Author Topic: Dave Jacobs' steroid distribution ring was one of the largest in U.S.  (Read 8125 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Dave Jacobs' steroid distribution ring was one of the largest in U.S.
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 08:05:56 AM »
im more interesting in the part where he went from 175 pounds at age 30, to 275 pounds and fucking fitness girls at age 35.

that's pretty good!
Z

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 08:07:15 AM »
im more interesting in the part where he went from 175 pounds at age 30, to 275 pounds and fucking fitness girls at age 35.

that's pretty good!
maybe he can show you how to go from 125 to 150 "bluto".

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 08:09:24 AM »
maybe he can show you how to go from 125 to 150 "bluto".

ive narrowed it down to two things i can do:

1. take steroids
2. copy your eating habits

:-\
Z

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 08:10:54 AM »
ive narrowed it down to two things i can do:

1. take steroids
2. copy your eating habits

:-\
you wouldn't be able to follow my diet, i eat food not penis like you're used to.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 08:13:51 AM »

That is a pretty good advancement.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 08:17:29 AM »
its been fun guys but 5 minutes on getbig is all i can spend today
sun is shining outside

later
Z

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2008, 08:18:56 AM »
its been fun guys but 5 minutes on getbig is all i can spend today
sun is shining outside

later
translation=there's a lot of dicks out there for you to suck and they ain't gonna suck themselves.

BigBack

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2008, 08:58:31 AM »

Personally, I htink he had to give up SOMETHING.  You don't get caught with what he got caught with, just plead guilty, and get probation.  Sorry!  Not buying it.

Honestly, thisw whole situation is pretty plaid out.  Every article about it pretty much says the exact same thing.  We all know what he was doing,a nd that he got caught.  Why they keep bringing it back into th enews and media is a waste of time.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 09:14:47 AM »
glad they are getting the scum off the streets
!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2008, 09:20:33 AM »
glad they are getting the scum off the streets
translation=a big juicer lifted your skinny/fat 153 pounds off his bench and sat you in the water fountain in front of all the girls in the gym and now you hate all juicers.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2008, 09:23:06 AM »
Plano resident's steroid distribution ring was one of the largest in U.S.
By JASON TRAHAN and GARY JACOBSON / The Dallas Morning News

He said that although he doesn't allow them in his gym, he has seen the benefits of steroid use in athletes he's trained.

"I've seen thousands of people take steroids, and I haven't seen anybody kill over it. Most all the guys making it to the top ranks in the contact sports have taken steroids at some point. But not when it's testing time."

jtrahan@dallasnews.com; gjacobson@dallasnews.com

8) ::)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2008, 09:25:31 AM »
translation=a big juicer lifted your skinny/fat 153 pounds off his bench and sat you in the water fountain in front of all the girls in the gym and now you hate all juicers.
nice try fatty
have another twinkie and clean the house before mom gets home
!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2008, 09:51:23 AM »

When Dave allegedly got "popped" I will say that just about the entire Mr. Olympia lineup was...ummm...concerned.

Interesting statement.

couple that with the fact that he trained at Metroflex where Ronnie coleman just happened to train during his 8 year reign as the best ever, and it kinda makes the whole "they take the same stuff you do" sound a little fishy

jetpower

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2008, 09:56:34 AM »

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2008, 10:11:18 AM »
MATTB C ..... Wells stated on the first page of this subject and I tend to agree entirely.

My personal feeling is that roids should never have been catagorized as they are at present. Even the AMA agreed on that.

And now that it's against the law to use them, the government goes on this massive witch hunt in an effort to destroy various individuals.

I accept the fact that the gov should go after the illegal distributors but they should lay off roid use under the supervision of qualified doctors and those who choose to use them for any reason whatsoever.

If the various sports federations such as the IOC object, let them work in-house to solve their own problem. These federations should handle it themselves. Let each federation decide if roids are allowed or not allowed within that federation and let them determine and administer the consequences if someone breaks their established "code of conduct".

Most athletes would abide by those in-house "rules" if they feared the loss of their contract and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.

The US gov's involvement only offers an underground opportunity for anyone wanting and willing to take advantage of ignorance.

Alex23

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2008, 10:19:18 AM »

hahah are you saying that "benny" is tired of flat benching then having the bar grabbed by a "bigger" guy who then proceeds to up right row it?

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »
You really think they could get info on all steroid purchases in the US? In the words of John Stassel, give me a break!

I dont know but how can they say 'one of the largest' without providing any proof?

thisiskeith12

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2008, 11:21:49 AM »
Nyc, in terms of busts and what has been seized being the only official proof they can go off of, it probably is one of the largest.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2008, 03:03:44 PM »
Hahahahaha..."Lucas".
?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2008, 03:17:16 PM »
wait wait wait

ART ATWOOD TAKES STEROIDS?   :o

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2008, 03:23:33 PM »
wait wait wait

ART ATWOOD TAKES STEROIDS?   :o
No, but based on the pictures I've seen of you I think you outght to consider using mass quantities of them.

Art Atwood uses 'Professional Supplements'.
?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2008, 03:24:32 PM »
No, but based on the pictures I've seen of you I think you outght to consider using mass quantities of them.

right back at ya champ

thisiskeith12

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2008, 03:27:20 PM »
I'd like to thank Musclephone for breaking this story.

I wonder if they will break the NY Times piece as well?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2008, 03:33:02 PM »

The media love to use the word 'ring' when needing to make something sound like a much bigger deal than it actually was. 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2008, 03:41:06 PM »
I'd like to thank Musclephone for breaking this story.

I wonder if they will break the NY Times piece as well?
That news broke weeks ago Keith. Try to keep up.

Drug Case Involves 2 N.F.L. Players
By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT Published: April 8, 2008

When David Jacobs, a personal trainer and supplement-store owner from Plano, Tex., pleaded guilty to steroid-distribution charges in November and agreed to cooperate with federal authorities, he told a local television station that he would offer evidence linking football players to performance-enhancing drugs.

Five months later, information from Jacobs has led authorities to subpoena at least one active N.F.L. player — a member of the Atlanta Falcons — to testify before a federal grand jury in Texas, said two lawyers with direct knowledge of the matter. The player has not been publicly identified.

The lawyers also said that one of the subjects of the grand jury’s investigation was Matt Lehr, an offensive lineman for the New Orleans Saints who played for the Dallas Cowboys from 2001 to 2004 and for the Falcons from 2005 to 2006. The N.F.L. suspended him for four games in 2006 after he tested positive for a banned substance.

The lawyers said Lehr was being investigated for the suspected distribution of performance-enhancing drugs. The investigation is being led by the United States attorney’s office for the Eastern District of Texas.

Distributors, not users, are often the targets of investigations into steroid use. In such investigations, the government frequently seeks the testimony of users — who often are athletes — to indict the distributors. In recent years, however, prosecutors have pursued athletes they believe have lied under oath, or to government agents, about their use of banned substances.

Paul Coggins, Lehr’s lawyer, acknowledged his client was under investigation. But Coggins maintained that federal authorities had uncovered evidence that showed Jacobs had provided faulty information and that the investigation of his client would probably be dropped. Coggins said Jacobs had turned over Lehr’s name to federal authorities only because Lehr refused to pay Jacobs’s legal fees.

“He threatened Matt and said you have to pay my attorney’s fees or I am going to end your career,” Coggins said in a telephone interview on Saturday. He said Lehr met Jacobs when they were bodybuilders.

“Jacobs saw Matt as a guy with a lot of money and Matt declined to pay his fees,” Coggins added.

Coggins, the former United States attorney for the Northern District of Texas, said he had represented Lehr for three months. “We are confident that the more the feds look at Jacobs, the less credible of a source of information he becomes,” Coggins said.

In a telephone interview on Monday, Jacobs’s lawyer, Henry E. Hockeimer Jr., said, “Mr. Jacobs has provided truthful, complete and corroborated information to the U.S. attorney’s office.”

Asked about Coggins’s assertion that Jacobs was trying to get Lehr pay his legal fees, Hockeimer said, “That is certainly a strategy he could pursue at a trial, but it won’t be successful.”

The N.F.L., meanwhile, is cooperating with the government’s investigation, according to Greg Aiello, a league spokesman.

In an e-mail message, Aiello did not say what the league’s cooperation entailed. He also declined to say if league security personnel had reached out to Jacobs to learn more about what he told federal authorities.

An official at the United States attorney’s office in the Eastern District of Texas declined to comment.

Jacobs was charged in September as part of Operation Raw Deal, a sprawling investigation led by the Drug Enforcement Administration that focused on dozens of suspected distributors of performance-enhancing drugs who were accused of purchasing raw materials from foreign countries.

Prosecutors made a deal with Jacobs, who was charged with seven others, in the hopes of obtaining more information about the distribution of steroids.

Before Operation Raw Deal, high-profile federal inquiries into performance-enhancing drug distribution appeared to be confined to the United States attorney’s office in the Northern District of California, which has indicted 12 people over the past five and a half years as part of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative investigation and its offshoots.

Judy Battista, Duff Wilson and Michael Brick contributed reporting.
Elevate Your Image.™