Author Topic: Pick your poison  (Read 468 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Pick your poison
« on: April 26, 2008, 10:55:05 AM »
Pick your poison.   :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Pick your poison
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:34:03 AM »
"Make it a hundred...That would be fine with me." -to a questioner who asked if he supported President Bush's vision for keeping U.S. troops in Iraq for 50 years

"I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated."

"Well, it's common knowledge and has been reported in the media that Al Qaeda is going back into Iran and receiving training and are coming back into Iraq from Iran.  That's well known. And it's unfortunate." -before correcting himself by saying Iran was training "extremists," not Al Qaeda

"I will conduct a respectful debate. Now, it will be dispirited -- it will be spirited -- because there are stark differences. I am a proud conservative, liberal Republica-- conservative Republican...Hello? Easy there."

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should. I've got Greenspan's book."

"It's not social issues I care about."

"F**k you! I know more about this than anyone else in the room." --to Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), during a testy exchange about immigration legislation

"There are neighborhoods in Baghdad where you and I could walk through those neighborhoods today." --prior to visiting a Baghdad market while being flanked by 22 soldiers, 10 armored Humvees, and two Apache attack helicopters

"You know that old Beach Boys song, Bomb Iran? Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran." (Watch video clip)

"I had something picked out for you, too - a little IED (improvised explosive device) to put on your desk." --to Jon Stewart

"Americans are very frustrated, and they have every right to be. We've wasted a lot of our most precious treasure, which is American lives." --on the Iraq war

"I think I'd just commit suicide." --in October 2006, on the prospects of the Democrats taking back the Senate in the November election

"No, I'm calling you a f*cking jerk." --to fellow Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, when Grassley asked "Are you calling me stupid?"

"Only an a**hole would put together a budget like this ... I wouldn't call you an a**hole unless you really were an a**hole." --to Budget Committee Chairman and fellow Repulican Sen. Pete Domenici, during a Senate budget hearing

"I would rather have a clean government than one where quote First Amendment rights are being respected, that has become corrupt. If I had my choice, I'd rather have the clean government."

"I am sure that Senator Clinton would make a good President. I have no doubt that Senator Clinton would make a good President."

"I said, 'The nice thing about Alzheimer's is you get to hide your own Easter eggs.'"

"At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you c*nt." -to his wife, Cindy, after she playfully twirled his hair and said "You're getting a little thin up there," as reported in the book The Real McCain by Cliff Schecter

"Do you know why Chelsea Clinton is so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father." --at a 1998 Republican fundraiser"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:49:21 AM »
Definitions of liberal on the Web:

. . .

In the US political spectrum, “liberals” are said to be slightly left-of-center or somewhat left-of-center. Of the two main political parties, the Democrats are thought to be more liberal, as the term is currently defined. ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 11:55:16 AM »
Definitions of liberal on the Web:

. . .

In the US political spectrum, “liberals” are said to be slightly left-of-center or somewhat left-of-center. Of the two main political parties, the Democrats are thought to be more liberal, as the term is currently defined. ...

Liberals are also anti-gun.

Hi, Liberal beach Bum!