Author Topic: Chick says Hopefully Ronnie has RETIRED  (Read 8878 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Chick says Hopefully Ronnie has RETIRED
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 06:40:03 PM »
I dont think Ronnie cares much about tarnishing his legacy.

I think he cares more about making money, meeting fans, having fun and still getting attention.

Back in the day, Bbers cared about going out on top, their place in history, etc.

Now?  Too many big dollars to do that. Ronnie can make a half a mil doing what he does... why would he walk away from $500k?  So kids who read BBing books think a little higher of him?  The man has kids to feed.  He should guest pose til he's 50 years old, if the $ is still there and people still come to see him.
You hit it right on the money, he is to humble to let his ego think he is tarnishing his image. He simply loves the sport.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 06:41:05 PM »
Ron how can you base what Ronnie looks like on stage this past weekend.  He NEVER guest poses in shape.  He is a fat slob for years.  He has come to Hawaii maybe 5 or 6 times for Mits show.  Everytime he looks like shit (at least 4 times that I saw).  Other pics of him posted on here guest posing he looks like shit.  So you can't say that.

It has nothing to do with his condition, but his shape was ruined.  His left leg and left tricep are so small.  I honestly don't think he can ever get the size back to be competitive.  

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 06:41:47 PM »
I couldn't disagree with Bob and Ron more. Nothing is going to tarnish Ronnnies image ever. He is an 8 time Mr Olympia and will hold that title long after he is gone.

Ronnie is obviously not on half the sauce that he was using when he was competing and there is certainl no reason to be. Huge props to him for still doing what he loves to do!! Just because he is retired doesn't mean he needs to pump the same amount of drugs he was using when he competed. He is comfortable enough with him self and still looks better than most of the guys on stage at the Pittsbugh to guest pose.

Remember that Ronnie at 50% is still bigger than most of the pros who have yet to retire. I know that it may be a bit tough to see him smaller, but all of us (God willing) will keep shrinking as the years go by.

How many past Olympia winners still had the balls to keep on guest posing after they retired?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2008, 06:43:04 PM »
You hit it right on the money, he is to humble to let his ego think he is tarnishing his image. He simply loves the sport.

I think in Ronnie's shoes, most of us would do the same thing Ronnie's doing.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 06:44:27 PM »
I think in Ronnie's shoes, most of us would do the same thing Ronnie's doing.

i would drive the fucking bentley all day long and eat at burger king... :) fuck diets

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 06:45:36 PM »
Waiting for Chick to say,Stick a Fork in Him. ::)

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2008, 06:46:31 PM »
I couldn't disagree with Bob and Ron more. Nothing is going to tarnish Ronnnies image ever. He is an 8 time Mr Olympia and will hold that title long after he is gone.

Ronnie is obviously not on half the sauce that he was using when he was competing and there is certainl no reason to be. Huge props to him for still doing what he loves to do!! Just because he is retired doesn't mean he needs to pump the same amount of drugs he was using when he competed. He is comfortable enough with him self and still looks better than most of the guys on stage at the Pittsbugh to guest pose.

Remember that Ronnie at 50% is still bigger than most of the pros who have yet to retire. I know that it may be a bit tough to see him smaller, but all of us (God willing) will keep shrinking as the years go by.

How many past Olympia winners still had the balls to keep on guest posing after they retired?

Haney guest posed for the year after he retired and looked pretty good doing so.  Ronnie and Dorian had injuries that made their physiques worse

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 06:48:21 PM »
i agree with the guest posing i just dont think he should compete anymore, bad guest posing wont hurt his legacy. But i feel bad placings would

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2008, 06:49:22 PM »
Haney guest posed for the year after he retired and looked pretty good doing so.  Ronnie and Dorian had injuries that made their physiques worse

I don't recall Lee haney doing any guest posing after he retired. When was this?

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2008, 06:51:06 PM »
but most PRO athletes who have been on top of their sport know when to get out- Jordan,Bird,Magic, Elway, Marino,Walter Peyton, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, Gretzky, Orr, Nickalus,Palmer, Cal Ripken, Nolan Ryan, etc... even ARNOLD, HANEY, DORIAN......they didn't stick around being a shell of themselves, a shell of what we all knew them to be. But then is BB really a sport?????

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2008, 06:55:15 PM »
Luga74
Getbig II

Got to protect this house......

« Reply #34 on: Today at 06:51:06 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but most PRO athletes who have been on top of their sport know when to get out- Jordan,Bird,Magic, Elway, Marino,Walter Peyton, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, Gretzky, Orr, Nickalus,Palmer, Cal Ripken, Nolan Ryan, etc... even ARNOLD, HANEY, DORIAN......they didn't stick around being a shell of themselves, a shell of what we all knew them to be. But then is BB really .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 There is one difference those Athletes made MONEY.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2008, 06:56:07 PM »
but most PRO athletes who have been on top of their sport know when to get out- Jordan,Bird,Magic, Elway, Marino,Walter Peyton, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, Gretzky, Orr, Nickalus,Palmer, Cal Ripken, Nolan Ryan, etc... even ARNOLD, HANEY, DORIAN......they didn't stick around being a shell of themselves, a shell of what we all knew them to be. But then is BB really a sport?????

Ronnie does not have to rely on any type of athletic ability like dunking a ball. All bbers will lose muscle when off the drugs. Ronnie back on will look just like he did in 2006 but there is no reason for that after 8 Olympia wins. Last year Ronnie obviously did not take his training all that serious,  but he still was good enough to beat Jay. Sad thing is that everyone was comparing Ronnie to the Ronnie of old.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2008, 06:58:31 PM »
Why you guys rippin on bob?  We dont want to remember ronnie this way.   Looking like 100lbs of shit in a 5lb bag.....hes had his day, now move on.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2008, 07:03:37 PM »
I don't recall Lee haney doing any guest posing after he retired. When was this?

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2008, 07:04:06 PM »
Big Ronnie we know you read this board So what do you think about your Pro Rep saying on public Radio that you should RETIRE?????.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2008, 07:04:38 PM »
anyone who does not think he already tarnished his rep by losing two olympia's when he was well past his prime and looking like this 6 months after placing 4th is off thier freeking rocker ;)

he's already lowered himself below haney, arnold and yates with the losses after a long undefeated stint  as mr "o" , now he looking to push himself into a mike tyson situation.

some of you people dont realize 10 yrs from now  he wont be mentioned as the best ever, maybe his 03 look will still be regarded as the best of all time, but no way in hell these last few yrs did not knock him down alot in a historical sense!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2008, 07:06:15 PM »

OK I hope this isn't going to be like pulling teeth.  ;D I kinda figured that since he retired in 91. I meant when and where. Seriously, I really don't recall him guest posing unless you are talking like right at his last win.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2008, 07:07:34 PM »
anyone who does not think he already tarnished his rep by losing two olympia's when he was well past his prime and looking like this 6 months after placing 4th is off thier freeking rocker ;)

he's already lowered himself below haney, arnold and yates with the losses after a long stint  as mr "o" , now he looking to push himself into a mike tyson situation.

some of you people dont realize 10 yrs from now  he wont be mentioned as the best ever, maybe his 03 look will still be regarded as the best of all time, but no way in hell these last few yrs did not knock him down alot in a historical sense!

Other than Jay, who looked any better than Ronnie at that show?????

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2008, 07:14:26 PM »
Ronnie has kids to feed, and he's earning more than 99% of America.

Ronnie has done a lot to his body and might not worry too much about what age 90 will be.

Ronnie is milking it, earning every cent he can.  Can't blame him.  So a few internet kids will think less of him after he's long gone... big deal.  Feeding his kids and getting them set for life is way more important to him, I"m sure. 

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2008, 07:23:01 PM »
 :-\

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2008, 07:24:40 PM »
I dont think Ronnie cares much about tarnishing his legacy.

I think he cares more about making money, meeting fans, having fun and still getting attention.

Back in the day, Bbers cared about going out on top, their place in history, etc.

Now?  Too many big dollars to do that. Ronnie can make a half a mil doing what he does... why would he walk away from $500k?  So kids who read BBing books think a little higher of him?  The man has kids to feed.  He should guest pose til he's 50 years old, if the $ is still there and people still come to see him.

+1

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2008, 07:26:17 PM »
when you talk about dorian or lee haney its like... whoaaaaaaaaa

thats cause they fucking knew when to retire!

Actually, Dorian did NOT know when to retire. I was not impressed with his 1996 and 1997 showing. He didn't deserve to win either year, BUT, like Cutler he was awarded gifts.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »
Even Arnold didn't go out on top. 1980 Mr. Olympia anyone? YET, he is still a legend. An icon.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2008, 07:29:08 PM »
that back shot is a little disheartening,he had one of the freakiest backs ever,and when he flexed it lights out,he barely put any effort in the pose,unless it was caught midflex.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2008, 07:34:50 PM »
Ron how can you base what Ronnie looks like on stage this past weekend. He NEVER guest poses in shape. He is a fat slob for years.

I base it on that Ronnie is having a harder time getting into the physique that got him the Mr. Olympia title. I base it that Ronnie is 43 or so, and like anyone else, he was the best in the world at one time, and now he isnt.

Just because he is retired doesn't mean he needs to pump the same amount of drugs he was using when he competed. He is comfortable enough with him self and still looks better than most of the guys on stage at the Pittsbugh to guest pose.

Absolutely, he can do whatever he wants, but people will always remember how great he looked for 10 years, and how off he is now. Such is the casualty when you are the best out there at one time.  And yes, he still can beat a number of other bodybuilders if he competes again.

anyone who does not think he already tarnished his rep by losing two olympia's when he was well past his prime and looking like this 6 months after placing 4th is off thier freeking rocker

No - he was the best in the world, and gave it two more times to see what he can accomplish. Kudos for Ronnie for doing that and making it exciting and interesting.