Author Topic: Bush proposes $770 million for global food aid  (Read 1592 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bush proposes $770 million for global food aid
« on: May 01, 2008, 03:31:48 PM »
Raise your hand if you want to send $770 million to feed people outside the USA!

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
Re: Bush proposes $770 million for global food aid
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 06:13:52 PM »
“We can – and must – make it a
priority of our foreign policy to
commit to eliminating extreme
poverty and ensuring every child
has food, shelter, and clean
drinking water. As we strive to
rebuild America’s standing in the
world, this legislation will not only
commit to reducing global poverty,
but will also demonstrate our
promise and support to those in the
developing world."
-Sen. Barack Obama

http://www.borgenproject.org/globalpovertyact.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 06:23:13 PM »
Okay, so both Bush and Obama are all about giving almost a billion $ to other countries so they can eat, while we have hungry americans here.

Is hilary on board too?

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 06:30:46 PM »
Okay, so both Bush and Obama are all about giving almost a billion $ to other countries so they can eat, while we have hungry americans here.

Is hilary on board too?

They are all controlled by "New York money men"  ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 06:35:32 PM »
They are all controlled by "New York money men"  ;)

all that shit is above my pay grade.  I like hardball politics and arguing WTC7, but all of that 'who really runs the world' stuff goes over my head.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 06:38:45 PM »
all that shit is above my pay grade.  I like hardball politics and arguing WTC7, but all of that 'who really runs the world' stuff goes over my head.

Hahahahah "WT7."  I was hopoing you'd take the bait. Guess I had you pegged wrong.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 06:43:24 PM »
Hahahahah "WT7."  I was hopoing you'd take the bait. Guess I had you pegged wrong.  :)

I never had any interest in that stuff.  I like politics because it's tangible, it's 'today', and it's fun to debate.  That stuff about who 'pulls the strings', etc, is boring to me.  Too based in religion, too high level of economics and history that I frankly don't understand, and kinda boring. 

I like arguing Obama's inexperience vs. Hilary's lies vs. McCain's gaffes because it's tangible.  The other stuff might as well be a harry potter book as far as I'm concerned.  fantasy world.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 06:46:08 PM »
I never had any interest in that stuff.  I like politics because it's tangible, it's 'today', and it's fun to debate.  That stuff about who 'pulls the strings', etc, is boring to me.  Too based in religion, too high level of economics and history that I frankly don't understand, and kinda boring. 

I like arguing Obama's inexperience vs. Hilary's lies vs. McCain's gaffes because it's tangible.  The other stuff might as well be a harry potter book as far as I'm concerned.  fantasy world.

Hmmmm.....

So you agree that they all suck? I mean Obama is likable on a superficial level. But beyond that, I'm pretty sure that whoever is elected, it will be for one term ONLY.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 06:50:01 PM »
Hmmmm.....

So you agree that they all suck? I mean Obama is likable on a superficial level. But beyond that, I'm pretty sure that whoever is elected, it will be for one term ONLY.

Hilary is the safest bet - you know you're getting Bill part 2.

Obama is a BIG question mark - he could either fix it all, or be tested bigtime by our enemies.  Iran will act like such pricks to him.  Putin will play tough.  I dunno.

McCain will keep things how they are, with some small improvements.  Consistent world ass-kicking.  But the economy worries me - bush can't stop the slide, and I doubt bush II can either.

Sure, they all suck, but I think all 3 would do a good job.  They don't make it this far unless they'd do well.  Plus the team around them will make sure they don't break too much while in the kitchen.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 07:05:28 PM »
Hilary is the safest bet - you know you're getting Bill part 2.

Obama is a BIG question mark - he could either fix it all, or be tested bigtime by our enemies.  Iran will act like such pricks to him.  Putin will play tough.  I dunno.

McCain will keep things how they are, with some small improvements.  Consistent world ass-kicking.  But the economy worries me - bush can't stop the slide, and I doubt bush II can either.

Sure, they all suck, but I think all 3 would do a good job.  They don't make it this far unless they'd do well.  Plus the team around them will make sure they don't break too much while in the kitchen.

Well Iguess it's nice to hear some optimism. Personally they all make me sort of sick in my stomach.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 07:09:21 PM »
Well Iguess it's nice to hear some optimism. Personally they all make me sort of sick in my stomach.

they all love the USA.

they all pander to the media, to companies, to PC standards, because that's the only way the media makes them the nominee.

once in office, they'll all cheat a bit, all give breaks to donors, but all work their ass off to secure a good place in history.

As a note - bush is doing what he thinks is right - bases and oil control in the middle east.  And these things ARE important in the bigger picture.  The next guy needs to let that play out while focusing on fixing home issues like the economy and border.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 04:28:08 AM »
Are we going to have to borrow more money from China so we can give out 770 million to third world countries?  ::)

I want to hear the politicians support this when we have food prices in America sky rocketing and people already living paycheck to paycheck.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 05:33:46 AM »
Are we going to have to borrow more money from China so we can give out 770 million to third world countries?  ::)

Yes we are.

That's what shocked me.  The lunacy of it.  Iraq has a $30 to $40 bil SURPLUS.  Perhaps THEY can feed hungry people worldwide?

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 05:45:25 AM »
Yes we are.

That's what shocked me.  The lunacy of it.  Iraq has a $30 to $40 bil SURPLUS.  Perhaps THEY can feed hungry people worldwide?

40 BILLION FRAKING DOLLARS.

Why should they pay for their own "freedom" if we keep doing it?!  >:(

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 08:37:48 PM »
40 BILLION FRAKING DOLLARS.

Why should they pay for their own "freedom" if we keep doing it?!  >:(

thats why i keep reasoning this has to be intentional.  Why are we destroying our economy while iraq has 40 billion in the bank and growing........frustrati ng as hell...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 10:00:24 PM »

thats why i keep reasoning this has to be intentional.  Why are we destroying our economy while iraq has 40 billion in the bank and growing........frustrati ng as hell...

Because in order to usher in the NWO, crushing the nation most favourably positioned to oppose it is an imperative.

Once the USA crumbles, it will have a domino effect that circumnavigates the globe.

The price of freedom IS eternal vigilance, and many Americans have been asleep at the wheel.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 10:11:13 PM »
Raise your hand if you want to send $770 million to feed people outside the USA!
Raise your hand if you want to keep allowing corporations and THEIR masters to bring us to this point.  Don't worry, that money won't actually tranfer to people being fed.  It will transfer to them being owned and.... worse....

So it was written so...

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 07:21:29 AM »
And where the hell is it in our budget to do this???

I'm all for helping people in any country, but at this time?  Christ, where the hell is our fiscal responsibility?
A balanced budget????

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 08:02:38 AM »
none of the candidates will talk about cutting spending.

because the second they list the programs they cut, they'll lose that voting block.

Even if they vow to cut some worthless bridge to nowhere, or silly research project, the media will hop on it and show the poor victims.... the ad execs losing their houses, the scientists losing their income...

then, the voting public will say 'will obama be cutting my job NEXT'?

neither candidate will be specific at all until they win the general, about any cuts.  because ANYTHING they cut will result in tens of thousands of lost jobs for americans.  and if the service is then covered by an overseas company, forget about it... "mccain sent this poor old lady's job overseas... will your job be next'?

media and dirty political tactics, coupled with dumb people, make it so that nobody can list details of where they'll cut spending.  they both will - it'll be imperative to them having a slightly decent legacy not to crash the economy on their dime.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 01:11:50 PM »
Because in order to usher in the NWO, crushing the nation most favourably positioned to oppose it is an imperative.

Once the USA crumbles, it will have a domino effect that circumnavigates the globe.

The price of freedom IS eternal vigilance, and many Americans have been asleep at the wheel.

Exactly.  The fed just lowered interest rates again, this would be raising inflation under normal conditions.  The differences are that no one has the money or credit left to spend anymore......    hence.....(STAGFLATION)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 01:21:08 PM »

riiiight ..it'll never fucking happen...consider that idea as a pubic relations circle jerk..
carpe` vaginum!