Author Topic: Star Jones  (Read 8327 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Star Jones
« on: May 03, 2008, 06:52:05 AM »
What do you all think about this woman? 

Remember, she was on The View then lost a ton of weight via surgery, but she would not admit it; she called it a "medical intervention."  Rosie O'Donnel picked a fight with her by outing her for having bariatric surgery (gastric bypass).  Star originally credited diet and exercise for her weight loss.

She trumpeted her impending marriage with Al Reynolds (a well known bi/gay guy) when she was on The View and got corporate gifts to sponsor her wedding but fell out of favor with ABC when she sold the exclusive rights to photos of her wedding to People magazine and would not allow The View to air any of her wedding photos.  Then they fired her from The View.  She landed her own show on Court TV but the show was cancelled after a few months.  Her marriage to her gay husband fell apart last month.  Now, she is rumored to be having an affair with young basketball star Dwayne Wade.

Oye!  And you thought you had drama in your life.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: Star Jones
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 10:46:33 AM »

Something really bothers me since she lost weight.
Not about how she went about losing it, though she should have been more upfront about it and those "in the know" could easily tell it wasn't by any natural means, as she stated.
She looks very odd, almost like she doesn't know how to carry herself around being in a thin body since she was fat all those years. I've always hated when girls are too skinny or skinny-fat, and their shoulders look like an Ethiopians. :-\ That probably bothers me the worst.
Well, actually, the worst is how she now carries herself like she's "the shit" but is really still just a famous nobody.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 12:17:19 PM »
What do you all think about this woman? 

Remember, she was on The View then lost a ton of weight via surgery, but she would not admit it; she called it a "medical intervention."  Rosie O'Donnel picked a fight with her by outing her for having bariatric surgery (gastric bypass).  Star originally credited diet and exercise for her weight loss.

I think she looks great and it seems like it shouldn't be other people's business that she had a bypass unless she wished to reveal it herself.  That being said if she originally credited strictly diet and exercise for her weightloss that seems a bit deceitful.  The term "medical intervention" seems like it's not really a lie and should have been an indication that she didn't want to talk about it.  I think what Rosie did was in poor taste.

She trumpeted her impending marriage with Al Reynolds (a well known bi/gay guy) when she was on The View and got corporate gifts to sponsor her wedding but fell out of favor with ABC when she sold the exclusive rights to photos of her wedding to People magazine and would not allow The View to air any of her wedding photos.  Then they fired her from The View.  She landed her own show on Court TV but the show was cancelled after a few months.  Her marriage to her gay husband fell apart last month.  Now, she is rumored to be having an affair with young basketball star Dwayne Wade.

Not sure why a woman would marry an openly gay man in the first place  ???

I guess I don't really have a strong opinion on Star but I really don't know all that much about her nor have I watched her at length on TV etc. 

Is the man she's cheating with married also?
R

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 12:31:26 PM »
If you want to have gastric bypass, cool go for it - but I am clueless why the woman lied so blatantly. I recall it well, she was melting so quickly and unnaturally and every time she was questioned whether she had the bypass, she straight up lied - when it was wildly obvious she had.

Can't put my finger on it, but something about her has always annoyed me. The obvious bypass, and refusal to admit it only made her more annoying ::)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 01:23:16 PM »
most of the things Rosie o Donnel does are in bad taste
TEAM Nasser

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 10:29:29 AM »
If you want to have gastric bypass, cool go for it - but I am clueless why the woman lied so blatantly. I recall it well, she was melting so quickly and unnaturally and every time she was questioned whether she had the bypass, she straight up lied - when it was wildly obvious she had.

Can't put my finger on it, but something about her has always annoyed me. The obvious bypass, and refusal to admit it only made her more annoying ::)

What annoyed me was she would push the "fat black chick"  thing down everybody's throats. Even came out with a egg and ham sandwich, and said, "it's true, eggs and ham are good for you". It seems like they wanted a loudmouth black woman, who was not as good looking as them. Although, I think she is 10x more intelligent than all those women put together.

Fact is, she is just like Oprah and likes to eat, because food is a comfort, she's got self-esteem issues that people try to cover up with food and Law School ;D
By the way, on the new pix, from the neck down, she is hot...

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 12:54:38 PM »
So many different ways to go here.

It's her body, it's her business.  To lie about it only means she wasn't comfortable telling the world she had it done.  Rosie shouldn't have done such a thing (outting her).  It was quite obvious that more than diet and exercise was "melting" off all those pounds.  It was needed for her health and she looks pretty good.  Although, I'd like to know and see how/what they did with all the extra skin/tissue as she was a very large woman.

I also must admit, I think facial she was "prettier" with a full face.
:D Weee

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 01:07:18 PM »
So many different ways to go here.

It's her body, it's her business.  To lie about it only means she wasn't comfortable telling the world she had it done.  Rosie shouldn't have done such a thing (outting her).  It was quite obvious that more than diet and exercise was "melting" off all those pounds.  It was needed for her health and she looks pretty good.  Although, I'd like to know and see how/what they did with all the extra skin/tissue as she was a very large woman.

I also must admit, I think facial she was "prettier" with a full face.

Well in her defense, it wasn't really a lie. If you have gastric by pass surgery, weight loss could be said to be attributable to diet. If her stomache is now the size of a golfball, ...she's not eating as much is she?

I agree with Laura, ...it's her body, ...it's her business. Celebrities should be allowed their privacy.
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 01:22:00 PM »
Well in her defense, it wasn't really a lie. If you have gastric by pass surgery, weight loss could be said to be attributable to diet. If her stomache is now the size of a golfball, ...she's not eating as much is she?

I agree with Laura, ...it's her body, ...it's her business. Celebrities should be allowed their privacy.

Normally, I would agree with you, but when your "profession" is a talk show and you spend all your time chatting up your life: friends, romance, marriage, kids, career, etc. and you make such big hey about your impending marriage it is disrespectful to suddenly clam up and claim "medical intervention" when you lose 100lbs overnight.  If a talk show host can't be honest then why open her mouth?  It would have been a different thing if she had never talked about her personal life but that is most of what she did on the show. 

I'm not trying to be a hater, but it seems like she offended a lot of people with her lawyerly lies and choice of words.  Again, she was a talk show host.  If you are going to talk then tell the truth.

Maybe she should go back to practicing law.  She seems desperate to be a celebrity. :-\

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 01:32:06 PM »
Just to clarify for Dwayne Wade....getting a blow job from someone who pays 2 grand to find out where you are so they can blow you isnt a relationship....she is just a really rich groupie.
L

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 01:43:46 PM »
Also, her head looks way too big for her body now imo.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 06:36:49 AM »
She should of just said "no comment" and left it at that. 

It's not a crime to have gastric bypass surgery so why feel the need to out her?

Who cares?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 07:47:29 AM »
Smoking HOT!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 08:06:15 AM »
She should of just said "no comment" and left it at that. 

It's not a crime to have gastric bypass surgery so why feel the need to out her?

Who cares?
[/b]

Because she was lying about it.  No one likes a liar and an obvious liar is the worst of all.

Look at Roger Clemens.  Same thing: an obvious liar. >:(
Remember when M. Jackson said he had only had two cosmetic procedures on his nose?   :-[
Remember when OJ denied killing Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown?  :'(

What you are lying about doesn't have to be a crime, but when you tell obvious lies and expect people to buy them you are asking for trouble: like being outed and humiliated.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 08:51:03 AM »
That is why I said she should of just said "no comment".  Then she is not lying.

I don't see why she should feel humiliated even if she lied and was outed.

Big whoop.  If this is the worst thing they can say about her then people need to get a life.   Asking for trouble for lying about gastric bypass surgery?    ::)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 09:02:12 PM »
LOL  Listen to this description of her wedding.

&feature=related

This is a classic example of someone focusing on the wedding and not on the marriage.  :-[

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 11:22:35 PM »
she looks like a pez dispenser

OH bay...you forgot to mention the $10k she refused to return for an appearance she never went to, and the 2 first class seats she changed the destination to, and the 5star hotel room she was given was changed to a different destination as well.  She won't own up to stealing that money!

trifling!

tasha

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 11:29:50 PM »
she looks like a pez dispenser

OH bay...you forgot to mention the $10k she refused to return for an appearance she never went to, and the 2 first class seats she changed the destination to, and the 5star hotel room she was given was changed to a different destination as well.  She won't own up to stealing that money!

trifling!

tasha

http://www.tmz.com/2007/11/02/star-jones-the-plot-thickens/

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 05:31:00 PM »
After watching her in that clip it's hard to like or feel sorry for her.  She was so "in your face" with her wedding and getting every freebie she could out of it... and for what?

Meanwhile she was lying again and again about her gastric bypass.  First she said it was portion control and pilates... then she called it a "medical intervention."  I hope she got what she wanted out of that 'marriage' as I doubt she could find another man to marry her.

;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »
I read that shortly after this aired on TV, Star Jones was so humiliated and mad that she sued the network and forced them to pull it off the air; FOX is not allowed to air this skit on TV anymore even in reruns.  Fortunately, it is preserved on youtube for posterity.

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 08:15:31 AM »
Maybe you really have to dislike her to think that clip is funny ???
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 12:26:56 PM »
Maybe you really have to dislike her to think that clip is funny ???

There's not much to like about her.
:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 03:17:07 PM »
There's not much to like about her.

I have no opinion on her one way or the other, really, but that clip was just generally lacking in funny imo.  Maybe just not my kind of humor or something.
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 04:43:13 PM »
did it just bring back bad memories, Miss Bigfoot?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2011, 08:01:14 AM »
did it just bring back bad memories, Miss Bigfoot?

Of trying to stuff a ham in a shoe?
R