Author Topic: Obama promises military surge in Afghanistan  (Read 1187 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama promises military surge in Afghanistan
« on: May 04, 2008, 07:47:23 AM »
He'll pull his own surge in afghanistan.

he'll also go into pakistan - with help of their new govt - and he'll get osama and al quida that have had free reign there for the last 6 years.

Think about that.  For 6 years, we've been giving pakistan a billion a year and lots of $ and technology... they have not captured osama or top leadership.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Obama promises military surge in Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 08:08:00 AM »
It would be nice to have an actual intelligent man in the Oval Office who would persue those who are truly a threat to the safety of the American people.  ::)
!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 08:21:47 AM »
It would be nice to have an actual intelligent man in the Oval Office who would persue those who are truly a threat to the safety of the American people.  ::)

Benny I hope you are not insinuating that the great George Bush was an unintelligent man who ran off starting wars all unjustified with himself >:(

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 09:11:51 AM »

he'll also go into pakistan - with help of their new govt - and he'll get osama and al quida that have had free reign there for the last 6 years.

Think about that.  For 6 years, we've been giving pakistan a billion a year and lots of $ and technology... they have not captured osama or top leadership.

Since he has never been there and has no idea what the hell he's talking about..I'd love to see a plan first. Where is going into. I guess invading a sovereign nation is ok when ur a shitbag liberal. We don't need a surge in Afghanistan...we need the Nato troops already there to fight. There are more troops in AF now then in 01'.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 04:38:38 PM »
Since he has never been there and has no idea what the hell he's talking about..I'd love to see a plan first. Where is going into. I guess invading a sovereign nation is ok when ur a shitbag liberal. We don't need a surge in Afghanistan...we need the Nato troops already there to fight. There are more troops in AF now then in 01'.

Well dumbass. It would be nice to at least invade the correct country for once.  For 6-7 yrs weve been killing our troops for nothing accomplished but the destruction of 2 countries, including the US.

Of course us "Libs" wish the troops could come home and save over 4,000 lives unlike you.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 07:54:53 PM »

That'll help the economy. Lets do it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 07:57:45 PM »

I agree.  He really has no clue.  I wonder if he has even consulted with military minds before making these kinds of promises.  Coming on the heels of his pulling 1 to 2 brigades a month out of Iraq comments, I'd say he better associate himself with a credible military person in the general or he will lose a lot of voters.  

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 08:05:11 PM »
I agree.  He really has no clue.  I wonder if he has even consulted with military minds before making these kinds of promises.  Coming on the heels of his pulling 1 to 2 brigades a month out of Iraq comments, I'd say he better associate himself with a credible military person in the general or he will lose a lot of voters.  

Most of the credible generals have left.        All we have left is deepthroater petraus.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 08:33:48 PM »
I agree.  He really has no clue.  I wonder if he has even consulted with military minds before making these kinds of promises.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War_De-Escalation_Act_of_2007

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 08:36:11 PM »

It sounds like Bush is sending 7000 more troops to Afghanistan.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article3871915.ece

Obama is behind the times. Pakistan is negotiating to end their fight against the Taliban. I guess Obama missed the memo.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/03/world/main4068872.shtml
I don't think he understands the negotiations the Americans are having with Pakistan already. Pakistan is closing the Afghan refugee camps this year. This is supposed to help slow down the Taliban recruiting and sanctuary and has been a real issue with Afghan development.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7353051.stm

HH6, You are right about NATO countries not fighting. Germany has enough troops to reinforce Canada in Kandahar, however, no one but the US would help out. It really caused a shitstorm in Canada, It looked for a while like we would be leaving 09, I guess we wil be in south until '11 because no other nation would rotate in.
Z

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 04:42:30 AM »
lmao. Headhunter forgot to mention that pakistan wont let us in now anyways no matter what, that is why they have 19 year olds running districts they got rid of all US puppets this past election. Like a joker pointed out pakistan works with the taliban, jesus christ this guy makes the public out to be morons or either he is one.

Obama knows nothing, but what people want to hear, why would you surge into a country when we control 75% of it. And we just increased a surge with Britain to get rid of the last of the insurgency towns.

Fuking moron

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 11:57:02 AM »
I'm in Germany now and there is alot of debate about allowing the Germans to fight. The Brits i'm with are very embarrassed about Basra and aren't really getting the credit they deserve in Afghanistan. Its us, Holland, Britain and Canada. The Brits and Canadians are knocking the ass out of the Taliban out in RC East. The BBC can't get down there so we don't here alot about it. There is some great footage around of the Dutch kicking ass as well.  I will say that there are tons of Countries suppyling SOF forces. They don't want it publicized but most of the NATO countries have SOF forces conducting ops inside Afghanistan and doing well. The British Gurka's are kicking ass. I'd like to see the Legion over there. They are ruthless as hell.

Obama has an AF guy as an advisor.  Be very weary of people who surround themselves with AF guys. This is not that kind of war.
L

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 07:17:14 PM »
The Brits and Canadians are knocking the ass out of the Taliban

Last I checked the Canaidan military didn't even have a clear plan of what it is they should be doing over there.