Author Topic: More Kool Photos...  (Read 20774 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: More Kool Photos...
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2008, 12:14:13 PM »
Great pics!

Moosejay

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2008, 12:59:37 PM »
Great pics!!!

(you didn't do any "posing" for Gruskin i hope!)

Thanks Mike...

And...

HELLLL Noooo....no posing for Bob...aside from his 'predelections', we always got along well and he helped me out immensely over the years

Moosejay

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 01:00:34 PM »
Great pics!

Thanks Bruce...more really kool ones to come...lotsa Zane and iron age amateurs and others

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2008, 01:02:27 PM »
Thanks Mike...

And...

HELLLL Noooo....no posing for Bob...aside from his 'predelections', we always got along well and he helped me out immensely over the years

ok  lol..................... ...cool

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2008, 01:09:35 PM »
Moosejay, being from Connecticut and all, did you ever know of a boybuilder named Teddy Forbes? He was a cop in West Haven at that time (80's).

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2008, 01:10:42 PM »
BOB GRUSKIN KNEW HIS STUFF.all his bbers had tremendous legs,kutchuryak,terra,miller,harrop,dufrense,king,deangelis,ect all aau,nabba gyus were great shape and ripped.

Moosejay

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2008, 01:11:20 PM »
Of Course.

Although he was more known for his powerlifting prowess...am unsure of bb exploits of Ted,

Mike

Moosejay

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2008, 01:12:47 PM »
BOB GRUSKIN KNEW HIS STUFF.all his bbers had tremendous legs,kutchuryak,terra,miller,harrop,dufrense,king,deangelis,ect all aau,nabba gyus were great shape and ripped.

Indeed he did...still aroun d...he was photographing Demilia's NOC last Summer with Alex Abay....knew all those bb's ...too

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2008, 01:17:14 PM »
Of Course.

Although he was more known for his powerlifting prowess...am unsure of bb exploits of Ted,

Mike

Well, I was in my infancy back then. Do you still keep in touch with him? He was a good friend of my father.

Moosejay

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2008, 02:13:18 PM »
No...I didn't know him well....ironically, someone just asked me of him recently

Moosejay

« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2008, 03:50:30 PM »
Was Ted a cop? I actually yjought firefighter...

Moosejay

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2008, 05:07:51 PM »
1)Robby and Russ, after guest posing
2) I had paintings commissioned by noted artist, David Cain, presented as gifts to Robby and Russ for their inspiration to me and others, and for their contributions to the sport...Said Russ..."Mike Dusa should run for Governor..." countered Robby..."No...for President..."... :) ;D :)
3) Joking with the guys on stage-it was surreal for me
4) Robby being very kind and feigning being impressed by my bideps offering

Many don't know that Arnold hired Russ to guest pose at the Olympia from about 1981 to the mid to late 80's....only man to guest pose next to the best in the world at that time....he gave such a performance at the 1981 Nat A (Same one me and Chick were in -teen div) that Arnold heard about it...brought Russ out to Columbus to audition, and the rest ius history.

He still flies Russ to the Arnold Classic each year...

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2008, 05:40:39 PM »
Awesome collection MJ thanks for sharing  8)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2008, 05:42:33 PM »
Many don't know that Arnold hired Russ to guest pose at the Olympia from about 1981 to the mid to late 80's....only man to guest pose next to the best in the world at that time....he gave such a performance at the 1981 Nat A (Same one me and Chick were in -teen div) that Arnold heard about it...brought Russ out to Columbus to audition, and the rest ius history.

He still flies Russ to the Arnold Classic each year...

speaking of which...where are our shots from the show??

Moosejay

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2008, 05:43:15 PM »
Awesome collection MJ thanks for sharing  8)

Thanks Will mkore to come or Chick will have me for dinner!

Moosejay

« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2008, 05:44:46 PM »
speaking of which...where are our shots from the show??

Chick...do you recall Russ' routine and the standing O he got?

The pics from that show...well....amazingly enough...THEY will have to be dug out of my parent's attick this wekend. Since I am not at the office due to surgery and have time...I will do my level best to uncover them this weekend.

Mike

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2008, 05:46:46 PM »
Chick...do you recall Russ' routine and the standing O he got?

The pics from that show...well....amazingly enough...THEY will have to be dug out of my parent's attick this wekend. Since I am not at the office due to surgery and have time...I will do my level best to uncover them this weekend.

Mike

I sure do...he was the first guy  ever saw doing the "robot" style routines. I remember him from competing as well, actually , he was pretty good...

Moosejay

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2008, 06:00:39 PM »
Yeah...he never went in many shows. Still lives in Troy, NY. He did my posing routine for me when I did Master's Nationals a few years back.

Still looks hard as a rock...he always said he'd compete again if bb got in the Olympics.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2008, 07:53:20 PM »
Great pictures. Thanks for more great posts!

Moosejay

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2008, 08:27:59 PM »
My pleasure and honor chem...will do more over the weekend!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2008, 11:13:51 PM »
10 Me and Aaron Baker...Gold's Venice, 1998...did one of the fastest workouts ever with him and Robby...they didn't tarin that heavy that day...I could ALMOST keep up!
cute couple ;)
A

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2008, 11:27:42 PM »
Moosejay, awesome photos man!! Pretty funny story about you leaving that girls apartment.  ;D  Do you happen to know a guy by the name Pete LaRue? He is from CT., The town escapes me at the moment.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2008, 03:18:38 AM »
Mike do remember or did you ever compete against Marty Henderson or Pat Hayes,Ray Wilson,Bill Filiault,and Eddie Jackson...............al l guys from Central City Gym in Springfield?

Also,IronWorks Gym in Enfield Ct.,Hartford Barbell Studio run by Bob Colli,Paul Santos,Neil Hastey,and a kid named Chris Taylor (teen) from Hamden Mass.

Moosejay

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2008, 05:37:03 AM »
Moosejay, awesome photos man!! Pretty funny story about you leaving that girls apartment.  ;D  Do you happen to know a guy by the name Pete LaRue? He is from CT., The town escapes me at the moment.

Of course, I know Pete. I will post photos of the East Coast show we did together...he won Tall lcass I was in  in 1988...he ultimately won the AAU America...huge shoulders...

Moosejay

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2008, 05:40:50 AM »
Mike do remember or did you ever compete against Marty Henderson or Pat Hayes,Ray Wilson,Bill Filiault,and Eddie Jackson...............al l guys from Central City Gym in Springfield?

Also,IronWorks Gym in Enfield Ct.,Hartford Barbell Studio run by Bob Colli,Paul Santos,Neil Hastey,and a kid named Chris Taylor (teen) from Hamden Mass.

Hey Tim.

Yes...Ray Wlson used to Train at Zak's gym in Hartford...never competed with him, though.

Pat Hayes...well, the first show I went in...the 1980 Teen Northeastern America...Pat was in the men's class...put it this way...we were in neighboring urinals and I think I saw him piss blood...he said, "Kid...its all part of the game..." or something like that...but it was actually from a back injury he sustained

Some of the names from the enfield crew stimulate my memory...but I was always with Katz down in New Haven area