Author Topic: Canseco loses home to foreclosure  (Read 743 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Canseco loses home to foreclosure
« on: May 02, 2008, 02:36:59 AM »
Canseco Loses Home to Foreclosure

2008-05-01
LOS ANGELES (May 1) - Former U.S. baseball star Jose Canseco said on Thursday he had lost his California mansion to foreclosure -- one of the first celebrities to publicly admit being a statistic in the U.S. housing crisis.

"I do have a judgment on my home and it to me is very strange because it didn't make financial sense for me to keep paying a mortgage on a home that was basically owned by someone else," he said.

Canseco  sympathized with the millions of other Americans who have already lost, or face losing their homes, because of soaring interest rates on sub-prime loans.

"I decided to just let it go," he said.

NT

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Canseco loses home to foreclosure
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 02:46:18 AM »
good point... lots of celebrities live well beyond their means.  wait till we see more and more stars deciding to "just let it go" as canseco said.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 04:44:05 PM »
good point... lots of celebrities live well beyond their means.  wait till we see more and more stars deciding to "just let it go" as canseco said.

There's a lot of them already.

A friend of mine owns a real estate agency that specializes in selling exclusive estate properties for those in need of discretion. Previously, the majority of his clients were old world aristocracy, lots of titles but no cash.
Now he's picked up quite a few celebrity clients as well. How do you think I got my place in Malibu?
w

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 07:08:01 PM »
  Serves him right for being a rat.

Alex23

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 07:20:30 PM »
posted earlier on the G&O... 5 minutes of your life you've spent font manipulating to make it look important that you'll never see again.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 08:01:55 PM »
posted earlier on the G&O... 5 minutes of your life you've spent font manipulating to make it look important that you'll never see again.

5 MINUTES!!! :o  Holy crap Neuro, is it true?  you must be mildly retarded taking 5 minutes to hit the bold button three times...  Kudos for getting in an underline at 4min 58sec  :D