Author Topic: Vic Richards at 17.........Biggest genetic freak ever?  (Read 17251 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Vic Richards at 17.........Biggest genetic freak ever?
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 07:36:21 PM »
Did he use gh and insulin, or just anabolic steroids?
of course he did and A LOT of it but it doesn't take away from the fact that the man is a genetic phenom.

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 07:46:26 PM »
of course he did and A LOT of it but it doesn't take away from the fact that the man is a genetic phenom.

But but but......i thought his 500,000 calories a day was the trick?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 07:50:05 PM »
But but but......i thought his 500,000 calories a day was the trick?
hahahhaa, the infamous "freezer with meat carcasses" in the garage. ;D

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 11:05:04 PM »
He has stated that he had on occassion eaten upwards of 30,000 calories a day (caribbean food) which took his weight up to 370 pounds. The man was only 5'9"-5'10". His measurements were just ridiculous.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 11:37:43 PM »
I think he bullshitted just a tad on the calorie intake - I think he said he was eating ten pounds of rice a day alone as well as all the protein intkae.  ::)

Then there was the infamous "I had a dream" interview with Flex back in 94 where he gave his reasons for not competing against Dorian, Shawn and Dillett etc.

The guy was a freak for sure, but he just didn't have the brass neck to be standing onstage against the current pros. Citing health reasons for not wanting to compete when he'd spent years pumping himself full of all kinds of shit for years.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2008, 12:09:40 AM »
at 17 that is just freaky.

there have been bigger pros for sure, but people talk about vic in a different way because he didnt compete much, so they assume he didnt diet/train/rest as much as the competitive pros - therefore giving the idea that his genetics were superior to the pros who give it their all.

great quote from big vic:

"you have to understand, before i started training, i didnt know anything about bbing. this is just what i was doing for happiness, and i dont wanna take the happiness away."

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2008, 12:13:53 AM »
damn :o Fucking 17? :o
A

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2008, 01:21:48 AM »
I call BULLSHIT on the whole VIc Richards enigma----because thats all it is---is an enigma

he never competed against the best in teh biggest contests

Put this guy next to a huge shredded Ronnie and you would all see him getting completely owned---period

he looked like a big offseason BBer-----no conditioning whatsoever

you really think he could touch this ???

exactly.

besides, dudes who arent ripped in contest shapre should NEVER wear posing briefs...
EVER.

looks absolutely ridiculous.

Vic was strictly a shorts and tank or tee man.

put him in briefs and he looked fat and bottom heavy.

good genetics- sure. But hardly aesthetic.

gimme Dexter, rory, benfatto, ray, levrone, ronnie in his prime, heck even victor...even strydom wouldve made vic look like a fat bullfrog.

the pic with the hammies is definitely shopped too.

its funny how time yields legends that never were. ..and in arnold's case reduces him to an "average bb" and "nothing special"...and at the least "not as good as sergio"...hello BB youngsters...the odd photo and short video clip is not the full picture.

and Vic's legacy in this thread proves it. I'd go so far to say that he perhaps had the best legs in BB for a short while- and thats about it. And they werent the best ever, and were surpassed shortly after.

you gotta picture him with 20lb less fat and 15lb less water and 10lb less mass...

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2008, 01:54:32 AM »
BULLSHIT-----Ronnie 2003 would make him look small

of course he looks huge by himself----which pretty much 99% of his pics are----any pro looks good by himself

lol i chose my words carefully, i thought he had better LOOKING legs

Jav

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2008, 02:07:49 AM »
I once saw some pics of him when he was 12 and 13 years old, and they were even more impressive. I am sure they will be on the internet some where and I remember it staying they were taken before he even started training, pure genetic freak.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2008, 02:35:24 AM »
Brian Buchanan aged 17.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2008, 02:37:10 AM »
Like him or not, he's a genetic freak.
\

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2008, 02:40:50 AM »
Buchanan and Vince Brown aged 18.Brian is 4th from left,Vince is 3rd from right.
Brian and Vince both aged 19,3rd and 2nd from left.Look at the shape on Vince.
Brian guest posing at 19.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2008, 11:01:46 AM »
exactly.

besides, dudes who arent ripped in contest shapre should NEVER wear posing briefs...
EVER.

looks absolutely ridiculous.

Vic was strictly a shorts and tank or tee man.

put him in briefs and he looked fat and bottom heavy.

good genetics- sure. But hardly aesthetic.

gimme Dexter, rory, benfatto, ray, levrone, ronnie in his prime, heck even victor...even strydom wouldve made vic look like a fat bullfrog.

the pic with the hammies is definitely shopped too.

its funny how time yields legends that never were. ..and in arnold's case reduces him to an "average bb" and "nothing special"...and at the least "not as good as sergio"...hello BB youngsters...the odd photo and short video clip is not the full picture.

and Vic's legacy in this thread proves it. I'd go so far to say that he perhaps had the best legs in BB for a short while- and thats about it. And they werent the best ever, and were surpassed shortly after.

you gotta picture him with 20lb less fat and 15lb less water and 10lb less mass...

GREAT POST-----everyone should read this and further understand the whole VIC RICHARDS mystery/enigma

as for TOmbo------disco stu is right those hams are stretched----its VERY obvious

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2008, 11:30:55 AM »
With time and work he could have surpassed Ronnie at his best.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2008, 11:33:26 AM »
With time and work he could have surpassed Ronnie at his best.
thats very easy to say since he never did and why---because he never possesed ROnnies heart and dedication

so he would never have surpassed Ronnie--------he didnt have the mental edge--which at the pro level of sports and BBing makes all the difference.  Just about everyone competing is a genetic freak---its all what u have upstairs

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2008, 11:37:52 AM »
Brian Buchanan aged 17.

Looks about 57 in the face right there.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2008, 11:39:51 AM »
thats very easy to say since he never did and why---because he never possesed ROnnies heart and dedication

so he would never have surpassed Ronnie--------he didnt have the mental edge--which at the pro level of sports and BBing makes all the difference.  Just about everyone competing is a genetic freak---its all what u have upstairs

I agree. Like Matt Mendenhall you can have all the goods but you gotta be hungry like the wolf to get to the top.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2008, 01:18:57 PM »
I agree. Like Matt Mendenhall you can have all the goods but you gotta be hungry like the wolf to get to the top.
exactly-----there is so little that seperates men at the pro ranks, in anything, so its always the guy with the mental edge who will be the best.

there are many who could jump and shoot like Michael Jordan---but none who could step up in the clutch like he did 8)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2008, 01:50:07 PM »
i don't care if that dude did elephant hormones, is was one of histories most genetically gifted people.

of course a million people will downplay his achievements, but everyone has access to what he had access to, and he was still one of a kind. amazing

WHAT ACHIEVEMENTS!!!!??? 1992 Nigeria National Champion?

Kovacs may have been pummeled at the pro level, but at least he stepped on an IFBB stage to compete.

Richards didn't compete, because the thought of much smaller, but better-conditioned, bodybuilders whipping his behind onstage was too much for his ego to bear (i.e. the temper tantrum he threw, when he lost to Rich Gaspari, in a teenage bodybuilding show).

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2008, 03:20:59 PM »
exactly-----there is so little that seperates men at the pro ranks, in anything, so its always the guy with the mental edge who will be the best.

there are many who could jump and shoot like Michael Jordan---but none who could step up in the clutch like he did 8)

The guy doesnt need a trophy to establish himself as a freak and a legend. the pics do the talking :P I'm not saying he could beat ronnie , but that doesnt stop him from being a complete monster and one of the COOLEST lookin guys out there. I'd take his offseason physique against anyone elses. The guy loves to train and couldnt give a shit about anything to do with the IFBB. Still a monster

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »
The guy doesnt need a trophy to establish himself as a freak and a legend. the pics do the talking :P I'm not saying he could beat ronnie , but that doesnt stop him from being a complete monster and one of the COOLEST lookin guys out there. I'd take his offseason physique against anyone elses. The guy loves to train and couldnt give a shit about anything to do with the IFBB. Still a monster

in that case Noah Steere or Dennis james (if he didnt compete) would be the greatest legends ever----------

Alex23

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2008, 03:35:06 PM »
in that case Noah Steere or Dennis james (if he didnt compete) would be the greatest legends ever----------

Hahahah that pic is priceless..

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2008, 12:18:37 AM »
noah steere is a legend :P except G4P emanates from him *Shudder*