Author Topic: NYC cops acquitted for murder..Sean Bell case  (Read 3923 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: NYC cops acquitted for murder..Sean Bell case
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2008, 11:08:22 AM »

"Bell had been arrested three times, twice for drug dealing and once for a firearms possession.[7] In all cases, he was released on his own recognizance.[8] The New York Daily News reported that, according to unnamed law enforcement sources, Bell sold crack cocaine twice to a confidential police informant in August of 2006.[9] Joseph Guzman and Trent Benefield, also shot in the incident, had been arrested nine and three times, respectively, each having been arrested at least once for illegal firearm possession."

I kinda figured this...Was he trying to get his life back together, getting out of the drug scene, who knows...

I would like to read the Statement of Charges for the case. Get the whole details before I make comment. But there is no reason to empty a clip on the dude and then reload...he got shot 50 times...And all he had was a damn wallet. Yeah, a small square wallet looks just like a damn Glock.You shoot a couple in the right places he's down for the count. I knew a white kid who is doing time now for stabbing a another kid 57 times, over a female in high school.  Yes, 57 times...Doesn't make any sense.

You also have to take in the officers demeanor, it is NYC, and many of NYC's finest are not the smartest nor should be in the position of being a cop. And many come from the same background as Mr. Bell.

I wonder do these thing ever occur to white men in this country? Or are those incidents not being covered as much? Why does this keep happening to black men?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2008, 11:10:05 AM »
I was a cop...let me assure you all...there might have been cause to fire, but not 50 times. A simple warning shot may have sufficed...even a leg shot could have potentially brought the situation under control...non-lethal force.

I don't know all the details of the situation...but there are few (if any) reasons to have multiple cops shooting at the same target.

Bob,

They were apparently facing down a car(with possibly armed aggressors in it) being driven at them.

Also, when you were a cop, were you still armed with a revolver? People harp on the number of shots fired, but when you consider how easy it is empty a semi-auto in stressful situation, fifty shots isn't all that many.  

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2008, 11:10:47 AM »
From what I read on this topic....there's alot of "sides" to the story & none seem to have any similarities.

Couple things which were established from reading the accounts....

1- This guy & his buddies were creating an altercation.  They weren't entirely innocent & minding their own business. 

2- The rammed their vehicle into an unmarked police van

3- alot of shots were fired & a man is killed

4- no weapon was found on the victims possesion.

Who's right...who was wrong....it's hard to say.   Why?  Because alot of the stories don't match up.

It's unfortunate this man is dead....it's also too bad he run his suck with police officers & created an altercation.

Why did the cops find it necessary to unload their weapons?   Probably lack of training, fear, adrenaline, etc...

I am not saying this to be mean.....but i always wondered why the cops just didn't plant a weapon on the dead body?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2008, 11:17:54 AM »
From what I read on this topic....there's alot of "sides" to the story & none seem to have any similarities.

Couple things which were established from reading the accounts....

1- This guy & his buddies were creating an altercation.  They weren't entirely innocent & minding their own business. 

2- The rammed their vehicle into an unmarked police van

3- alot of shots were fired & a man is killed

4- no weapon was found on the victims possesion.

Who's right...who was wrong....it's hard to say.   Why?  Because alot of the stories don't match up.

It's unfortunate this man is dead....it's also too bad he run his suck with police officers & created an altercation.

Why did the cops find it necessary to unload their weapons?   Probably lack of training, fear, adrenaline, etc...

I am not saying this to be mean.....but i always wondered why the cops just didn't plant a weapon on the dead body?

Agreed...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2008, 12:13:02 PM »

Along with a little crack sprinkling. But also not in a mean way.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2008, 12:23:40 PM »
Ah, gotta love the media frenzy.

Shooting of an unarmed black man?  Check.

An unarmed man that was ready to be married?  Check.

Over 50 rounds fired?  Check.

Race of cops not mentioned, but race of victim repeatedly mentioned?  Check.

Al Sharpton on the march?  Check.

Race card played?  Check.

Just give the blacks, hispanics, and whites their own land here in the US, and any other group that can be tossed a bone too.  It's apparent we can't live in peace amongst ourselves anyways.

Tapper

• Getbig IV
  • You're an SMF!
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2008, 12:27:28 PM »

It's apparent we can't live in peace amongst ourselves anyways.

Correct. The media would never allow something like that to happen.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2008, 12:38:04 PM »
Just give the blacks, hispanics, and whites their own land here in the US

Then what? Two of those places will rapidly become toilets, so they systematically flee to the third until it resembles the other two. Welcome to California.

OneBigMan

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2008, 08:34:51 AM »
I'm posting about this INCIDENT a few days late. The point I wanted to make is simply that this case is not as reckless as it appears because of two things. The very 1st thing is two of the deservedly acquitted police officers were indeed black. That makes this much more than a supposed police brutality case. It makes this seem to be another black on black crime. The 2nd fact is that they were coming from a nightclub that had previous police surveillance for criminal activity as well as the fact that the driver of the car of the victims rammed his vehicle into the police which gives them the right to shoot.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2008, 11:32:59 AM »
uh no, im a chink...i thought you knew that ?
Um..I did,do.. That's why I wrote'YOU THINK YOU"RE WHITE?"

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2008, 01:09:03 PM »
I was a cop...let me assure you all...there might have been cause to fire, but not 50 times. A simple warning shot may have sufficed...even a leg shot could have potentially brought the situation under control...non-lethal force.

I don't know all the details of the situation...but there are few (if any) reasons to have multiple cops shooting at the same target.

you were a cop and were taught this?  that is terrible policing. if you need to use your gun it is as a last resort only. that last resort is death. if you use that gun you are aiming for the chest and thats it. if that guy doesnt need to be shot down and killed, then there is no need to shoot.

there are no warning or leg shots. too many things can go wrong. all or nothing

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2008, 06:21:58 PM »
Burn that bitch down.

Gotta love American Justice...especially if you're white!  Woo-hoo!! 

Honestly, why should Blacks pay as much in taxes as Whites
welfare ::)

bench

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2008, 06:43:50 PM »
He was told to stop - he didn't.. Tried to play thug and lost his life.

Two out the three detectives were BLACK you fucking idiots.