Author Topic: What is muscular maturity?  (Read 7360 times)

Determinator

• Getbig IV
What is muscular maturity?
« on: April 28, 2008, 01:30:37 AM »
We hear so many *pros* and *experts* mentioning the elusive enigma called muscular maturity. What is it exactly? What is this mysterious "thing" that comes with training longevity? Furthermore, if one is a natural, does he have more muscular maturity over the years? Also, if one has a long layoff from training or suffers an unfortunate injury that prevents him from training and hence he loses a lot of muscle, does this mysterious muscular maturity automatically reapper when one starts training again, or does one need to take years to obtain it again, or does it miraculously reapper with the other equally mysterious so-called "muscle memory?"
 So, what exactly is muscular maturity?

(determinator:official getbig big6 member)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: What is muscular maturity?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 01:50:48 AM »
It's like "tie-ins". It can't be defined but it exists.  :D

Simple Carbs

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • I'm Phil's Easy Lover
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 01:57:13 AM »
We hear so many *pros* and *experts* mentioning the elusive enigma called muscular maturity. What is it exactly? What is this mysterious "thing" that comes with training longevity? Furthermore, if one is a natural, does he have more muscular maturity over the years? Also, if one has a long layoff from training or suffers an unfortunate injury that prevents him from training and hence he loses a lot of muscle, does this mysterious muscular maturity automatically reapper when one starts training again, or does one need to take years to obtain it again, or does it miraculously reapper with the other equally mysterious so-called "muscle memory?"
 So, what exactly is muscular maturity?

(determinator:official getbig big6 member)

I only have 2 posts but I know what that is.
how are you a member of getbig big6 and you dont know that. I think you should delete your account.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 02:01:50 AM »
how are you a member of getbig big6 and you dont know that. I think you should delete your account.
Okay, wise guy, if you are such an *expert," what is the precise scientific definition?

Simple Carbs

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • I'm Phil's Easy Lover
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 02:04:55 AM »
Okay, wise guy, if you are such an *expert," what is the precise scientific definition?

Its an enhanced look to the muscle. The clarity and defintion is greater that that of a novice and the muscle bellies are much rounder. Deeper striations and such.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 02:15:21 AM »
Its an enhanced look to the muscle. The clarity and defintion is greater that that of a novice and the muscle bellies are much rounder. Deeper striations and such.
Okay, but what about the point regarding if someone with this *maturity* has, for whatever reason, a long lay off, does it miraculously come back as soon as he starts training again?
Also, I'm a little wary on your point regarding "deeper striations" as being an indicator. Striations are as much a genetic thing as a conditioning thing. Take Cutler for example, he never gets shredded in the Heath, Greene sense, so does that mean that Cutler does not have muscular maturity, whereas Heath and other do :-\

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 03:27:58 AM »
I think muscular maturity is bullshit. It's not about the muscles, it's the SKIN! Nothing really happens to the muscles shapewise when you get older, but the skin does! It gets more flexible and more easily follows the muscles contures. You never see a young fella with good muscular maturity simply because their skin hasn't aged yet.

Also, you can only have that full mature ala Ronnie look for a few years before it goes overboard. Loose and defined skin becomes hanging and saggy which we're now seeing on coleman.
from incomplete data

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 03:31:34 AM »

The getbig big6 is a manifestation of his own imagination.  Thats how.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 03:37:04 AM »
The getbig big6 is a manifestation of his own imagination.  Thats how.

Here we go again, the ever wannabe *intelligent* rocket. I've made reference to your frequent idiotic comments on previous occasions on this board. The getbig big 6 is FACT. You are just another 11th tier poster that will always be an also-ran.

AVBG

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 03:39:02 AM »
It's something you wont need to worry about Determinator. Stick to being in the getbig 6

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 03:43:31 AM »
It's something you wont need to worry about Determinator. Stick to being in the getbig 6
It's quite amusing actually. A genuine question has resulted in only a few vague, but not definite answers. Really knowlegable getbiggers out there hey?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 03:45:32 AM »
It's quite amusing actually. A genuine question has resulted in only a few vague, but not definite answers. Really knowlegable getbiggers out there hey?

are there things, "determinator"?
P

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 03:47:38 AM »
Here we go again, the ever wannabe *intelligent* rocket. I've made reference to your frequent idiotic comments on previous occasions on this board. The getbig big 6 is FACT. You are just another 11th tier poster that will always be an also-ran.

I could respond with similar redundant attacks but sticking to the subject, are you not the creator of the so called Getbig 6?

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 03:48:15 AM »
are there things, "determinator"?
Indeed.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 03:52:20 AM »
I could respond with similar redundant attacks but sticking to the subject, are you not the creator of the so called Getbig 6?
The getbig big 6 was simultaneously "created" by the exclusive members, namely, myself, gh15, mars, 240, howie and donkeykong. It was almost a *sixth sense* that compelled us to act in the manner of saviours and keep the board alive with our collective wisdom and knowledge. I suppose that it is like muscular maturity, in that it is hard to define, but one knows that it exists.

Simple Carbs

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • I'm Phil's Easy Lover
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 03:55:20 AM »
The getbig big 6 was simultaneously "created" by the exclusive members, namely, myself, gh15, mars, 240, howie and donkeykong. It was almost a *sixth sense8 that compelled us to act in the manner of saviours and keep the board alive with our collective wisdom and knowledge. I suppose that it is like muscular maturity, in that it is hard to define, but one knows that it exists.

Like hard to know if your brain exists.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 03:56:59 AM »
Like hard to know if your brain exists.
Believe, me it does.

(Determinator:official getbig big6 member-live with it)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 04:00:33 AM »
The getbig big 6 was simultaneously "created" by the exclusive members, namely, myself, gh15, mars, 240, howie and donkeykong. It was almost a *sixth sense* that compelled us to act in the manner of saviours and keep the board alive with our collective wisdom and knowledge. I suppose that it is like muscular maturity, in that it is hard to define, but one knows that it exists.

Hahaha you think by associating yourself with Howie that makes you cool? Oh brother  ::)
With the exception of 240 you might as well call yourselves the "nerd herd". Talk about your misinformed schmoe syndrome.
P

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 04:03:31 AM »
The getbig big 6 was simultaneously "created" by the exclusive members, namely, myself, gh15, mars, 240, howie and donkeykong. It was almost a *sixth sense8 that compelled us to act in the manner of saviours and keep the board alive with our collective wisdom and knowledge. I suppose that it is like muscular maturity, in that it is hard to define, but one knows that it exists.

It is wonderfully cute that you are attempting to rise to notoriety with a fabricated squad of your own, but every time I read that list it makes me laugh.

Still, if this is satire, it is great.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 04:03:56 AM »

hey newbie.. just to spare you from melting down like Derek..

Posts don't mean shit... You can dig up a douch with thousands of posts and still can't bench properly
I am a mini beast

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 04:03:59 AM »
Hahaha you think by associating yourself with Howie that makes you cool? Oh brother  ::)
With the exception of 240 you might as well call yourselves the "nerd herd". Talk about your misinformed schmoe syndrome.
At the end of the day, this board goes down if we, the getbig big6, didn't post on here. Fact.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 04:06:47 AM »
Compare Vic M with Dennis wolf on the O stage.

Both are big, both are lean, both have all their water out.

Vic just has a look - his muscles seem to be etched a bit deeper.  Dennis might have some advantages... but Vic just has him beat in musc maturity.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 04:06:53 AM »
hey newbie.. just to spare you from melting down like Derek..

Posts don't mean shit... You can dig up a douch with thousands of posts and still can't bench properly
You miss the point of the getbig big 6. One of the "entry requirements" of the red carpeted club is our overall postal quality. Over the archives I possess postal quality is abundance, as do the other five members. It is not necessarily postal numbers that matters, but quality. That is where we shine.
To the original question: So what is muscular maturity?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 04:07:23 AM »
At the end of the day, this board goes down if we, the getbig big6, didn't post on here. Fact.

Yes.... your 500 posts have been crucial to the generating of traffic  ::)
P

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 04:12:26 AM »
Yes.... your 500 posts have been crucial to the generating of traffic  ::)
Indeed. I it is rewarding passing on knowledge etc, and the posts not only have external viewers to the board compelled to join up, but the big6 also keeps the existing ones still posting. None of us expect royalties, just appreciation for a job well done.