drug addicts don't usually articulate themselves as well as Dave does and if he does have an addiction he hides it very well.

The validity of Nasser's comments - discuss.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: How much of Nasser's interview comments were truth?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 01:43:14 AM »
My guess is that the interviews started off pretty well 100% truth, and once he realized how much of a kick getbig got out of the interviews, he started to exaggerate things for entertainment value.

Dave Palumbo really doesn't strike me as the major recreational drug addicts.  He is one of the very few top amateurs/pro bodybuilders who I would say is actually extremely smart and off the top of my head, I wouldn't be able to count 10 who I would classify as such.  Justin Harris is an obvious exception as he is brilliant, and there are a few others, but anyway, my point is that drug addicts don't usually articulate themselves that way and if he does have an addiction he hides it very well.

I agree.

The 1st interview was probably pretty accurate and truthful, but after that he just realised he got a good reaction so just kept making shit up.

And i dont believe that Dave Palumbo is a rec drug user at all. The guy really is smart. Knows a shit load about nutrition and did 3 years of a medical degree. I don't believe it...
No doubt about it...

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 01:50:03 AM »
I agree.

The 1st interview was probably pretty accurate and truthful, but after that he just realised he got a good reaction so just kept making shit up.

And i dont believe that Dave Palumbo is a rec drug user at all. The guy really is smart. Knows a shit load about nutrition and did 3 years of a medical degree. I don't believe it...

I agree with that reasoning for Dave.  Also, I find that smart people tend not to get recreational drug problems as frequently and I am pretty sure that can be proven statistically.  The reason is because they have a brain which gives them vast options the addicts need to create through addiction.  Dave is a very knowledgeable man and seems to be doing what he likes, so why would he need to resort to a drug addiction?  I can however refute this by saying that anyone addicted to one class of drugs (bodybuilding drugs) may also be prone to addiction to other drugs, and to other things in general.  That said, I am still not convinced that Dave is the addict Nasser painted him to be.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 01:57:52 AM »
I agree with that reasoning for Dave.  Also, I find that smart people tend not to get recreational drug problems as frequently and I am pretty sure that can be proven statistically.  The reason is because they have a brain which gives them vast options the addicts need to create through addiction.  Dave is a very knowledgeable man and seems to be doing what he likes, so why would he need to resort to a drug addiction?  I can however refute this by saying that anyone addicted to one class of drugs (bodybuilding drugs) may also be prone to addiction to other drugs, and to other things in general.  That said, I am still not convinced that Dave is the addict Nasser painted him to be.

I laugh when i hear people always say that tonnes of pros use rec drugs and that "you use roids, why wouldn't you use others..."

Obviously there are examples of pros who have(though take note that many developed substance abuse problems AFTER retirement and competition), but Dave comes across as the type of guy who genuinely enjoys the bb'ing lifestyle and is very into nutrition and health. Look i could be wrong... but Dave just doesnt come across as a party animal, rec drug user. I certainly hope he doesnt anyway...
No doubt about it...

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 02:03:35 AM »
As if being 'smart' (what you guys think of as smart anyway) is some kind of impediment to taking rec drugs.

I was at university with some extremely 'smart' people and we took everything possible.
O

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 02:04:57 AM »
Nasscar El Sodomy is an attention whore......and when he spews his shit, he gets the attention he craves.
HAHA, RON.....

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 02:06:32 AM »
Never place any value on comments made by a guy who sells his soiled underwear!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 02:08:37 AM »
As if being 'smart' (what you guys think of as smart anyway) is some kind of impediment to taking rec drugs.

I was at university with some extremely 'smart' people and we took everything possible.

True, but then again there are many smart people out there who are smart enough not to get involved with rec drugs. You weren't obviously, maybe Dave was...
No doubt about it...

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 02:13:17 AM »
True, but then again there are many smart people out there who are smart enough not to get involved with rec drugs. You weren't obviously, maybe Dave was...

Most students go through a stage of trying a few rec drugs. Bodybuilders spend their career taking all manner of stuff - often injecting 'painkillers' that lead to all sorts of substances.

I see nothing to indicate that Dave Palumbo doesn't/didn't take a shitload of everything going. I see plenty to indicate that he did.

Nasser isn't the first to make comments about his drug use. I notice the denials and lawsuit weren't exactly forthcoming.
O

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 02:22:23 AM »
I can just see these nose holes hoovering up the contents of the coke bowl

O

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 02:24:48 AM »
Dave Palumbo really doesn't strike me as the major recreational drug addicts.  He is one of the very few top amateurs/pro bodybuilders who I would say is actually extremely smart and off the top of my head, I wouldn't be able to count 10 who I would classify as such.  Although that is in part because it's 4:40AM right now and I am going to bed.  Justin Harris is an obvious exception as he is brilliant, and there are a few others, but anyway, my point is that drug addicts don't usually articulate themselves as well as Dave does and if he does have an addiction he hides it very well.

Palumbo has written instructions on how to get off Nubain as painlessly as possible. Palumbo has described the emotions once you are clean and experience the world without the drug filter. Palumbo has talked about how his supplement sort of feels like GHB in a way.

I say it's pretty clear he has personal experience with these things. No idea whether he is using anything recreational these days.

Drug addicts not articulating themselves well? Where'd you get that? The stuff Duchaine wrote was exceptionally well written IMO. Did you hear the latest No Bull show? Dude was a major junkie. When he first met Zumpano he was on 17 different drugs LOL.

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 02:34:07 AM »
everything nasser said is the truth. firstly, he doesnt do slander and vicious lies and secondly none of them come back at him with 'you lied'

he is the wizard of truth.

Palumbo is one of the biggest drug men in the sport.

Sumpa

• Getbig III
  • GetHUGE!
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 03:09:49 AM »
I think most of it is true, especially regarding the rec drug abuse of various people. The comments about Kovacs make me sceptical, though.
Team Nasser!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 11:59:23 AM »
Palumbo has written instructions on how to get off Nubain as painlessly as possible. Palumbo has described the emotions once you are clean and experience the world without the drug filter. Palumbo has talked about how his supplement sort of feels like GHB in a way.

I say it's pretty clear he has personal experience with these things. No idea whether he is using anything recreational these days.

Drug addicts not articulating themselves well? Where'd you get that? The stuff Duchaine wrote was exceptionally well written IMO. Did you hear the latest No Bull show? Dude was a major junkie. When he first met Zumpano he was on 17 different drugs LOL.

I speak for averages.  Mike Mentzer was extremely articulate in his GMV DVD:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/mikeandraymentzerinthegymdvd.html

Perhaps everything Nasser said was true.  I will default to my alternative hypothesis that Nasser said or says certain things with particular emphasis on drama for effect.  You can't deny the interviews were quite enjoyable and entertaining.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 12:03:21 PM »
all junkies.
A

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 12:03:39 PM »
What a load of crap!
Palumbo loves to party!!........................(have you ever been to a bodybuilding show Matt or an "after-party" ?!?!?!?!?)

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 12:15:41 PM »
What a load of crap!
Palumbo loves to party!!........................(have you ever been to a bodybuilding show Matt or an "after-party" ?!?!?!?!?)

Are you saying that in Dave's lifetime, he did a line of cocaine?  I thought it was illegal in the USA?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 12:18:37 PM »
Are you saying that in Dave's lifetime, he did a line of cocaine?  I thought it was illegal in the USA?
"Don't get all ghetto on me"

Matt your in canada with Matt T ........................ ...Dave P is going to every show/after party he can find

HTH

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 12:24:56 PM »
"Don't get all ghetto on me"

Matt your in canada with Matt T ........................ ...Dave P is going to every show/after party he can find

HTH

How is it possible for someone to do cocaine in the USA though?  I thought it was illegal?  It isn't possible to consume a commodity that is illegal is it?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 12:33:08 PM »
What a load of crap!

He was too superior to enter, he feels that its only OK to drool and jerk off over bodybuilders that aren't KKK members but not party with them.

I'm shocked that the dwarf didn't said Nasser was a retard due to him not having an Anglo Saxon name.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 12:34:36 PM »

He was too superior to enter, he feels that its only OK to drool and jerk off over bodybuilders that aren't KKK members but not party with them.

I'm shocked that the dwarf didn't said Nasser was a retard due to him not having an Anglo Saxon name.

Matt C is a racist?!?!??!?

TroubleReady39

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 12:35:01 PM »
Note that a black person with a 100 IQ and a white person with a 100 IQ still do not have the exact same type of intelligence.

that's some racist bullshit right there, matt.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 12:44:12 PM »
Matt C is a racist?!?!??!?

I truly hope you are joking.

He isn't a racist he only:

Visit and quote neo-nazi site daily.
Thinks that Jewish people control the world and should be killed.
Admit that there are smart people that aren't the "superior race" but their IQ is diffrent so they aren't really smart.

I can go on....do you want some links to those gems of wisdom?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 12:46:30 PM »
I truly hope you are joking.

He isn't a racist he only:

Visit and quote neo-nazi site daily.
Thinks that Jewish people control the world and should be killed.
Admit that there are smart people that aren't the "superior race" but their IQ is diffrent so they aren't really smart.

I can go on....do you want some links to those gems of wisdom?

I do actually................ ..all Get-Big kidding aside
being Racist ...................truly being a racist......is beyond fucked up

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 12:58:23 PM »
I do actually................ ..all Get-Big kidding aside
being Racist ...................truly being a racist......is beyond fucked up

Living in a shit hole and having shitty life often transform weak minded people into garbage.
It pretty funny that to see how he is trying to make himself think he is so great and better than everyone just so he wont actually look at his life and see how shitty they actually are.

I guess thats why we are here...to make him remember that he is nothing than a tiny piece of shit.