Author Topic: Recent PR's  (Read 17838 times)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Recent PR's
« on: April 24, 2008, 10:00:15 AM »
I dont keep a training log online but I would like to record some PR's. Some are all time PR's for me and some are getting my old strength back. I lost a step or two over the winter but Im coming back!

4/23/08 - Standing OHP 2x5x275; 1x4x295 & Upright Rows 1x6x185; 1x4x225
4/21/08 - Completely RAW Squats 2x5x425 <<<Not my best ever but Im coming back.
4/18/08 - Strict Wide Pulldowns 2x6x275 & Hypers 1x4x5 plates
4/17/08 - Incline Press 2x4x285
Couple weeks back - JM Presses 1x6x315

Now they're up and I HAVE TO beat them! I'll keep posting them as they come.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Recent PR's
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 10:12:17 AM »
damn man!

busting that ass lately?! HAHA!

can't wait til your next comp man.. tha'ts going to be sick1

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 11:53:53 AM »
Thanks bro! I HAVE been busting my ass.

I will destroy the competition.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 12:38:56 PM »
you upright row 225 and then only squat 200 pounds more for the same reps?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 12:43:44 PM »
you upright row 225 and then only squat 200 pounds more for the same reps?

back problems.. bro can frontsquat and zercher well but regular squats hurt him.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 12:49:58 PM »
Like I said, some of my numbers are coming back up. I used Westside for a long time and while my box squat went up, my full squat suffered without me knowing. I thought everything was going great based on what I have read (if your box squat is high then your full squat should be even higher). When I got back to regular squats, I had nothing! I could still hit a 585 DL but my squat was just weak as hell. I could front squat more than I could back squat?!

I will get it back where it needs to be and hopefully everything else follows. And yes, my upper body has always been my strong point.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 12:50:30 PM »
back problems.. bro can frontsquat and zercher well but regular squats hurt him.

Now they do! >:(

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 12:50:55 PM »
man 225 is a hell of an upright row, what style do you do?

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 12:54:51 PM »
man 225 is a hell of an upright row, what style do you do?

Style? Only one style I know of but I use a grip just inside shoulder width. They arent the most strict upright rows you've ever seen but they arent power cleans either! ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 01:23:20 PM »
Style? Only one style I know of but I use a grip just inside shoulder width. They arent the most strict upright rows you've ever seen but they arent power cleans either! ;D
like i said hell of a lot of weight, good stuff.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 03:58:23 PM »
Like I said, some of my numbers are coming back up. I used Westside for a long time and while my box squat went up, my full squat suffered without me knowing. I thought everything was going great based on what I have read (if your box squat is high then your full squat should be even higher). When I got back to regular squats, I had nothing! I could still hit a 585 DL but my squat was just weak as hell. I could front squat more than I could back squat?!

I will get it back where it needs to be and hopefully everything else follows. And yes, my upper body has always been my strong point.

No offence to Westside, but I personally think they're way off on the box squat routine.

That whole thing is creating a powerlifting community that have shit for legs and are dead as soon as they come close to parallell.

As I stated, no offence to Westside and Louie S, as his ideas on mixing dynamic training with the usual heavy training makes lots of sense.

But the amount of partial squatting to boxes is killing the ability to squat to full depth.

Look at the best squatters in the world - the Olympic Weightlifters. They always hit way below parallell.

That's how I gather you should train for muscular strength.

You can always train competition style squats closer to meets.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. 8)

JMO.
As empty as paradise

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 05:22:26 PM »
No offence to Westside, but I personally think they're way off on the box squat routine.

That whole thing is creating a powerlifting community that have shit for legs and are dead as soon as they come close to parallell.

As I stated, no offence to Westside and Louie S, as his ideas on mixing dynamic training with the usual heavy training makes lots of sense.

But the amount of partial squatting to boxes is killing the ability to squat to full depth.

Look at the best squatters in the world - the Olympic Weightlifters. They always hit way below parallell.

JMO.

Hijack away! ;D

No offense taken! I completely agree. I was almost always box squatting below paralell (10-11" box). Still it didnt do much good.

I will still use the box squat as a variation for my training but using it exclusively is just not for me.

The way I could really tell what was happening was when the tires I flip suddenly seemed a lot heavier.

Another lesson learned the hard way.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 08:07:21 PM »
Hijack away! ;D

No offense taken! I completely agree. I was almost always box squatting below paralell (10-11" box). Still it didnt do much good.

I will still use the box squat as a variation for my training but using it exclusively is just not for me.

The way I could really tell what was happening was when the tires I flip suddenly seemed a lot heavier.

Another lesson learned the hard way.

How much do the tires weigh?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 08:14:26 PM »
How much do the tires weigh?

600-800lbs.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »

JMO.

Hedge,
I dont think this is really the place to bash westside.  Ive got some questions for you however...describe shit for legs?  You mean no huge quads?  Also, a box at the proper height is approximately one inch BELOW parallel.  You can hardly call a bastardized high box squat a legit WSB box squat.  Also, why would you not train as you compete?  I do competition style squats every week.

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 07:53:05 PM »
4/25/08 - Flat Bench 1xmore than 20x225  ;)
4/28/08 - Squats 2x5x435 <<< Felt nice and easy even after a ridiculous day of labor. :P
              Single leg curls 2x6x270

Had some trouble with front squats today. Havent done them in a while and I couldnt keep the bar on my shoulders. Only went to 365 because it kept hitting me in the throat when I would push my elbows up but if I didnt it would have dumped off. Guess I will have to invest in a harness now?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 08:17:29 PM »
615lb squat stance good morning!

and i'm looking into one of those harnesses myself lift HAHA

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 08:26:44 PM »
615lb squat stance good morning!

and i'm looking into one of those harnesses myself lift HAHA

Thats something worthy of video. Get one!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 10:52:57 PM »
4/30/08 - Barbell Rows 2x6x315 <<<Not an all time PR. Very strict form.

Attempted to do some deads today but its become painfully apparent that my anterior pelvic tilt (lordosis) is getting worse. I have started with some "core" exercises and stretching and already feel MUCH better. 

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 06:50:30 PM »
4/25/08 - Flat Bench 1xmore than 20x225  ;)
4/28/08 - Squats 2x5x435 <<< Felt nice and easy even after a ridiculous day of labor. :P
              Single leg curls 2x6x270

Had some trouble with front squats today. Havent done them in a while and I couldnt keep the bar on my shoulders. Only went to 365 because it kept hitting me in the throat when I would push my elbows up but if I didnt it would have dumped off. Guess I will have to invest in a harness now?

Find a welder to build it, dont buy it.  we paid 275 IIRc and our welder said he could do them for about 60 bucks each...our cost.

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 07:19:39 PM »
Find a welder to build it, dont buy it.  we paid 275 IIRc and our welder said he could do them for about 60 bucks each...our cost.

Jason

I am a welder. ;)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 11:58:02 PM »
you gotta explain how you do them standing overhead presses. hand width, foot placement, etc. it's the most awkward lift in the world to me and i think that's why i can't push shit on it.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 09:45:09 PM »
5/5/08 - Squats 1x1x525 <<<Smoked this shit like it wasnt even there! Ass to calves, baby! Didnt have anymore weight in the garage, damnit! I could have hit at least 550lbs tonight. >:( (belt, knee wraps, and death metal)

Also tried to pick up a new 330lb stone with no tacky, haha! Got maybe a half inch off the ground and it ripped my forearms up as it slid down. Love to see the blood after heavy stones! ;D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 10:52:57 PM »
hey, what's with them knee wraps? that ain't RAWWWWWWW!!!  >:(

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 07:07:06 AM »
hey, what's with them knee wraps? that ain't RAWWWWWWW!!!  >:(

Its RAWWWWWWW enough. ;D My knees were screaming so I used them on everything after 400 or so. Really if I just would have used my knee sleeves from the beginning, I would have been okay.

Sorry to let you down, mighty magoo. :-[