Author Topic: Iran and Nukes  (Read 3580 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Iran and Nukes
« on: May 04, 2008, 10:15:17 AM »
Ok, I have to say something about the subject because I see things a different way. What is the deal with Iran going nuclear? I mean, their president has publicly stated that they need nuclear power to generate electricity, not to build nuclear bombs. Moreover, he's said that he would not mind a UN envoy to inspect their nuclear infrastructure to ensure the world that they were not using it for other means (building WMD).

Why is it so hard for us gringos to understand that the world does not belong to us? Why is it that we see the world in a different light from 99.99% of the world? Why is it that we allow ourselves to be whipped into a hate frenzy by Big Business?

I mean, Ahmadinejad is not stupid. He knows that the US has thousands upon thousands of nuclear and God-knows-what weapons of mass destruction to completely obliterate planet earth many times over, and that any move toward nuclear aggresion against the US would immediately mean Iran becoming a huge crater.

Would we even be having this conversation as to whether to attack Iran or not were it not for Big Oil's intentions to STEAL the Iranian oilfields?

Are we Americans this stupid?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Iran and Nukes
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 10:23:11 AM »

Yes.

"If it's on TV, it must be true."

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 10:55:33 AM »

No. Just the ones that think like you.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 11:01:15 AM »
No. Just the ones that think like you.

10 million sperm and you were the fastest one? That's some genes!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 11:29:25 AM »
I mean, their president has publicly stated that they need nuclear power to generate electricity, not to build nuclear bombs.

Must be true then.

Strange that you don't give Bush as much credit for the words he says.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 11:44:22 AM »
10 million sperm and you were the fastest one? That's some genes!

You're the one that started this stupid thread, not me.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 11:55:23 AM »
Must be true then.

Well, I do not know if it's true or not, but he is willing to accept the international community's monitoring of his nuclear program, so if he steps outta line, I agree on taking the "candy" away from him (even if he plays a Saddam on our inspectors). I do have a problem believing all this pre-emptive stuff an ex-cocaine addict from Texas is pushing on us though.

In any case, if he ain't telling the truth, knowing how trigger-happy our corporate representatives who rule the White House as of lately are, he is definitely an idiot. I mean, nothing would grow in Iran for the next 20.000 years so... he'd have to be major stupid to make such a moronically idiotic decision. 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 04:15:15 AM »
Well, I do not know if it's true or not, but he is willing to accept the international community's monitoring of his nuclear program, so if he steps outta line, I agree on taking the "candy" away from him (even if he plays a Saddam on our inspectors). I do have a problem believing all this pre-emptive stuff an ex-cocaine addict from Texas is pushing on us though.

In any case, if he ain't telling the truth, knowing how trigger-happy our corporate representatives who rule the White House as of lately are, he is definitely an idiot. I mean, nothing would grow in Iran for the next 20.000 years so... he'd have to be major stupid to make such a moronically idiotic decision. 

So, you simply give the guy the benefit of the doubt?

Even though he was exposed lying about things as small as having NO homosexuals in Iran?

You also believe that cure is better than prevention, not vice-versa, by saying if he does step out of line (by which time millions might be dead) he'll be sorted out? Lunacy!

It's simple in my opinion, Iran can have nuclear technology, once they elect a reasonable leader.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 04:36:15 AM »
I never understand why some nations decide themself who should have what. How can a nation run around with nukes but declare others can't? Many people think Bush is maniac, should the USA be disarmed? Pakistan seems unstable at time, they are nuclear - funded much by the USA I believe. Israel is constantly at strife - they are nuclear aren't they? China are known to be nutty and were huge aggressors in WWII, they are nuclear. South Africa built their nukes when they had apartheid, no one cared.

Really, I wish no one had nukes, but don't how some think it's ok for them, but not others.

Anyway, I assume it's a ruse for oil anyway.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 04:47:19 AM »
I never understand why some nations decide themself who should have what. How can a nation run around with nukes but declare others can't? Many people think Bush is maniac, should the USA be disarmed? Pakistan seems unstable at time, they are nuclear - funded much by the USA I believe. Israel is constantly at strife - they are nuclear aren't they? China are known to be nutty and were huge aggressors in WWII, they are nuclear. South Africa built their nukes when they had apartheid, no one cared.

Really, I wish no one had nukes, but don't how some think it's ok for them, but not others.

Anyway, I assume it's a ruse for oil anyway.

So, by that logic you think everyone should have nukes? Even the most politically/economically unstable countries in the world? That's simply a deranged statement.

The argument "they have them, so we should too!" is ridiculous at best.

China were huge aggressors in WWII? Maybe in another dimension but in this one they were part of the Allies and were attacked by Japan to maximise resources, plus Japan had prophesied they were to be the rulers of the east.

So please go ahead and explain to me other than the ridiculous statement "they have em, so we should too" why a president like that of Iran should be allowed nuclear weapons?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 05:09:05 AM »
South Africa built their nukes when they had apartheid, no one cared.

They just broke off from Colonial rule, but are still ruled so what they do is controlled.
Who do you think they bought the plans, and the construction materials from?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 07:18:50 AM »
So, you simply give the guy the benefit of the doubt?

Even though he was exposed lying about things as small as having NO homosexuals in Iran?

You also believe that cure is better than prevention, not vice-versa, by saying if he does step out of line (by which time millions might be dead) he'll be sorted out? Lunacy!

It's simple in my opinion, Iran can have nuclear technology, once they elect a reasonable leader.
Iran has the legal right to develop domestic nuclear power.

What's your reasonable solution?  Would it involve the US massacring Iran?

Gee, there was a time when we did give world leaders the benefit of the doubt.  Then George Bush ordered the attack of Iraq to disarm a disarmed country.  I remember that like it was almost yesterday.

Mission Accomplished! 

Iranian leaders might be crazy but they are not insane.  Why do you think Israel still exists?  If Iran had the irrational bloodlust to attack them, Iran would be utterly destroyed...if not by Israel then the US.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 09:16:33 AM »
Hahaha, this cracks me up. Yeah, we're the ONLY country that doesn't want Iran to have nukes. I think it's safe to say not one country in the middle east wants them having them. No one does. Maybe if they weren't financing terrorist groups left and right and preaching all kinds of useless banter they would have domestic nuclear power.

Can anyone honestly tell me they would expect Iran to not develop nuclear weapons? HAHAHAHA, good one.  ::)

The best part is the guy claiming that they won't do it because Ahmadinejad said so. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 09:41:04 AM »
Hahaha, this cracks me up. Yeah, we're the ONLY country that doesn't want Iran to have nukes. I think it's safe to say not one country in the middle east wants them having them. No one does. Maybe if they weren't financing terrorist groups left and right and preaching all kinds of useless banter they would have domestic nuclear power.

Can anyone honestly tell me they would expect Iran to not develop nuclear weapons? HAHAHAHA, good one.  ::)

The best part is the guy claiming that they won't do it because Ahmadinejad said so. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
And I don't want a nuclear Israel or middle east.  But that ship has sailed or is fast sailing.  With the passing of each year, developing technology and engineering make the possiblity of any country developing a nuclear weapon more possible.

It's a good thing that Mutual Assured Destruction works.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 07:08:14 PM »
I don't want them to have nuclear weapons, but then again I'm not that comfortable with Bush and Co having them either.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 07:10:22 PM »
Pakistan has them, they aren't any better or safer than Iran.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 09:24:50 PM »
Israel will level Iran before they get nukes.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 11:03:54 PM »

And just as Pakistan hasn't taken it upon themselves to meddle in the affairs of almost every other Arab country....

Fact of the matter is that not one country in the Middle East wants to see Iran with nukes.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 12:13:34 AM »
Even if the whole world got rid of nuclear weapons, our govt. would see fit to keep ours, ahem, just incase...

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 03:12:28 AM »
Iran has the legal right to develop domestic nuclear power.

What's your reasonable solution?  Would it involve the US massacring Iran?

Gee, there was a time when we did give world leaders the benefit of the doubt.  Then George Bush ordered the attack of Iraq to disarm a disarmed country.  I remember that like it was almost yesterday.

Mission Accomplished! 

Iranian leaders might be crazy but they are not insane.  Why do you think Israel still exists?  If Iran had the irrational bloodlust to attack them, Iran would be utterly destroyed...if not by Israel then the US.

Where was a talking about nuclear power? CQ was talking about nukes which I would assume she means a nuclear arsenal.

Reasonable solution for nuclear power would have one of Britain, US, France, Israel looking over the development and running on the nuclear plants. Iran in its current form needs babysitting, it's that simple, YOU are an idiot if you believe otherwise.

A time when world leaders got the benefit of the doubt? Is that sarcasm or just total lack of historical knowledge on your part?

Get of your high horse.

How many times must I quote this for you:

“Wherever you see a man who gives someone else's corruption, someone else's prejudice as a reason for not taking action himself, you see a cog in The Machine that governs us.” - John Jay Chapman

You need an education.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 07:26:22 AM »
Where was a talking about nuclear power? CQ was talking about nukes which I would assume she means a nuclear arsenal.

Reasonable solution for nuclear power would have one of Britain, US, France, Israel looking over the development and running on the nuclear plants. Iran in its current form needs babysitting, it's that simple, YOU are an idiot if you believe otherwise.

A time when world leaders got the benefit of the doubt? Is that sarcasm or just total lack of historical knowledge on your part?

Get of your high horse.

How did you know that I ride horses?

First of all, Israel has ZERO right to legislate the energy policy of Iran.  Israel is violating the same anti-nuclear proliferation restrictions that the US is forcing on Iran.  Does the US have the right to turn a blind eye to Israel's illegal nuclear arsenal while dropping the hammer on Iran? 

IN the words of the first Bush, "What we say goes." 

My point is that, with the refinement and advancement of technology, bomb production will become an easier more surreptitious act.  The US had better find a way to deal with proliferation b/c it's going to get much worse. 

Or do we just attack and decimate every country that may have nuclear designs?

The benefit of the doubt was extended to Bush by Blair over the Iraqi WMD assertions made by the US.  Same goes for all the other countries in the "Coalition of the Willing", or are you just demonstrating your complete lack of recent historical knowledge?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 07:36:31 AM »
Huh? I'm all for Iran and other nations having nuclear power. Literacy levels are falling fast in the US it seems.

However, whether you like it or not, there ARE a bunch of countries US, UK, Western Europe that should keep tabs on what these countries are doing.

IMO there should be bidding for which country provides nuclear energy to Iran, and that country should overlook the process until Iran is run by more desirable regime.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 07:40:36 AM »

Get of your high horse.

How many times must I quote this for you:

“Wherever you see a man who gives someone else's corruption, someone else's prejudice as a reason for not taking action himself, you see a cog in The Machine that governs us.” - John Jay Chapman

You need an education.

Decker is right. And that seems to bother you.   You are arguing 2 levels below him at all times.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 07:44:04 AM »
Must be true then.

bush ws soooo right about iraq ::)

sucking bush kok dosen't make u whiter...

only makes u stupid..

carpe` vaginum!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 07:46:58 AM »
Decker is right. And that seems to bother you.   You are arguing 2 levels below him at all times.

Who's gimmick are you? Right about what?

You're one of the biggest losers on this forum, congrats.

bush ws soooo right about iraq ::)

sucking bush kok dosen't make u whiter...

only makes u stupid..

Yes, Iranian president was so right about women's rights in Iran and Iran having no gays.

How very interesting, he lies about the most mundane things, and you believe him on infinitely more serious matters.

Not very gullible are you?
الاسلام هو شيطانية