Author Topic: Super Delegate Race  (Read 487 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Super Delegate Race
« on: April 30, 2008, 08:35:43 AM »
Hillary still breathing. 

April 30, 2008
Clinton adds third new superdelegate in 24 hours

(CNN) – Pennsylvania AFL-CIO president and superdelegate Bill George announced his support for Hillary Clinton Tuesday.

“Hillary Clinton has the strength and experience to jumpstart the economy and rebuild the middle class,” George said in a statement released by Clinton's presidential campaign. “Working families in Pennsylvania overwhelmingly favored her in last week’s primary, and I feel that she is our strongest candidate to carry Pennsylvania in November and win back the White House.”

George, a Democratic National Committee member since 1996, had been actively courted by Clinton and Democratic rival Barack Obama in advance of his state’s primary last week. Clinton and Obama both addressed the Pennsylvania AFL-CIO convention earlier this month. Clinton defeated Obama in Pennsylvania's April 22 primary.

Obama adds a third new superdelegate in 24 hours

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Iowa Rep. Bruce Braley will endorse Illinois Sen. Barack Obama for president Wednesday, the fifth Democratic superdelegate to choose sides in less than 24 hours, an Obama aide confirms to CNN.

Braley, a first-term congressman who represents an eastern district that hugs the Illinois border, had originally backed John Edwards in the race for the Democratic nomination. He joins fellow Iowan and Democratic National Committee member Richard Machacek in publicly declaring his support for Obama this week. Machacek and Kentucky Rep. Ben Chandler both said Tuesday they were backing Obama, while North Carolina Gov. Mike Easley and Missouri Rep. Ike Skelton endorsed New York Sen. Hillary Clinton the same day.

Braley’s decision to support Obama was first reported Wednesday morning by the Des Moines bureau of the Associated Press.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Super Delegate Race
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 08:37:22 AM »
If I was a superdelegate, it'd be about who could send me the most $, hookers, and coke in the next 24 hours.

After all, I'd be a dem :)

(If this were a repub showdown, it'd be $, coke, and little boys that were in demand...)