Author Topic: Close grip bench  (Read 4469 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Close grip bench
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2008, 10:38:07 AM »
There are natural presses like you that will react to it more than most and virtually never get injured, get to bigger numbers. There are others who react differently, never get to great numbers and in fact get injured trying to get to big lifts and don't react that well to compounds. Count me in the second group after many years of presses and shoulder probs.

exactly... try one..if it doens't work try the other..

number one killer of great triceps.. OVER TRAINING!

you don't work your back or chest or legs twice a week.. so why would you have a seperate arm day after all  your pressing movements!

triceps only need one or two exercises a week with no more than 6-7 total sets like biceps and that's IT!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 11:10:06 AM »
you don't work your back or chest or legs twice a week.. so why would you have a seperate arm day after all  your pressing movements!

triceps only need one or two exercises a week with no more than 6-7 total sets like biceps and that's IT!

i work everything twice a week.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2008, 11:10:50 AM »
exactly... try one..if it doens't work try the other..

number one killer of great triceps.. OVER TRAINING!

Frequency is like exercise selection, try each for a while then decide. Once a week wouldn't cut if for me-2-3 days for complete recovery's enough, then hit it again. There's no proof that hitting a muscle 2 or 3 times a week with low or moderate sets is overtraining, that's just another theory that accompanies today's trend of less training.Most of the top BBs of the last 4-5 decades hit the muscle twice weekly-Coleman, Oliva, Schwarzenegger, etc. Schwarzenegger thrice weekly precontest.

Just as with exercise selection, you have to try each approach for a while and see the differences.