Author Topic: What is muscular maturity?  (Read 7363 times)

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
Re: What is muscular maturity?
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2008, 06:19:33 AM »
well, I heard a lot of people said that Dexter jackson got Phil heath in check when it comes to muscle maturity, well, I kind of Agree. Dexter is almost a decade older than Phil, I can see the argument.
Get Big, or Die Trying

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2008, 06:33:26 AM »
John Citrone vs. Evan Centopani

Citrone= 40+ year competitor...still looks great

Centopani= several year competitor...best years still ahead of him...looks great in different way

Moosejay

heres a comparison.

Moosejay

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2008, 06:35:24 AM »
heres a comparison.

hard to tell on pics...thanks GA...VG

BTW...I think Citrone is in his 60's there!

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2008, 06:45:07 AM »
pic was taken in 2002

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2008, 08:06:42 AM »
We hear so many *pros* and *experts* mentioning the elusive enigma called muscular maturity. What is it exactly? What is this mysterious "thing" that comes with training longevity? Furthermore, if one is a natural, does he have more muscular maturity over the years? Also, if one has a long layoff from training or suffers an unfortunate injury that prevents him from training and hence he loses a lot of muscle, does this mysterious muscular maturity automatically reapper when one starts training again, or does one need to take years to obtain it again, or does it miraculously reapper with the other equally mysterious so-called "muscle memory?"
 So, what exactly is muscular maturity?

(determinator:official getbig big6 member)

Nothing to do with muscle bellies.

Muscle Maturity: The abilty of the body to continue to show clarity of definition between muscle groups as the body grows over time.
More to the point, it is anti-palumboism. Someone like Levrone clearly maintained deep cuts and striations even though his whole physique grew larger over his career.

As an example of bad muscle maturity are BBs who grow ever larger and the cuts wash out and they get a "thick skin" look. Like Ronnie has now vs. the early 90s, and Branch W has, and of course in extreme cases, like Kovacs or Palumbo.

Your welcome.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2008, 08:20:57 AM »
My muscles are very mature.the other day I was drinking with friends at a bar.
when one my buddies was about to sit down I was gonna pull the chair away at the last second.right before I did it my right pec said "dude that not a very mature thing to do"

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2008, 12:59:04 PM »
We hear so many *pros* and *experts* mentioning the elusive enigma called muscular maturity. What is it exactly? What is this mysterious "thing" that comes with training longevity? Furthermore, if one is a natural, does he have more muscular maturity over the years? Also, if one has a long layoff from training or suffers an unfortunate injury that prevents him from training and hence he loses a lot of muscle, does this mysterious muscular maturity automatically reapper when one starts training again, or does one need to take years to obtain it again, or does it miraculously reapper with the other equally mysterious so-called "muscle memory?"
 So, what exactly is muscular maturity?

(determinator:official getbig big6 member)

As you mature from youth into your late thirties to forties, the bounds between actin and myosin in your muscles become less spaced, resulting in a " tighter"  look to your muscles. A good example of muscle maturity would be Ronnie Coleman. At the 2005 Mr.Olympia he was 41 going on 42, and his muscle maturity set him apart from the young men in their late twenties and early thirties who were trying to beat him.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2008, 03:51:51 PM »
My muscles are very mature.the other day I was drinking with friends at a bar.
when one my buddies was about to sit down I was gonna pull the chair away at the last second.right before I did it my right pec said "dude that not a very mature thing to do"

that's what i thought. i felt i achieved muscle maturity when i stopped using the pull my finger gag.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2008, 04:18:17 PM »
when I was 19, a 16 year old kid at the gym told me that I had great muscle maturity.  :-\

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2008, 03:13:43 AM »
Some of those later respones are great and go a long way to explaining the phenomenon. The earlier posters were just clueless, but just pretend otherwise.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2008, 04:35:09 AM »
Some of those later respones are great and go a long way to explaining the phenomenon. The earlier posters were just clueless, but just pretend otherwise.

Pot, have you met kettle?
P

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2008, 04:37:08 AM »
Pot, have you met kettle?
You were included in my indication of all-hot-air 11th tier posters.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2008, 04:42:23 AM »
You were included in my indication of all-hot-air 11th tier posters.

Isn't it interesting how you are always trying to create these little groups, with the purpose of ranking yourself better than others.... either you have huge self confidence issues, or a bad case of penis envy.

Which one "determinator"?
P

jwinn8705

• Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2008, 05:04:21 AM »
This is muscle maturity, this is from the npc nc state championships on april 19th, i placed second on the left at 21 years old, the guy on the right won at 40 years old, we weighed about the same but you can definitely see the muscle maturity he has over me.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2008, 05:17:43 AM »
jwinn8705, i wouldnt call that muscle maturity. seems it was more to do with his ability to nail his conditioning, especially as he is 40 years old. he likely has worked on it for a long time.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2008, 05:20:52 AM »
This is muscle maturity, this is from the npc nc state championships on april 19th, i placed second on the left at 21 years old, the guy on the right won at 40 years old, we weighed about the same but you can definitely see the muscle maturity he has over me.
Good shot. You are more than holding your own there.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2008, 05:25:41 AM »

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2008, 05:26:43 AM »
Isn't it interesting how you are always trying to create these little groups, with the purpose of ranking yourself better than others.... either you have huge self confidence issues, or a bad case of penis envy.

Which one "determinator"?
Again an incorrect remark. I challenge you to state when I am "always trying to create these little groups?" The key word here is *always.* The only so-called group that exists is the exclusive getbig big 6, with members consisting of 240, donkey, Howie, gh15, mars and myself. That is the only so-called group. There is no "always" creating of these groups :-\

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2008, 05:55:16 AM »
when I was 19, a 16 year old kid at the gym told me that I had great muscle maturity.  :-\
Did you tell candidizzle to buzz off ???
L

Moosejay

« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2008, 06:54:20 AM »

Excellent example...and you look great.

At 40, I placed 4th in the master's, beaten by Charlie Moss. who was in his 50's

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2008, 07:13:48 AM »
Determinator, judging from my reply above, would you say I have graduated from being an 11th tier poster to perhaps the 10th tier?

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2008, 07:17:09 AM »
Determinator, judging from my reply above, would you say I have graduated from being an 11th tier poster to perhaps the 10th tier?
With time and further study, you may accelerate through the ranks and find yourself in the 5th tier. Genetics will limit your progress from there.

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2008, 07:24:47 AM »
Excellent. Then I will continue to try and refrain from "epic" mindless posting and focus on quality.

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2008, 07:28:33 AM »

You guys are making this wayyyy too complicated.......

THINNER SKIN.....DENSER MUSCLES....end of discussion

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2008, 07:35:41 AM »
The great DJ SANTOS has the most mature muscles I have ever seen.  VOTE NOW!!!