Author Topic: Do you agree with the equation: No drugs=No Pro Bodybuilding?  (Read 2082 times)

Determinator

• Getbig IV
Yes or no?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: Bob. Do you agree with the equation: No drugs=No Pro Bodybuilding?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 02:27:42 AM »
What an original topic   :o  ::)
No doubt about it...

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 02:28:45 AM »
What an original topic   :o  ::)
Cheers. Mind you, I'd be surprised if you could solve any equation.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 02:33:09 AM »
Determinator, you're easily one of the top 6 most ANNOYING posters. I have never lol'ed at your posts ONCE and you never bring up any new or interesting points.. kinda like this thread. Now jump off a cliff, please. For the sake of evolution.
from incomplete data

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 02:35:50 AM »
Determinator, you're easily one of the top 6 most ANNOYING posters. I have never lol'ed at your posts ONCE and you never bring up any new or interesting points.. kinda like this thread. Now jump off a cliff, please. For the sake of evolution.
Yet another supremely intellectual comment. Very classy.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 02:38:22 AM »
from reading his posts, i'll answer for him. Yes, but the more liklihood would simply by a major drop off in fans/money.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 02:42:02 AM »
from reading his posts, i'll answer for him. Yes, but the more liklihood would simply by a major drop off in fans/money.
Thankyou, a sensible reply.
[Even though, by your username, I was not aware that your name is Bob, unless it is in *real life* of course.]

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 02:44:35 AM »
people wants to see drugged up freaks, no natural grashoppers.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 02:45:41 AM »
Thankyou, a sensible reply.
[Even though, by your username, I was not aware that your name is Bob, unless it is in *real life* of course.]

lol, its not, but like i said, that is the answer that i think Bob would give, from reading his posts. a few days ago he was basically saying how the fans want the beefy guys and not natties. so by that logic, they wouldnt want the ifbb (as much) if it went natty.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 02:46:24 AM »
people wants to see drugged up freaks, no natural grashoppers.

Exactly.
No doubt about it...

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 02:46:44 AM »
lol, its not, but like i said, that is the answer that i think Bob would give, from reading his posts. a few days ago he was basically saying how the fans want the beefy guys and not natties. so by that logic, they wouldnt want the ifbb (as much) if it went natty.
Yes, I agree with you.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 03:26:44 AM »
No drugs= No Pro Bodybuilding. No need for a question mark. It's as simple as that. What's your next thread: does summer come after spring? Do fishes live in water? Is the sky blue when the weather is sunny?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 03:31:18 AM »
No drugs= No Pro Bodybuilding. No need for a question mark. It's as simple as that. What's your next thread: does summer come after spring? Do fishes live in water? Is the sky blue when the weather is sunny?

There would still be pro bb'ing and pro bb'ers. The only thing is that they would look like a typical natty bb'er. The fan base would drop off. We see bb'ers who are near 300 nowadays, whetehr you agree with ther drug situation or not, its more interesting than a natty physique.

People wanna see the freaks, not 200lb natty's.
No doubt about it...

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 03:36:43 AM »
Almost no one would pay to attend "pro" shows with 200lbs "pros". Yeah, sure, there might still be an IFBB and pro cards given to "athletes" but Pro-bodybuilding would pretty similar to pro-Curling in that case, nobody would give a fuck (not that a lot of people do care for pro bbing nowadays already). And does pro-Curling" exist?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 03:41:16 AM »
Almost no one would pay to attend "pro" shows with 200lbs "pros". Yeah, sure, there might still be an IFBB and pro cards given to "athletes" but Pro-bodybuilding would pretty similar to pro-Curling in that case, nobody would give a fuck (not that a lot of people do care for pro bbing nowadays already). And does pro-Curling" exist?

That's the point i was trying to get across. It would still exist, but there would be next to zero interest in it.
No doubt about it...

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 03:46:20 AM »

Ehm, NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT BODYBUILDING!!! :D

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 03:48:22 AM »
True.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 03:52:56 AM »
I think the longterm answer the the equation: No drugs=No pro bodybuilding would be yes, the equation is satisfied. Why? As stated in posts above, yes, initially pro cards etc would still be handed out, but over time any interest in the *sport* would descend to nothing, with virtually zero people attending shows, guest posings etc, and even the getbig big 6 would not be enough to keep the board(s) alive. It would be like the universe where the amount of matter is less than (<) the critical density, and all that is left is a cold, dark future {however, with the advent of the fairly recently discovered so-called Dark Energy, which is slowing down the universe's expansion, and thus indicating that the mass of the universe is exactly equal to the critical density, the universe, and hence the *pro* bodybuilding circles may *just* go on forever, which could bring question to the equality of the original equation, addressed to Bob.}

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 08:55:48 AM »
Wel...looks like it's alreasdy been answered.

Pro bb could still be around, I'm sure it would draw the same amount of people/ interest that the Natural contests do...

Take out any element of any sport and it would most likely do the same...move the fences back to 500 ft., and lets see how the attendance drops off in baseball. Expand the number of guys on a football team to 15 on each side and watch the scoring plummet, as well as the fans...put a cap on speed at 100 mph at a race track, etc, etc.....

People want to see the biggest, the fastest, the strongest, etc.....plain and simple.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 09:30:21 AM »
What an original topic   :o  ::)

Must be Howie's gimmick.... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Re: Do you agree with the equation: No drugs=No Pro Bodybuilding?
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 01:31:20 AM »

Pro bb could still be around, I'm sure it would draw the same amount of people/ interest that the Natural contests do...

Take out any element of any sport and it would most likely do the same...move the fences back to 500 ft., and lets see how the attendance drops off in baseball. Expand the number of guys on a football team to 15 on each side and watch the scoring plummet, as well as the fans...put a cap on speed at 100 mph at a race track, etc, etc.....

People want to see the biggest, the fastest, the strongest, etc.....plain and simple.

Bob, are you worried about the possibility of serious allegations being placed on the ifbb, regarding steroid use in the sport?

how have you planned to combat this eventual situation?

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 01:39:11 AM »
Must be Howie's gimmick.... :-\
You are, by nature, nothing but a walking gimmick.

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 07:48:41 AM »

IF drugs didn't exist, people would still be able to see the biggest etc

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
Re: Do you agree with the equation: No drugs=No Pro Bodybuilding?
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 07:58:19 AM »
Drugged 260 pound Rec BBs sitting in the audience watching 200 pound Pro BBs on stage, I doubt it. :-X
Arnold For President 2012.2016

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 08:10:23 AM »
name the other 5.......lists are popular this week