Author Topic: How many here are pro Hillary?  (Read 3220 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: How many here are pro Hillary?
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 06:32:46 PM »
I agree.

My nation has very minimal government interference. Our standard of living is on par with the rest of the 1st world, in some ways we get good perks though [free laptops for all students, college fees partially paid etc]. We don't give welfare out too easily, you pretty much have to really qualify by being disabled, pensioner etc. My gov is funded mostly by offshore incorporations of companies seeking lower taxes, heavy tax on tourists etc.

We pay zero income tax, not a red cent. Not saying this can work for every country, but as someone myself who took the hard path, and worked my ass off to get where I am today, I would be annoyed if I had to pay massive sums to support others who choose not to work as hard as I did [not saying that is factual, but thats how I see it].

As far as the question, Hillary I do like to see doing her thing. It is good to see a woman breaking through the highest glass ceiling possible. That said, thats as far as I go lol, she would not get my vote.

What she's done to get to where she's at today is something no good woman - or human being, for that matter - can be proud of. 

Thank god for Rush!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 09:10:44 PM »
No, I think the LMAO, is on you... How many people fit this bill: "his style, speaking, ability to motivate people"  ::)  Let me pull a couple names out of a hat here and let's see who else is like Manson according to you...  uh.. Reagan?  Yup...  Arnold, sure.  wouldn't be hard to keep going.

no now it's on you. Regan was no fool, and he certainly had some power plans and a desire for hegemony and us domination, his swagger was not one of cult personality. Arnold has always had a following, and he has not done all that well as gov, your point is lol?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2008, 11:22:37 PM »
I like Obama the best actually- his style, speaking, ability to motivate people, etc...but I am very fearful as a small business owner.  Its very hard surviving on our own here without raising taxes, increased capital gains taxes, employer mandated health coverage, increased job & family services taxes, etc. 

His idea of redistribution of wealth is not fair.  It will end up hurting common professionals who worked very hard.  We need to reign in the large company executives, not people making $80-$200K per yr. 
If you look at his website, his solution to every issue is to increase funding for and increase the federal gov's involvement in "insert program". 
-If he was more moderate, I would vote for him because I like his style.  Besides the Rev Wright issue which gives an idea of his personal history, these other issues are exponentially more important.  He is too far left wing!  We need a moderate from either party.

I agree with most of this.  I gave him a hard look, but when you cut through the impressive rhetoric, he really is about the redistribution of wealth.  Also, he would not be a friend of the business community. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2008, 11:27:18 PM »
I agree.

My nation has very minimal government interference. Our standard of living is on par with the rest of the 1st world, in some ways we get good perks though [free laptops for all students, college fees partially paid etc]. We don't give welfare out too easily, you pretty much have to really qualify by being disabled, pensioner etc. My gov is funded mostly by offshore incorporations of companies seeking lower taxes, heavy tax on tourists etc.

We pay zero income tax, not a red cent. Not saying this can work for every country, but as someone myself who took the hard path, and worked my ass off to get where I am today, I would be annoyed if I had to pay massive sums to support others who choose not to work as hard as I did [not saying that is factual, but thats how I see it].

As far as the question, Hillary I do like to see doing her thing. It is good to see a woman breaking through the highest glass ceiling possible. That said, thats as far as I go lol, she would not get my vote.

I've said this before, but sounds like a wonderful place. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2008, 11:35:48 PM »
I've said this before, but sounds like a wonderful place. 

You might want to start scouting property there, ...cause with Global Warming, ...hawaii may be underwater soon
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2008, 11:43:21 PM »
You might want to start scouting property there, ...cause with Global Warming, ...hawaii may be underwater soon

::)

http://honoluluadvertiser.weather.gannettonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=WEATHER01&ZipCode=96816

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2008, 12:38:17 AM »
::)

http://honoluluadvertiser.weather.gannettonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=WEATHER01&ZipCode=96816

Why would you post up a link with the weather report in Hawaii as any sort of response?

Do you think the current temperature in Hawaii negates the idea of Global Warming?
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2008, 06:05:33 AM »
I like her recent comments on Iran.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2008, 06:12:14 AM »
Why would you post up a link with the weather report in Hawaii as any sort of response?

Do you think the current temperature in Hawaii negates the idea of Global Warming?

BB has a brilliant debate strategy.

Throw a bunch of shit on the wall.  The room stinks so bad everyone leaves.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2008, 06:14:44 AM »
A rather stupid point - but has anyone else noticed Hillary's wardrobe choices?

She wore navy blue/black almost exclusively for the 1st year, then switched to weeks of bright sun yellow, then bright red. It seems all too regimented to be co-incidence. I wondered if she felt the brighter colors made her more approachable, or some crap like that.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2008, 06:23:33 AM »
A rather stupid point - but has anyone else noticed Hillary's wardrobe choices?

She wore navy blue/black almost exclusively for the 1st year, then switched to weeks of bright sun yellow, then bright red. It seems all too regimented to be co-incidence. I wondered if she felt the brighter colors made her more approachable, or some crap like that.

She switched wardrobe around 4 months ago, red is her best color.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008, 06:57:20 AM »
no now it's on you. Regan was no fool, and he certainly had some power plans and a desire for hegemony and us domination, his swagger was not one of cult personality. Arnold has always had a following, and he has not done all that well as gov, your point is lol?
no, it's actually on you, all you... What Reagan was is beside the point, I wasn't advocating his policy.. that he, during his election, filled those requirements listed is clear as hell.  You talk about his swagger not being one of cult personality.  We were talking about style.  The cult crap is from you, not me.  What he listed "his style, speaking, ability to motivate people" can indeed be applied harmlessly to many.  When someone says they like his style, it's pretty silly to say that translates to worship for the swagger of a cult leader. ::) With Arnold, again, nice red herring!  It has nothing to do with his current success or lack of.  The point is that he owns these traits--your point is? DUMB...  Now get with the program and drop the desperate diversionary red herrings.  They're not fooling anyone.

Your attempt to draw some comparison between the followers of Manson and Obama supporters is retarded beyond repair.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2008, 07:15:26 AM »
We agree Blanco, Iraq is a disaster.  Thats my biggest issue with McCain, he wants to "win the war", whereas, there will be islamic militants for the next hundred years.  We have to move towards diplomacy and scaling down the troops...also ask other countries for help (as NATO offered some time ago).

CQ, that does sound ideal.  I am all for welfare programs if they are instituted properly (the sick, the injured, handicapped, as a temporary hand up for disadvantaged), but our system is poorly regulated and abused.
I maintain that the gov should not raise taxes, they are high enough throughout the middle income ranges!  Stop spending and focus energy on regulating healthcare, oil and CEO/millionaire corruption.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2008, 08:51:32 AM »

Because you made an asinine comment that didn't warrant anything more. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2008, 08:52:52 AM »
Here is one Hillary supporter.   :)

Elizabeth Taylor Backs Hillary Clinton - Again

Friday, May 2, 2008 11:29 PM

LOS ANGELES -- Elizabeth Taylor said Friday she's supporting Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign, calling the New York senator a smart, strong leader.

It was a reprise of a previous performance.

In January 2007, the Hollywood legend and activist donated $2,300 to Clinton's presidential campaign, the legal limit for the primary, and called her a "very savvy and a smart leader."

Since that time, Taylor has repeatedly been listed as a Clinton supporter.

A statement from the actress on Friday, headlined "Endorsement of Sen. Hillary Clinton," never mentioned the 2007 contribution or her earlier statements in support of Clinton's candidacy.

It urged voters in Indiana and North Carolina, which hold Tuesday primaries, to support Clinton because she is "a brilliant teacher and powerful leader."

Why the sequel? Taylor publicist Dick Guttman said the actress "felt moved to make a direct appeal" to voters in next week's contests.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/elizabeth_taylor_clinton/2008/05/02/93042.html