Author Topic: Saw Van Halen Concert last night - VIDEO PAGE 4  (Read 24143 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Saw Van Halen Concert last night
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 10:40:18 AM »
This is Guitar:

This is noise.

EVH has more musical ideas in a minute than this mechanical hack has in a lifetime

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 11:50:34 AM »

They may have been more crazy and spontaneous back in the day but as far as the music I think they play better now as they are not as stoned as they use to be.

VH today is not half the band it was in it's prime with either dave or sammy.  I've got hundreds of boots, ed's playing has been terrible for 90% of this tour compared to what he used to be able to do.  He's just off.  I've heard that the shows he's done since the tour has picked up have been really good but for the most part he's been way off and the extended solo spot he does has been terrible.  Even if you can't stand the stuff they did with Sammy go watch clips from Live without a net on youtube or the Toronto 95 PPV special and watch Ed play...he's just tearin it up back then...

Dave is Dave, he's doing a good job but what made dave special was his ability to tak to the audience, he was more of a personality than a "great singer" now he's not even allowed to do that cause ed and al call all the shots.

wolfie is servicable as a bassist but from what I hear there's alot of people who dont' even think he's really playing, rumor is alot of the bass lines are being pumped in.  I don't know if this is true or not but I have seen some pretty wierd video's.....

NAT AL AND THATS OK,as long as they get through it,who would have thought it would have lasted this long with dave.just have eddie at almost his best is still a sight ,guy is still nuts on the guitar,yes he misses notes but he still is the master.

it's in Dave's best interest to keep his mouth shut.  what's he done in the last 10 years before this?  Diamond Dave could be the worst CD in the history of music and don't even talk about his no holds BBQ DVD.....that guy is a fruit.  It's simple, Dave sees this as his last shot at glory, he knows he blew it when he left in 86 and he needs one last shot so he'll put up with Ed and Al's bullshit...Sammy and Mike wouldn't, that's why this tour is happening.  Sammy has money coming out of his ass since he sold part of his tequilla company for 85 million bucks..he doesn't need to put up with Ed anymroe so they got Dave on baord to kick around.

wait until this tour is over...dave is gonna have a field day.

Ed's a nut, really......if you've followed them like I have you'd see it, the guy is a freakin kook. 
nasser=piece of shit

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 01:42:36 PM »
Chronic sweepers are not guitar players  ;D

Shut yer mouth >:(

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 02:11:21 PM »

Shut yer mouth >:(

Silence there "rent-less" man.
Did your dentist grant you shelter?  ;D

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 03:03:06 PM »
This is noise.

EVH has more musical ideas in a minute than this mechanical hack has in a lifetime

Ha ha ha.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008, 03:18:52 PM »
Silence there "rent-less" man.
Did your dentist grant you shelter?  ;D

Debussey lives in the spaceship 50% of its time, but the price = some anal pain.

Sweeping and shredding = important.

Penis guitarists knowing the minor pentatonic box only can go fuck themselves >:( Stop supporting these spermers.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 03:20:51 PM »

Moosejay

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 03:23:30 PM »
Awesom TJ. Did not know David Lee Roth was back with them.

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 04:13:41 PM »
I've seen VH 3 times on this tour and can definately say it's not the same thing night after night. All 3 shows did have most of the same songs but in different orders. Even Eddie's solos are different. I was rather impressed with how good the shows were. I wasn't expecting much from Diamond Dave and am a Sammy-VH fan more than Dave. Wolfgang is good but he's not Michael Anthony. Would be nice to have seen the original VH but it is what it is......now just waiting til August to the the Boss and The E Street bands final tour together

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 06:47:58 PM »
how did Gary Cirone's voice sound?
Isnt David Lee Roth back snging with them?  ???

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2008, 05:16:34 AM »
I've seen VH 3 times on this tour and can definately say it's not the same thing night after night. All 3 shows did have most of the same songs but in different orders. Even Eddie's solos are different. I was rather impressed with how good the shows were. I wasn't expecting much from Diamond Dave and am a Sammy-VH fan more than Dave. Wolfgang is good but he's not Michael Anthony. Would be nice to have seen the original VH but it is what it is......now just waiting til August to the the Boss and The E Street bands final tour together

I ain't saying your lying and maybe I'm wrong but I've read a ton of reviews and the setlist is pretty much the exact same night after night, same songs, same order and from what i understand pretty much the same thing happens at the same time-dave brings out some big inflatable microphone or something  ::)

the only reason ed's solo's are different is cause he can't remember what he's supposed to be playing anymore :-\

here's the bottom line...vh is a shadow of what they were and what they are capable of being, try to find the bootleg of the atlanta show from the 04 tour, it is the most embarrasing conceert I've ever heard in my life and not because of Sammy or Mike or Alex...eddie is a complete mess.  I've heard he's been off and on, one show he's amazing the next he's waaayyyy off.

Ed flipped out years ago and he's never recovered and niether has the band.  What they've done to Mike is disqusting.

nasser=piece of shit

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2008, 05:19:40 AM »
Shallow al.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2008, 05:24:13 AM »
nasser=piece of shit

flex1

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2008, 05:25:18 AM »
tj i dont know why you allow yourself to deal with some of these people

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2008, 05:28:29 AM »
::) ::)  ok "flex1"...oh, brother.
nasser=piece of shit

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2008, 05:35:33 AM »
"Where have all the good times gone."

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2008, 05:36:51 AM »
"Where have all the good times gone."

all the good times died the day Ed Lefler passed away, that was the start of the destruction of Van Halen, if Lefler was still alive this band would be no where near the mess it is today.
nasser=piece of shit

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2008, 05:56:52 AM »
Yes, you've dealt with a lot of people, going by your post count.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2008, 05:57:54 AM »
all the good times died the day Ed Lefler passed away, that was the start of the destruction of Van Halen, if Lefler was still alive this band would be no where near the mess it is today.
I suppose that it is a bit like you on this forum, shallow al,--might as well *Jump.*

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2008, 06:10:16 AM »
I suppose that it is a bit like you on this forum, shallow al,--might as well *Jump.*

man, you're really trying to hard, move on to someone else who actually gives a fuck what you say...lol.

I really got under your skin the other day and I didn't even try...lol.  Wow.
nasser=piece of shit

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2008, 06:13:00 AM »
man, you're really trying to hard, move on to someone else who actually gives a fuck what you say...lol.

I really got under your skin the other day and I didn't even try...lol.  Wow.
Whatever you say, shallow al. Wasn't that the same day that another big6 member, donkey passed comment, during the same thread, that you're comments were/are idiotic and you soon ran away like a baby? Yes, that was the day, hey?

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2008, 06:16:10 AM »
Whatever you say, shallow al. Wasn't that the same day that another big6 member, donkey passed comment, during the same thread, that you're comments were/are idiotic and you soon ran away like a baby? Yes, that was the day, hey?

that was the day I had to spend some time doing some actual work so I couldn't camp out on the forums and make you look like a fool.

you're skills as my stalker are getting better and better.  Keep up the good work.

nasser=piece of shit

tjschoenborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2008, 09:59:48 AM »
Awesom TJ. Did not know David Lee Roth was back with them.

Yes i did.

I use to go to a lot of concert when i was young! (KISS, Billy Squire, Rush, VH, Boston, Stones, Heart, Ozzy...) I really liked the Vh concert, maybe it was because seeing the excitement on Jakes face of seeing his first concert of a band he loves. But anyway if they lost a step i did not notice or care, as Jake and I had a blast!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2008, 11:56:32 AM »
TJ.............im really glad you have a healthy happy son!
That being said.............i think you should have your testosterone levels checked,this whole "The look on my sons face was like a Rainbow on a cloudy day" crap just reeks of low testosterone levels and too high  Estrogen......The "old Tj" was mean,a ripped,shredded Uncle Fester with the Testosterone levels of a Raped Silver Backed Gorilla!

Go-Cart Racing.............Sunfl owers and Rainbows/holding your wifes purse while she shops = Gayer than clothes shopping at BEBE for yourself!

(ps: we miss the "old TJ"!)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2008, 01:17:40 PM »
TJ were you upset when Elisabeth Hasselbeck quit the View?