Author Topic: An Arnold Board  (Read 44580 times)

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
Re: An Arnold Board
« Reply #275 on: December 27, 2008, 04:55:16 PM »
Without Arnolds popularity, none of those other guys would exist.
I agree, good point. But, we'd obviously get people arguing "If Arnold gets a board why doesn't ______ deserve one?" "Why put one bodybuilder above all the others?" etc.... I say just let him dominate the majority of the discussion, if he's that popular he's earned it and it's justified, but to give him is own board raises a number of moral, "opinion" issues.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #276 on: December 27, 2008, 04:58:14 PM »
I agree, good point. But, we'd obviously get people arguing "If Arnold gets a board why doesn't ______ deserve one?" "Why put one bodybuilder above all the others?" etc.... I say just let him dominate the majority of the discussion, if he's that popular he's earned it and it's justified, but to give him is own board raises a number of moral, "opinion" issues.
LOL@"morals"....... ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: December 28, 2008, 01:51:20 AM »

Ron did it with Titus.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #278 on: December 28, 2008, 02:04:51 AM »
Ron did it with Titus.
Probably because it absolutely dominated discussion; maybe the board was "drowning" in discussion about such freak incident. Arnold doesn't even dominate the bodybuilding discussion, though. Surely the discussion level about him isn't at the level it must have been during that murder, which simultaneously involved two people in this sport.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #279 on: December 28, 2008, 05:04:32 AM »
ok - where would the board go.

Ron, the idea was thrown on page 11 - sub-board under the Positive Board.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: December 28, 2008, 05:11:46 AM »

Because whether you like Arnold or not, he is the epitome of a bodybuilder. Not only for his popularity, but for his physique as well. Time after time he has won numerous polls via magazines and the Internet. He was givin' the IFBB Gold Order as being the greatest bodybuilder of the 20th century!

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: December 28, 2008, 05:14:45 AM »
Nope, no Arnold board. Why?

Next we'll need a Ronnie board, then a Dorian board, then a "Golden Era" board

Funny how nobody is asking for these, yet The Arnold Board is screaming to be created. 12 pages...!  ;D

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: December 30, 2008, 11:55:48 AM »
So whatcha say, Ron? Are you at least thinking about giving us The Arnold Board for the New Year?  ???

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: December 30, 2008, 07:05:30 PM »
Probably because it absolutely dominated discussion; maybe the board was "drowning" in discussion about such freak incident. Arnold doesn't even dominate the bodybuilding discussion, though. Surely the discussion level about him isn't at the level it must have been during that murder, which simultaneously involved two people in this sport.

Though it would be great to have a section where we can see exclusive Arnold info and pics, I do agree that it rarely dominates discussion anymore. There's the odd "domino effect" of Arnold threads (e.g. one starts, more follow; see wrestling threads), but besides that it doesn't dominate discussion to warrant its own board.

Having said that, there is no other BBer that deserves it more than Arnold, so do with that what you will.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: December 30, 2008, 08:30:54 PM »
Though it would be great to have a section where we can see exclusive Arnold info and pics, I do agree that it rarely dominates discussion anymore. There's the odd "domino effect" of Arnold threads (e.g. one starts, more follow; see wrestling threads), but besides that it doesn't dominate discussion to warrant its own board.

Having said that, there is no other BBer that deserves it more than Arnold, so do with that what you will.

I'm surprised you of all people would say that!  :o

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2008, 11:05:40 PM »
I'm surprised you of all people would say that!  :o

I would make the board right now if I could, but I'm trying to see it from Ron's perspective.

In the end, it doesn't matter what we say, Pollux. This thread is 12 pages long and has been going since April. Still no Arnold Board.

Ron himself agrees that Arnold has done more for the sport than anyone.

Arnold is by far the number one persona in bodybuilding today and when he was the Mr. Olympia.  He brought in a new level, one which raised the bar, and then, even after he finished competing in the pro ranks, kept in the bodybuilding industry by helping to promote a contest, and keeping in the publics eye even to this day. 

From a humble bodybuilder to a powerful movie star, to a stern business owner, to the governor of California, by far the most famous bodybuilder of them all.

To this day, his covers outsell many others, Physical Magazine has thier annual cover, and Muscle & Fitness has theirs too. He is probably one of the most prolific bodybuilder and should have the most covers too.

Still no Arnold Board. If it hasn't happened after 12 pages and 8 months of suggestions, the chances are slim that it will ever happen; let alone in the immediate future.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: December 31, 2008, 04:55:58 AM »
I would make the board right now if I could, but I'm trying to see it from Ron's perspective.

In the end, it doesn't matter what we say, Pollux. This thread is 12 pages long and has been going since April. Still no Arnold Board.

Ron himself agrees that Arnold has done more for the sport than anyone.

Still no Arnold Board. If it hasn't happened after 12 pages and 8 months of suggestions, the chances are slim that it will ever happen; let alone in the immediate future.

You may be right. Guess you can say I'm in denial.  :(

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: December 31, 2008, 05:14:49 AM »
Ron's just toying with us, aren't you Ron?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #288 on: January 07, 2009, 03:11:33 AM »
Ron's just toying with us, aren't you Ron?

"He'll check it out"...

::) ::)

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: September 27, 2010, 08:50:25 AM »
BUMP for an Arnold Board! The people have spoken... we want one!  8)