Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh encouraging riots  (Read 4026 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Rush Limbaugh encouraging riots
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 03:14:58 PM »
He's just saying do what the liberals have been doing for for years :-)

Please list the years the liberals have rioted, Joe.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 03:19:10 PM »
Obviously he has no sway over the democrats. They won't riot at his suggestion.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 03:20:47 PM »
You have no way of knowing that.

The speaking HEAD of the repub voting base just wished for riots in an american city.  What do riots include - death and destructions?

Mindboggling that he isn't kicked off the air for shit like that.  Attempting to incite riots for political gain.  Asinine.

Oh brother!  It falls so short of what would be required for the FCC to become involved or for a prosecution (I worked for the US Attorney previously by the way), it is bearly worth discussing

No Justice No Peace!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 03:24:07 PM »
Obviously he has no sway over the democrats. They won't riot at his suggestion.

no, but republican nutjobs might show up and do some stupid shit from the crowd.

A common tactic when trying to make a group look bad, is to send in 5 cops dressed as hippies to start a few fires.  The whole crowd gets blamed, police in riot gear get to tear gas everyone, and you clean up the streets.

This would be a few repubs going into the crowd and doing stupid shit in front of the FOX news cameras so they could show the footage over and over for 6 months to rally their base who falls for that shit.

You know, the same base who is still infuriated on a daily basis by revenend obama clips, who have no fcking clus what mccain's position is, on anything.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 03:40:20 PM »
no, but republican nutjobs might show up and do some stupid shit from the crowd.

A common tactic when trying to make a group look bad, is to send in 5 cops dressed as hippies to start a few fires.  The whole crowd gets blamed, police in riot gear get to tear gas everyone, and you clean up the streets.

This would be a few repubs going into the crowd and doing stupid shit in front of the FOX news cameras so they could show the footage over and over for 6 months to rally their base who falls for that shit.

You know, the same base who is still infuriated on a daily basis by revenend obama clips, who have no fcking clus what mccain's position is, on anything.

Hahah, that sounds like fun, am I a bad person. :-\

You're right about the base, although there is a very signifigant minority that hate his fucking guts, but will probably vote for him anyway. I'm not personally a Republican, but I guess I'm more conservative than not.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 03:45:18 PM »
Imagine if Keith Olbermann went on the air and talked about how hilarious it would be if riots took place at the Repub event - he'd be crucified by FOX news.  They'd be playing the clip for the next 6 months.

Yet for some reason, they're not talking about Rush...

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2008, 03:57:23 PM »
Imagine if Keith Olbermann went on the air and talked about how hilarious it would be if riots took place at the Repub event - he'd be crucified by FOX news.  They'd be playing the clip for the next 6 months.

Yet for some reason, they're not talking about Rush...

What if he suggested one of the Superdelegates should kill Hillary.

...Oh right, he did....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2008, 04:08:05 PM »
What if he suggested one of the Superdelegates should kill Hillary.

...Oh right, he did....

when?  thats horrible. link?

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 04:15:34 PM »

when?  thats horrible. link?

Hahah, I'm exagerating, but some people are implying he mentt that. It's one of those stories that get some hand wringers all bent out of shape. here are some links.

http://anglachelg.blogspot.com/2008/04/olberman-calls-for-clintons-murder.html

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/04/keith_olbermann_apologizes_for.php

I think your original post about Olberman was trying to suggest the media is biased against liberals? I don't think many people would agree with that.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2008, 04:18:42 PM »
He was wrong..but he's just as wrong as the douchebags on  Huffington Post wishing for Nancy Reagan to die and happy that Heston was dead...its the usual double standard. If there are riots in Denver its because theri idiot candidates could not get their shit together. Maybe the douchbags in the Dem party will be forced out and the rest will figure out that un American libs can't win an election. Hope is not a method...change won't feed ur family or make u safe from ragheads.
dude, you're not going to compare what some angry kid says typing away at his blog in his parent's basement to Rush Limbaugh inciting riots on radio coast to coast are you ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2008, 04:21:18 PM »
Please list the years the liberals have rioted, Joe.
Also please list the years the cops and or FBI didn't have agent provocateurs there to aid it in that direction :)  I bet the republicans don't have to worry about that kinda thing :D

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2008, 04:21:31 PM »
who is this Zaphod dude? who owns this gimmick?

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2008, 04:23:14 PM »

I locked myself out of my account and had to start from scratch.  :'(

-Master Blaster 

Oh and I never used to post in this board but Getbig has been slow lately.  :-\

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2008, 04:24:03 PM »

A little BF like in posting style, but I don't know for sure.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2008, 04:24:32 PM »
A little BF like in posting style, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks Hugo.  ;)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2008, 04:25:01 PM »
I locked myself out of my account and had to start from scratch.  :'(

-Master Blaster  ;D

Oh and I never used to post in this board but Getbig has been slow lately.  :-\

LOL  WB
thanks for sharing

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2008, 04:27:27 PM »
I think ANY on-air personality who encouraged crime - especially those with rabid die-hard fans who might do something stupid - should be taken off the air.  Seriously.  Rush is a very smart man - he knew exactly what he was doing - planting the seed in the minds of listeners that any disruptions in Denver will make the dems look bad.  

It's dangerous.  And if there is any crime during that event, I hope the victim sues Rush for it.  He's an ass for encouraging millions to do something that results in death and destruction.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2008, 04:38:15 PM »
I think ANY on-air personality who encouraged crime - especially those with rabid die-hard fans who might do something stupid - should be taken off the air.  Seriously.  Rush is a very smart man - he knew exactly what he was doing - planting the seed in the minds of listeners that any disruptions in Denver will make the dems look bad.  

It's dangerous.  And if there is any crime during that event, I hope the victim sues Rush for it.  He's an ass for encouraging millions to do something that results in death and destruction.
If that's what Rush did, I'm pretty sure it's not legal. 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2008, 05:18:45 PM »
Hahahaha........I heard that show and I was thinking to myself how it's just a matter of time before a thread like this was started and it hits the media....ahahahahaha!!

You can also give him credit for Hillary winning Penn as well ;D

Epic dodge.

And I hope Headrush gets his fat ass prosecuted for this stupidity, but it's doubtful.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2008, 05:21:58 PM »

Guilty or not, I'm not sure his laguage is specific enough to constitute an actual crime.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2008, 05:40:45 PM »
Now, I am not inspiring or inciting riots.  I'm dreaming.  (singing to the tune of White Christmas) "I'm dreaming of riots in Denver."

This translates: I'm not inspiring or inciting riots but it is his wish that they happen.  It doesn't matter much that he said he's not inciting riots if he also says, it's his wish phrased in a way as to mean it would be a gift to him.  that's fucking inciting and definitly inspiring riots. 

It's like if someone said,  "I'm not inciting or inspiring someone go out and murder this guy but if the gun just accidently goes off while someone is pointing it at his fat face (singing to the tune of a white christmas)"

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2008, 07:56:57 PM »
method...change won't feed ur family or make u safe from ragheads.

Ragheads werent interested in us till we blew the fvck out of their town and killed their children.  I swear your a mental retard....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2008, 08:03:24 PM »
the quotes get worse.

Wait til you see Wednesday's quotes.  These watered down clips were from thursday, when he was trying to diffuse the situation.

MSNBC just played the wednesday video clip of his show.  If anyone can find it, post it.  Bad.

He said the riots would ensure a Democrat is not elected as president, and his listeners have a responsibility to make sure it happens.

“Riots in Denver, the Democrat Convention would see to it that we don’t elect Democrats,” Limbaugh said during Wednesday’s radio broadcast. He then went on to say that’s the best thing that could happen to the country…

…Limbaugh said with massive riots in Denver, which he called “Operation Chaos,” the people on the far left would look bad.

“We do, hopefully, the right thing for the sake of this country. We’re the only one in charge of our affairs. We don’t farm out our defense if we elect Democrats … and riots in Denver, at the Democratic Convention will see to it we don’t elect Democrats. And that’s the best damn thing that can happen to this country, as far as I can think,” Limbaugh said…

Berserker, that's your neck of the woods.  I bet you're a huge Rush fan right now :)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2008, 08:09:54 PM »
the quotes get worse.

Wait til you see Wednesday's quotes.  These watered down clips were from thursday, when he was trying to diffuse the situation.

MSNBC just played the wednesday video clip of his show.  If anyone can find it, post it.  Bad.

He said the riots would ensure a Democrat is not elected as president, and his listeners have a responsibility to make sure it happens.

“Riots in Denver, the Democrat Convention would see to it that we don’t elect Democrats,” Limbaugh said during Wednesday’s radio broadcast. He then went on to say that’s the best thing that could happen to the country…

…Limbaugh said with massive riots in Denver, which he called “Operation Chaos,” the people on the far left would look bad.

“We do, hopefully, the right thing for the sake of this country. We’re the only one in charge of our affairs. We don’t farm out our defense if we elect Democrats … and riots in Denver, at the Democratic Convention will see to it we don’t elect Democrats. And that’s the best damn thing that can happen to this country, as far as I can think,” Limbaugh said…

Berserker, that's your neck of the woods.  I bet you're a huge Rush fan right now :)

Damn.  The video will tell us if it was in jest or serious.  Alot of dittoheads dickheads will take him serious....theyre not to bright. :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2008, 08:12:26 PM »

Damn.  The video will tell us if it was in jest or serious.  Alot of dittoheads dickheads will take him serious....theyre not to bright. :-\

yeah, the phrasing was something like "fire and destruction".

Fucking disgusting.  I'll let the clip do the talking, I don't want to paraphrase it.

Olbermann played it, story #1 on tonight's show.  It's bad.  I can't believe he'd want bad things to happen to americans, just so his party can win.  Sad.