Author Topic: LG Sciences is in big, big trouble! $1.3 million worth!  (Read 1515 times)

Stormcloud

• Getbig II
LG Sciences is in big, big trouble! $1.3 million worth!
« on: April 25, 2008, 03:35:01 PM »

FDA seizes supplements marketed for bodybuilders, from April 5th.

Federal agents seized more than $1.3 million in illegal dietary supplements from a Brighton-area business that markets products to bodybuilders, authorities announced Friday.

U.S. Marshals confiscated the items Wednesday at a warehouse of LG Sciences, LLC, located on Whitmore Lake Road, because the products contain unapproved food additives or dietary ingredients that violate the law, according to a statement from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

The products are labeled as dietary supplements, but are marketed for use by bodybuilders. Products seized were marketed and distributed online and in retail stores under the names Methyl 1-D, Methyl 1-D XL and Formadrol Extreme XL.

Methyl 1-D XL is pictured on the LG Sciences Web site as a bottle of capsules that increases strength and muscle mass. Comments on the site praise the company for the gains users experienced with the products.

The FDA said the seized products previously were tested and found to contain one or more unapproved food additives and/or dietary ingredients that had not been studied to ensure they wouldn't cause illness or injury.

People who have used the products should consult their doctor, the FDA said.

"Wednesday's action shows the FDA's commitment to protecting consumers from potentially harmful products," Margaret Glavin, the agency's associated commissioner of the Office of Regulatory Affairs, said in a prepared statement. Glavin could not be reached for comment Friday evening.

Ronald Berry, an attorney for LG Sciences, said Friday evening that all the company's products are legal, and the ingredients are safe for consumers. He called the FDA seizure "merely a preliminary step in determining compliance with food regulations."

"Although LG Sciences feels the temporary restraint of its product by the FDA is inappropriate, the company appreciates that the FDA wishes to protect the public," Berry said in a statement.

In March 2006, the FDA warned a company called Legal Gear - the predecessor to LG Sciences - to cease distribution of another product that was marketed as a dietary supplement but was actually an unapproved new drug containing synthetic steroids, the government's statement said.

U.S. Attorney Stephen Murphy, whose Detroit office secured the warrants for the seizure, said the civil case likely won't involve prosecuting individuals. He said the "FDA wanted to get these things before they went out to stores."

FDA spokeswoman Stephanie Kwisnek said in an e-mail that the FDA is continuing to investigate LG Sciences.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: LG Sciences is in big, big trouble! $1.3 million worth!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 04:10:27 PM »
And Chick says the FDA and the DEA Don't give a Fuk about IFBB or BB.hMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.Seems they do Bob. ::)

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 04:52:12 PM »
And Chick says the FDA and the DEA Don't give a Fuk about IFBB or BB.hMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.Seems they do Bob. ::)
depends on how much money is involved if your assh-le was considered a weapon of mass desturction and they  knew you were hiding 1.3 million dollars in there they would sue your butt and you for that much and say that your ass was illegal steroids....

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 06:47:56 PM »
depends on how much money is involved if your assh-le was considered a weapon of mass desturction and they  knew you were hiding 1.3 million dollars in there they would sue your butt and you for that much and say that your ass was illegal steroids....

I heard dat dose Weapons of Mass Destruction contain illegal muscle building compounds as well......

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 07:53:04 PM »
I live minutes from their warehouse.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 08:04:36 PM »
I live minutes from their warehouse.

go see if they have $1.3 mil buried in a treasure chest in their yard.

It should be 20 paces from the old oak tree.  There will be a big red "X" on the ground.

X marks the spot.  Dig there.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »

why would the DEA give a shit about supp company having bad ingredients? The article talked about the FDA, retard, they're completely different ;)

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 08:10:23 PM »
go see if they have $1.3 mil buried in a treasure chest in their yard.

It should be 20 paces from the old oak tree.  There will be a big red "X" on the ground.

X marks the spot.  Dig there.

I remember how easy it was to get their one test dirt cheap right before the FDA yanked that.  They got that stuff out to the local vendors very fast.

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 08:18:04 PM »
I'm sorry but our government is getting more laughable by the week.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 10:21:59 PM »
Beener Read my post again before you say Retard RETARD I never said DEA had anything to do with it I said Bob says they don't care about what the IFBB and BB does.OK RETARD.