Author Topic: CBS News: "Hostile" Iran Sparks U.S. Attack Plan  (Read 1144 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
CBS News: "Hostile" Iran Sparks U.S. Attack Plan
« on: April 30, 2008, 06:27:26 AM »
WTF is iran doing messing with our boats?  And calling for OPEC to drop the dollar.  And killing our troops. 
Sounds like they might be close to getting cooked for it

(CBS) A second American aircraft carrier steamed into the Persian Gulf on Tuesday as the Pentagon ordered military commanders to develop new options for attacking Iran. CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports that the planning is being driven by what one officer called the "increasingly hostile role" Iran is playing in Iraq - smuggling weapons into Iraq for use against American troops.

"What the Iranians are doing is killing American servicemen and -women inside Iraq," said Secretary of Defense Robert Gates.

U.S. officials are also concerned by Iranian harassment of U.S. ships in the Persian Gulf as well as Iran's still growing nuclear program. New pictures of Iran's uranium enrichment plant show the country's defense minister in the background, as if deliberately mocking a recent finding by U.S. intelligence that Iran had ceased work on a nuclear weapon.

No attacks are imminent and the last thing the Pentagon wants is another war, but Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mike Mullen has warned Iran not to assume the U.S. military can't strike.

"I have reserve capability, in particular our Navy and our Air Force so it would be a mistake to think that we are out of combat capability," Mullen said.

Targets would include everything from the plants where weapons are made to the headquarters of the organization known as the Quds Force which directs operations in Iraq. Later this week Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki is expected to confront the Iranians with evidence of their meddling and demand a halt.

If that doesn't produce results, the State Department has begun drafting an ultimatum that would tell the Iranians to knock it off - or else.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: CBS News: "Hostile" Iran Sparks U.S. Attack Plan
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 06:46:53 AM »

Ignore Iran and they'll go away.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 06:58:28 AM »
I guess a country should play it cool when they're got giant aircraft carries and submarines off their shore.

As much as I'd like to see the government in Iran go down, I don't want to see the US egging and pushing that country to the point where they have no choice but to give the US an excuse.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 08:16:25 AM »
Gulf of Tonkin Incident all over again.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 08:21:42 AM »
meh, nothing'll happen. can't afford another war right now.
It hasn't helped...

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 08:26:14 AM »
Just a friendly reminder that what the USA says goes.

That's how it is and has been for decades.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 08:33:40 AM »
Iran told OPEC to drop the dollar.  From that moment on, I've supported bombing them back to the 1500s.

They're trying to keep food from getting to our stores, cripple our economy.

They're trying to starve us while sitting on a pile of oil.  That's some BS.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 09:21:38 AM »
Iran told OPEC to drop the dollar.  From that moment on, I've supported bombing them back to the 1500s.

Certainly, IRan can present a bill for such services. After all, we're not Communists. But Iran must let us draw the water from the well.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 10:03:54 AM »
Oh geez.  We're geting killed by iraqi farmers throwing pipe bombs......imagine if Irans more technical weapons get hurled at us.   What a mess.     Like camel said, the admin is pushing them hard to take the first punch at us.....they might as the US is weaker than ever on Morale and money.  China wouldnt fund the war on iran, most likely.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 11:53:33 AM »

Stack those bodies higher and higher.  That's what they get. 

Our greatest foreign policy of the last 50 years for dealing with uncooperative countries has been either wholesale bombing of those countries or the starving of their children with sanctions.

That's the best our great minds can come up with.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 11:57:37 AM »
Stack those bodies higher and higher.  That's what they get. 

Our greatest foreign policy of the last 50 years for dealing with uncooperative countries has been either wholesale bombing of those countries or the starving of their children with sanctions.

That's the best our great minds can come up with.

Don't forget "invasion", under the guise of fear and false intelligence.  It's an oldy by goody   :)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »
Don't forget "invasion", under the guise of fear and false intelligence.  It's an oldy by goody   :)
If our Liberal Media would publish pictures of the aftermath of that Invasion, I wonder if some people would still be so damn gung-ho about killing these people for cheap gas for my gas guzzling SUV.

There's something in that equation that makes me want to puke.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 12:19:34 PM »
If our Liberal Media would publish pictures of the aftermath of that Invasion, I wonder if some people would still be so damn gung-ho about killing these people for cheap gas for my gas guzzling SUV.

There's something in that equation that makes me want to puke.

Add to the sum that equals willingness to do just that:  "radical Islam" being equated to Muslims in general and desensitizing through the media of violence in movies, TV and video games.