Author Topic: When it comes to SIZE....  (Read 7770 times)

Moosejay

When it comes to SIZE....
« on: May 01, 2008, 05:02:26 PM »
Illusion is king.

Moosejay approved

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: When it comes to SIZE....
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 05:06:13 PM »
Funny you say cause those pics of Robby he looks huge but you can tell it's mainly illusion do to his muscle shape. My guess would be he goes about 218 in those pics.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 05:07:53 PM »

There's a link over at Mayhem about Rich Gaspari. In it he's posing with Ed Kawak and someone else. Ed looks GIANT. Always has to me.
Then you reference the IronAge post I've talked about quite a bit, and you see how much of an illusion Ed really is. Looks to be 250 onstage, and about 6' tall. Then you see a pic of him with someone of that size, and he practically looks like Gary Coleman.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 05:08:25 PM »
I give him 206-208 pounds.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 05:10:15 PM »
Funny you say cause those pics of Robby he looks huge but you can tell it's mainly illusion do to his muscle shape. My guess would be he goes about 218 in those pics.

Robby competed around 210#, except for one year where he dropped down under 200# because they had 2 weight classes at the Olympia in the old days-under 200# and over 200#.

Moosejay

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 05:13:03 PM »

yes...210-215

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 05:13:28 PM »
Robby competed around 210#, except for one year where he dropped down under 200# because they had 2 weight classes at the Olympia in the old days-under 200# and over 200#.

Unreal to look that big and be that lite.

Moosejay

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 05:13:47 PM »
There's a link over at Mayhem about Rich Gaspari. In it he's posing with Ed Kawak and someone else. Ed looks GIANT. Always has to me.
Then you reference the IronAge post I've talked about quite a bit, and you see how much of an illusion Ed really is. Looks to be 250 onstage, and about 6' tall. Then you see a pic of him with someone of that size, and he practically looks like Gary Coleman.

Yes.

Ed K...RIP

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 05:14:12 PM »
yes...210-215

So I wasn't too far off. Now, post some pics of your nurse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Moosejay

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 05:14:33 PM »

Hmmm...yeah, But I thought he always was over the 200...maybe in 79?

Stavios

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 05:15:09 PM »
my girlfriend always tell me not to worry and that size does not matter

looks like she is not lying  8)

Moosejay

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 05:15:34 PM »
Unreal to look that big and be that lite.

Robby is one of a kind

Moosejay

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 05:16:38 PM »
So I wasn't too far off. Now, post some pics of your nurse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Guess I owe you that much

Moosejay

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 05:17:12 PM »
my girlfriend always tell me not to worry and that size does not matter

looks like she is not lying  8)
;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 05:18:41 PM »
Guess I owe you that much

If you say so.  ;D

Moosejay

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 05:53:20 PM »
I recall Robby told us he was 208 pounds in the photos I posted of him here

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 11:20:39 PM »
it's all joint, insertion and muscle bellies. this is Matarazzo when they were claiming his arms were 23". mine were barely over 19" cold at the time and they look pretty close in actual circumference. he totally kills me in shape, which gives the illusion of size, as Moosejay states. look also at the size of Mike's cranium, which again makes his arms appear larger.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 11:30:50 PM »
if your arms look close in circumfrance, how is Mike giving an illusion of size? illusion = barely, if at all, being able to recognise the actual size/weight/whatever underneath the illusion.

and you're right, your arms do look almost as big as mike's. it's pretty easy to see that. mike isnt giving off much of an illusion in my eyes.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 11:42:55 PM »
if your arms look close in circumfrance, how is Mike giving an illusion of size? illusion = barely, if at all, being able to recognise the actual size/weight/whatever underneath the illusion.

and you're right, your arms do look almost as big as mike's. it's pretty easy to see that. mike isnt giving off much of an illusion in my eyes.

that's the thing; standing next to me, his arms don't look that big. mike is 100 times the bodybuilder i could ever be, but i look a similar size.  that's is the whole point of Moosejay's topic here.  when on stage Mike looks way more massive than me do to the tiny joints and insertion points. his arms being bigger than his head has as much to do with his head being small, but that is the theory of relativity at work.  my arms were too big at the elbow and shoulder tie-ins,, making a less dramatic flair and making my arms look unimpressive at a similar size.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 12:00:14 AM »
that's the thing; standing next to me, his arms don't look that big. mike is 100 times the bodybuilder i could ever be, but i look a similar size.  that's is the whole point of Moosejay's topic here.  when on stage Mike looks way more massive than me do to the tiny joints and insertion points. his arms being bigger than his head has as much to do with his head being small, but that is the theory of relativity at work.  my arms were too big at the elbow and shoulder tie-ins,, making a less dramatic flair and making my arms look unimpressive at a similar size.

i was only commenting on that pic right there, but you're right, onstage when he hits poses, his arms and body look freakishly big. much bigger than the photo. its probably partly because you also have wide shoulders and are turned more front-on to the camera than Mike, plus tight tanktops usually always give the impression of being smaller, add to the fact it's black, so you can't see the chest outline... you get the point. many factors in that photo as to why you match upto him sizewise, if not making him look small in some areas.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 12:13:36 AM »
Illusion is king.

you mean your 18" arms look like 16" ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 12:20:12 AM »
you mean your 18" arms look like 16" ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D

It happens.... :-\

My 17's look like 15's...... :'(
HAHA, RON.....

aleksandr1974

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 02:22:38 AM »
in the picture we see only the shadow of Matarazzo arms.
its not more than 20 inches,may be less...
if you want to see Matarazzo really monster 23 inch guns you have to see his pictures from EARLY nineties.
  he had only one competition that he looked unbelevable huge -no doubt that it was IRONMAN 92.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 02:32:19 AM »
standing alone, with good shape and a small head, matarazzo would look giant.

this explains why he was so incredible in ads/magazine pieces, yet dwarfed onstage.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 02:34:31 AM »
it's all joint, insertion and muscle bellies. this is Matarazzo when they were claiming his arms were 23". mine were barely over 19" cold at the time and they look pretty close in actual circumference. he totally kills me in shape, which gives the illusion of size, as Moosejay states. look also at the size of Mike's cranium, which again makes his arms appear larger.
he looks kinda off there though.