Author Topic: Chris Paul: Were does he rank now in the heirarchy?  (Read 4303 times)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: Chris Paul: Were does he rank now in the heirarchy?
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 08:38:08 AM »
He should be at the line about 20 times every game.  The refs don't give him quite a few calls, which is why he led the league in technicals this year. 

I agree, Kobe does not get the calls warranted by his stature.  He is almost the Anti-Jordan in this respect.  For example: Game 4 2002 Western Conference finals against the Kings, remember the famous Horry three point miracle winning shot with 11 seconds left?  Set up because Kobe went up for a layup and was clearly hacked with no call.  Jordan would have gotten the call for sure.  (Now I'm not complaining because that would have meant overtime instead of a win on the way to a third straight championship!).

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 09:47:51 PM »
You guys have to be kidding me that Kobe doesn't get enough calls his way. Lebron should probably get to the line 30 times a game then.

Being out of control moving towards the basket every other play shouldn't get you many calls no matter who you are. I think there should be more no-calls in the NBA if anything. Defenses can't even hand check anymore yet Kobe and Manu are allowed to carry the ball like they are playing football.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 09:50:26 PM »
You guys have to be kidding me that Kobe doesn't get enough calls his way. Lebron should probably get to the line 30 times a game then.

Being out of control moving towards the basket every other play shouldn't get you many calls no matter who you are. I think there should be more no-calls in the NBA if anything. Defenses can't even hand check anymore yet Kobe and Manu are allowed to carry the ball like they are playing football.

You're in denial pal, Kobe is not "out of control" LeBroin is the one that carries the ball like Walter Payton.  Go back to the dark ages, Kobe hater, he is the hands down MVP.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 09:57:45 PM »
You're in denial pal, Kobe is not "out of control" LeBroin is the one that carries the ball like Walter Payton.  Go back to the dark ages, Kobe hater, he is the hands down MVP.

I think he deserves the MVP. I like Jordan too but you have to have to be crazy to think that they don't get more calls than of the other "Superstars"

Just because you are a myopic Laker fan doesn't dispute this fact.

It's funny how the Laker fans booed Kobe the first game this season and now they are riding his nuts  :-\

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 10:10:02 PM »
I think he deserves the MVP. I like Jordan too but you have to have to be crazy to think that they don't get more calls than of the other "Superstars"

Just because you are a myopic Laker fan doesn't dispute this fact.

It's funny how the Laker fans booed Kobe the first game this season and now they are riding his nuts  :-\

Being in LA, I see many more Laker games than the national audience.  Sorry, IMO, Kobe does not get the calls due his status.  The evidence is in the "frustration technicals" Kobe gets called for.  I don't know if its is the Rape case, the Shaq controversy, the refs do not like him, it is very well known among those in the know,

You say "Myopic," I say "Observant."

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2008, 10:18:28 PM »
Being in LA, I see many more Laker games than the national audience.  Sorry, IMO, Kobe does not get the calls due his status.  The evidence is in the "frustration technicals" Kobe gets called for.  I don't know if its is the Rape case, the Shaq controversy, the refs do not like him, it is very well known among those in the know,

Being a Laker fan makes you biased and I also live in SoCal so I see them all the time. I blame the refs, not Kobe.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2008, 10:21:35 PM »
Being a Laker fan makes you biased and I also live in SoCal so I see them all the time. I blame the refs, not Kobe.

Me too, I blame the refs not Kobe.  I have eyes, I see the obvious.  Name the last MVP that led the league in technicals.  Having trouble finding one?  That's because it has never happened.  It was almost impossible for Jordan to get a technical, the refs were too busy swooning over him...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2008, 10:57:01 PM »

I agree.  I don't live in LA, but I watch almost every televised Laker game.  Kobe takes a lot of punishment.  He is rarely out of control when going to the basket. 

I probably talk to the refs as much as he does during games.   :) 

Shaq was the same way.  He took a lot of punishment when he was with the Lakers because he was so big.  He dished out a lot of punishment too. 

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2008, 05:06:04 PM »
I agree.  I don't live in LA, but I watch almost every televised Laker game.  Kobe takes a lot of punishment.  He is rarely out of control when going to the basket. 

I probably talk to the refs as much as he does during games.   :) 

Shaq was the same way.  He took a lot of punishment when he was with the Lakers because he was so big.  He dished out a lot of punishment too. 

Honestly I think the "star" calls is blown way out of proportion, it just doesn't happen like the casual fan thinks.  Im not saying it doesn't happen (bryon russel push off) but it is not as much as people think.  My favorite team is the rockets followed by the jazz.  I get the Nba package and watch all of their games plus usually like the game of the week for other teams. I dont think anyone gets hacked in the league more than Yao, booze takes alot of punishment too with no calls, and Im sure all of you who watch your favorite team see the same thing with your players.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 08:01:54 PM »
Honestly I think the "star" calls is blown way out of proportion, it just doesn't happen like the casual fan thinks.  Im not saying it doesn't happen (bryon russel push off) but it is not as much as people think.  My favorite team is the rockets followed by the jazz.  I get the Nba package and watch all of their games plus usually like the game of the week for other teams. I dont think anyone gets hacked in the league more than Yao, booze takes alot of punishment too with no calls, and Im sure all of you who watch your favorite team see the same thing with your players.

I agree that we all see what we want to see. I will admit that.

Complaining about the refs is useless because they are just so inconsistent with their calls.

That's what kills me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 10:00:18 PM »
I agree.  Seems like no player ever commits a foul.  They always cry when the ref blows the whistle. 

I have to say that since Kobe got his 15th technical, he has kept his mouth shut (out of necessity in the regular season) and he just looks like a better player because of it.  I wish they would all just shut up and play. 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2008, 11:24:28 PM »
I agree.  Seems like no player ever commits a foul.  They always cry when the ref blows the whistle. 

I have to say that since Kobe got his 15th technical, he has kept his mouth shut (out of necessity in the regular season) and he just looks like a better player because of it.  I wish they would all just shut up and play. 

Kobe gets called like a regular player.  I have no problem with that other than other superstars do not get called like regular players.  Call them all the same, but if not, give the Greatest Basketball Player on the Planet his due.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2008, 06:15:40 AM »
I don't think Paul is underrated though, isn't he a MVP fav?

He was 2nd in the voting, but the Hornets were hardly ever on (national) TV this season, which is why so few fans really knew what he was bringing to the table.

For my part, I saw New Orleans at the top of the West standings almost the entire season and couldn't figure out how they'd won so many games, because I never got to see them play.

He may be a wannabe thug at times, but that Paul kid can play.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2008, 06:16:16 AM »
Kobe gets called like a regular player.  I have no problem with that other than other superstars do not get called like regular players.  Call them all the same, but if not, give the Greatest Basketball Player on the Planet his due.
true! though jordan was light years ahead in his day, the refs loved him, there kids loved him too

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2008, 06:18:05 AM »
there's a simple way to defend paul

abuse his ass in the paint...

since the nba has transitioned to a no hand check, princess game, sadly this most likley will not be seen

::)

Exactly...which is what allows Tony Parker to 'dominate'  ::) in the paint.  Whatever.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2008, 09:33:57 PM »
He may be a wannabe thug at times, but that Paul kid can play.

Wannabe thug  ???

Seems like a pretty good guy to me.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2008, 09:49:32 PM »
Wannabe thug  ???

Great player.  The "Supercuts" hairdo has got to go, however!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2008, 07:25:19 AM »
Wannabe thug  ???

He's a little dirty sometimes.

He once popped a guy in the nuts with his hand because the other guy kept burning him.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2008, 09:30:04 PM »
He's a little dirty sometimes.

He once popped a guy in the nuts with his hand because the other guy kept burning him.

I remember that in college.

I don't think that makes him a thug though.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2008, 06:21:05 PM »
im a diehard spurs fan and i like parker but chris paul is BY FAR the best pg in the nba, FAR better than nash, on eof the best players ive seen in a long time period. extremely consistent as well.

that said, everyone counting out the spurs already? ;)