Author Topic: Lets give the Barbarian Brothers some respect....  (Read 17847 times)

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
Lets give the Barbarian Brothers some respect....
« on: May 02, 2008, 06:38:11 PM »
Peter and David Paul are both great guys. They are a bit different personality wise and a bit eccentric. But they are good hearted guys that have seen all the good and bad of muscledom in California. They made some movies and are talented guys. But the big time was just not in the cards for them.
It is all a game of luck. They accomplished more than most bodybuilders ever have. And they are still trying to pursue their dreams. At least they are not quitters. Most people that try to pursue such goals would have given up many years ago. They deserve some respect even if you find some of what they pursue to be a bit strange. But in this world of muscles, I think that what they do is far from strange. At least they are not selling there asses for steroids or doing private posing, etc....I have known them for 15 years and they are very warm, smart and funny guys. It is too bad that so many people choose laugh at these guys and degrade them. 20 years ago 99% of us all would have killed to be them.

Boost

• Getbig V
Re: Lets give the Barbarian Brothers some respect....
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 07:29:35 PM »
Strong as Hell

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 07:48:33 PM »
What do you have to say to this?

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 07:50:47 PM »
Peter and David Paul are both great guys. They are a bit different personality wise and a bit eccentric. But they are good hearted guys that have seen all the good and bad of muscledom in California. They made some movies and are talented guys. But the big time was just not in the cards for them.
It is all a game of luck. They accomplished more than most bodybuilders ever have. And they are still trying to pursue their dreams. At least they are not quitters. Most people that try to pursue such goals would have given up many years ago. They deserve some respect even if you find some of what they pursue to be a bit strange. But in this world of muscles, I think that what they do is far from strange. At least they are not selling there asses for steroids or doing private posing, etc....I have known them for 15 years and they are very warm, smart and funny guys. It is too bad that so many people choose laugh at these guys and degrade them. 20 years ago 99% of us all would have killed to be them.

Twin Sitters is a theatrical masterpiece!

How they did not get at least NOMINATED for the Oscar is proof that the B. Brothers are discriminated against.

Double Trouble was also very high on my all time Top 10 list of movie blockbusters.  ::)

Alex23

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 07:51:39 PM »
That's not what Lyle Alzado said...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 07:51:49 PM »
Twin Sitters is a theatrical masterpiece!

How they did not get at least NOMINATED for the Oscar is proof that the B. Brothers are discriminated against.

Double Trouble was also very high on my all time Top 10 list of movie blockbusters.  ::)
hahahaha, don't forget DC Cab. ;D

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 08:49:23 PM »
They were monsters 25 years ago. Haven't done much for the sport since then.

Thealmightyronald

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 08:53:30 PM »
They're definitely cool guys... it's just that they're nuttier than squirrel shit.  :)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 12:33:18 AM »
Twin Sitters, Double Trouble and The Barbarians are great movies.  I promoted Double Trouble for them in Hawaii.  We had a blast.  They are very talented and smart.  When they sang the Harley song at Hilo High it was great.  Davids agent moved to Kona a few years back and she just died last year.  The funny thing is they were not IFBB pros yet made more money than 99% of them from being bodybuilders.  It just goes to show you that you DO NOT have to be an IFBB pro to make money from BB.  In fact being and IFBB in a very small way does anything to help you make money.  You can easily make more being a BB without being an IFBB member.

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 01:05:50 AM »
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 08:22:17 AM »

Hahaha, he sent me this:

"you have a beautiful heart and a beautiful soul and you do not play the un holy wood role

3 mai 2008

I want to more than declare that you will be winning and more than grinning when you get back up here in the one and only dear and clear and then for your next more than great lifetime down there! And im going to give you a more than revealing healing that will have you more than dancing on the ceiling! Pun intended! But once you feel more than better letter to letter if you don’t tell everyone about your more than revealing healing and where it came from me and sweeter peter palpin then you will get your more than sickness back plus fifty percent more shoot but no score and more sore! So if you want to enter this more than open door that you will more than adore and you will become part of folk lore, then write back this cat in the hat at theknightofthelight@gmail.com, and we can more than start that healing bomb! And if you can find any pro athlete that has a career ending tear, that wants to be made better letter for letter then let him go to http://knight.of.the.light.tripod.com and turn on all those more than revealing and healing bombs under guest book sign ins and miracle of the day, and turn on that more than healing revealing display, and know that peter palpin is the one and only true yogi master healer guru and clear channel to me the ONE AND ONLY that will take lie detector test after lie detector test to more than attest to any of this, cause they are 99.9999999 percent sent from heaven accurate! And then let them go see we heal a boy that was born blind and you more than know a healing book like that is more than impossible to find! So go to myspace.com//theknightofthelight and turn on that more than healing video light! And realize that the father little blind boy and even the translator are both lying about the entire thing, which only works even more in our behalf as these more the ugly and smugly liars try to cover up the more than obvious facts of the more than revealing healing from this cat in the hat! And for those who don’t want to watch art from the heart tell them just to speed up t0 the more than important parts where more than obviously the boy can not see! And the part when I the one and only am more than obviously am moving him the way I move peter palpin! And then go to the end where it’s more than obvious the boy can see like you and petie! So if you want all this to happen just love tact sweeter peter palpin! But if the star athlete wants his or her more than revealing healing they will have to pay for peter to fly there in person, so we can be more than dispersing their more than revealing healing...and they will have to give a more than big donation one nation under God not under Fraud, but it wont be till after their more than revealing healing that will have them more than dancing on the ceiling! Pun intended peter send it."

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 10:10:40 AM »
Since you know them is there recreational drug use in the picture? You gotta admit these videos are bit bizarre to say the least.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 09:20:40 AM »
Strong as Hell

The bar is loaded to 365 pounds. Yes, very strong. David and Peter were huge and freakishly strong. And this was in the early-mid-80s! 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 12:33:11 PM »
Robert Goulet looking jacked in the background there. Who knew he lifted? Man of many talents.
ROFL!!!!! ;D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 12:51:27 PM »
 :D

JayLS1-327

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 01:03:40 PM »
tell your mother i'll be over early tonight.
You staying at her trailer park too ? 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 01:13:50 PM »
Robert Goulet looking jacked in the background there. Who knew he lifted? Man of many talents.

Pete "1500mg per day" Grymkowski  :D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 01:18:47 PM »

more than that ;D

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »
more than that ;D

The man only slept 3-4 hours a night. FACT.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 02:49:10 PM »
tell your mother i'll be over early tonight.

I wonder if it stings Squad to read all his posts back now. 

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 03:46:18 PM »

PER DAY???

more than that ;D

How much more?????

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 03:49:18 PM »

well saidy beefy im with you on this one all teh way beefy

Z

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 06:15:45 PM »
absolutely the Barbarians are awesome

way ahead of their time

blazing their own trail..................o thers meekly tried to follow

brutal strength and training

great movies

anyone have any info on their background.............. ......where they originated from etc

do they still train @ Golds today?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 06:33:41 PM »
absolutely the Barbarians are awesome

way ahead of their time

blazing their own trail..................o thers meekly tried to follow

brutal strength and training

great movies

anyone have any info on their background.............. ......where they originated from etc

do they still train @ Golds today?

You have to admit (even Chic has too) the twins made more success with fame and money than just about any other BB than Arnold.  And NOT just in the BB industry but outside of it.  Something Ronnie, or most any other IFBB pro BB ever have.  What it shows is that the IFBB is NOT the only way a BB can make money.  So why subject yourself to such restriction being with the IFBB. 

No matter what they did with their money and how much they lost and blown over the years they were world famous (crowd stoppers) and did very well for themselves.  If they would have played their cards rights they could still be as huge as they once were.  An example on how they shot themselves in the foot; they signed to do a film back in the early 90's.  If I recall the pay was $360,000 for the both of them for a 4 week shoot in Afghanistan (if I recall).  That was right around Desert Storm or whatever.  They negotiated being paid up front (good thing).  Well they decided they didn't want to go because of the war (bad thing).  Now this is something I heard first hand so it is pretty safe to say it is true.  But things like that don't go down to well in that industry.  I may be a little skewed on something here or there but that is what happened generally speaking.  they are friends of mine we were like brothers back then and then we just lost contact.  I talk to David every once in awhile and Peter too.  but, I have gotten so busy and they have so many things going on I get all mixed up when they tell me what they are doing.  The are great guys and we have had a lot of fun together.  And I wish them nothing but the best.  the are very smart guys.  Just a bit eccentric. 

SHRREDDitUP

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 06:39:07 PM »