Author Topic: Analysis: The Wright effect on presidential race  (Read 2566 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Analysis: The Wright effect on presidential race
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 07:54:16 AM »

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 08:09:25 AM »

No, the issue is judgment.
Are Obama and Wright still going out?  What do you think they are thinking right now?  I wonder what Obama will wear to the debate?  You think he'll wear that crucifix given to him by Wright?

On this war thing, I agree with all those Democrats who said we needed to disarm Saddam.  Like these two men who wanted to be president:

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

The war isn't immoral.  The war isn't illegal.  Yes you need to get over it. 
I'm sorry Beach Bum, but the proverbial smoking gun was in the president's hand.  Only he could pull the trigger and shoot Iraq.  He had to get the authorization to invade Iraq from the UN Security Board and he did not do that.  He pulled the trigger without permission.

And pull the trigger he did, sir.

Pentagon hawk Richard Perle conceded that the invasion of Iraq had been illegal.
In a startling break with the official White House and Downing Street lines, Mr Perle told an audience in London: "I think in this case international law stood in the way of doing the right thing."

"Yes, if you wish. I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter from our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal."  Kofi Annan

The British Attorney General called the invasion illegal before it happened: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/28_04_05_attorney_general.pdf

."..the U.S. affiliates of the International Association of Lawyers Against Nuclear Arms (IALANA), supported an open letter signed by 31 Canadian international law professors released Wednesday that called a U.S. attack against Iraq "a fundamental breach of international law (that) would seriously threaten the integrity of the international legal order that has been in place since the end of the Second World War." " http://unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=1453&printsafe=1

There are literally hundreds of law professors that show the illegality of the invasion.

But what do they know about the law?

After all, we have Beach Bum's assurances that it's legal.

Decker

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 08:23:56 AM »
Are Obama and Wright still going out?  What do you think they are thinking right now?  I wonder what Obama will wear to the debate?  You think he'll wear that crucifix given to him by Wright?

I think they'll be going to another Louis Farrakhan rally on their next date.

``When Louis Farrakhan speaks, it's like E.F. Hutton speaks, all black America listens. Whether they agree with him or not, they listen,'' Wright said, adding that he doesn't agree with all of Farrakhan's views. ``He's one of the most important voices in the 20th and 21st century.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=auLACCcPCZYI&refer=worldwide

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 08:33:37 AM »
Pentagon hawk Richard Perle conceded that the invasion of Iraq had been illegal.

Beach Bum, was Richard perle wrong?

(cue a man with too much fear to answer)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2008, 04:00:44 PM »
Exit polls: Nearly half in both states say Wright an issue
Posted: 06:13 PM ET

Rev. Jeremiah Wright addressed the National Press Club in Washington, DC.

(CNN) – The Rev. Jeremiah Wright's reemergence as a campaign issue appears to have played some effect on tonight's contests, the newly released exit polls show.

In Indiana, 48 percent of Democrats who voted in the primary said Wright was an important factor in their vote while 49 percent said it was not. Those voters who said Wright was an issue overwhelmingly voted for Clinton while those who did not supported Obama by large margins.

The same is true in North Carolina. There 48 percent of Democrats said Wright affect their vote while 50 percent did not.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/